Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
looks like its turning to snow west of Cardiff

Dogs...keep posting the radar shots thru' the day on this thread if you don't mind. Then i can keep the troops uptodate in work :)

Posted
Dogs...keep posting the radar shots thru' the day on this thread if you don't mind. Then i can keep the troops uptodate in work :)

yes I will from time to time....

just saw BBC..my eye popped out of my head...

still looking good for a dumping with the BBC....latest radar more rain turning to snow in Wales as it moves in.........

BBc said from Bristol channel onwards for large amounts

latest radar you can see more of it turning

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Still looks good for bristol area in the early hours. id say it could be very wet to begin but its a good chance it will be snow and im possitive that the mendips shall get a pasting as long as it doesnt mover further north again.

We had a fresh inch of snow about 1.30 am so as long as we dont get silly temps today it should stick around for the big event later i hope.

Posted
Still looks good for bristol area in the early hours. id say it could be very wet to begin but its a good chance it will be snow and im possitive that the mendips shall get a pasting as long as it doesnt mover further north again.

We had a fresh inch of snow about 1.30 am so as long as we dont get silly temps today it should stick around for the big event later i hope.

HI mullender we didn't get much here but we did get a small covering on the cars and roads again...

BBC guy said there could be changes to where the snow will fall so he will update throughout the day...

He said snow in Cardiff by 3.00pm.............by looking at the radar it looks alot sooner

edit should be snowing in Cardiff NOW

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning peeps, woke up to a fresh covering of a couple of inches or so, everything completely white again :) Don't think it will stick around for long though, temps already just below 0c. Fingers crossed they'll dip again and stay lower.

Posted
looks like its turning to snow west of Cardiff

Oh the tension is unbearable, dogs32 not long now, the cotswolds is in for a pasting :)

Posted
Oh the tension is unbearable, dogs32 not long now, the cotswolds is in for a pasting :)

YES i NOTICED we are smack in the middle of the prediction.large amounts hopefully...

:)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
HI mullender we didn't get much here but we did get a small covering on the cars and roads again...

BBC guy said there could be changes to where the snow will fall so he will update throughout the day...

He said snow in Cardiff by 3.00pm.............by looking at the radar it looks alot sooner

hmm, doesnt look like reaching us til early evening id say. I am positive though because traditionaly high ground like the mendips, cotswolds, exmoor and quantocks do very well out of this sort of setup. I'll be surprised is places like wells and glastonbury, somerset will see much. Although id prefer they did because it makes it far less marginal for me.

Posted
the problem is if it moves to far North it could turn to rain after a dumping

Yes that would be a complete disaster. I cant wait to see met office warning update at 11am i'll be scared to look at it. just have a bad feeling we will be in for a downgrade. although its only 12 hours away what could go wrong....

Posted
Yes that would be a complete disaster. I cant wait to see met office warning update at 11am i'll be scared to look at it. just have a bad feeling we will be in for a downgrade. although its only 12 hours away what could go wrong....

The good news is its fairly heavy stuff...so a nice heavy period of snow..........

The bad news it doesnt look like a 24hr affair....BBC

The good news from SKY is that its more wide spread across the country and its well into Friday

DO YOU THINK WE WILL MISS IT :)

Edited by dogs32

Posted
The good news is its fairly heavy stuff...so a nice heavy period of snow..........

The bad news it doesnt look like a 24hr affair....BBC

The good news from SKY is that its more wide spread across the country and its well into Friday

Yes i think maybe less snow than expected but it would be better than having rain all together. It may barely turn to rain and then clear before its return trip as snow in which case the thaw wouldnt be horrific and we would keep most of what fell.

I am exausted from the last couple of days of weather watching lol.

Posted
Yes i think maybe less snow than expected but it would be better than having rain all together. It may barely turn to rain and then clear before its return trip as snow in which case the thaw wouldnt be horrific and we would keep most of what fell.

I am exausted from the last couple of days of weather watching lol.

overall if you put BBC and SKY together we are in for a Large dumping..lol...

Yes I was shattered also...I deliberately had a break from it yesterday and went to bed earlier than I wonted to..

the problem now is Im going to be up all night watching

Posted

What time roughly do you think it will hit the southwest?

Are we even getting any snow in the southwest? :D

The sky is very dull, with a brown tinge to it..on and off really.

But no sunshine or blues sky's to be seen!

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
What time roughly do you think it will hit the southwest?

Are we even getting any snow in the southwest? lol.

Im listening to BBC weather....but there not always right are they. :D

BBC your not..............SKY you are.....

time I wouldn't of thought it wouldnt be to long by looking at the radar..maybe by dinner time..who knows..

just hope SKY correct in your case as they have the snow more widespread....

it depends where you are in Somerset really....you are on the edge of the snow forecast..BBC

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Humm the problem with this band coming from the south is it will be rain on the south coast, so the further sout you are the more chance of rain / sleet.

Im hoping temps will drop a bit, so if it comes in over night this will be best as it should be colder. Even if its only by a degree every little helps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Morning All!

Think what is coming up on the radar now is not what is forcast tonight going by what I saw on the BBC this morning; It moves away, then the real fun starts at around midnight through to tomorrow... I'm prob wrong tho!

We must have had rain over night as all we have is slush left :D . Still white on Mendips though.

Posted
Morning All!

Think what is coming up on the radar now is not what is forcast tonight going by what I saw on the BBC this morning; It moves away, then the real fun starts at around midnight through to tomorrow... I'm prob wrong tho!

We must have had rain over night as all we have is slush left :D . Still white on Mendips though.

yes your correct.

Posted
Morning All!

thats even better then...as its already a large area and turning to snow now in Wales South...

Met office update at 11.00am I think

Posted

The tension is unbearable. :D:D

What if it all comes to nothing? :D:cray:

We'll just have to help each other through this difficult time. :D:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

What page do i look on to see the forecast on met office. All i can find is weather warnings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
The tension is unbearable. :D:D

What if it all comes to nothing? :D:cray:

We'll just have to help each other through this difficult time. :D:D

But if it comes to something, Some places could see the type of snow London etc had!