Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
Looks like a cold rain event tomorrow. Typical.

Well back at my desk after a 3-hour mtg and i'm none the wiser about tonite and tom morn!

From what WIB posted earlier it looks like it's veering towards Ireland. This morning it was projected to drive thru' the midlands to the north taking the snow with it. Maybe it'll take a mid-ground direction and end up slap back on top of BTL and decise to stay there for a day! :)

I suppose predicting the direction of a system like this is similar to when a hurricane makes landfall in the caribbean!

I suppose Midlands north still looks best, but who knows?

What's the view from that radar, Dogs?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Has the Met Office Orange warning crept south a bit..or has it been like that all day???.....could it be all slipping southwards

I dont think so.

I could swear its crept north west since this morning.

Posted

Temp in Blandford Dorset at the moment is 4.1.

So hoping it going to start to drop soon but can't see it, looking like rain/sleet for us

Lets just hope this front slows and gives the cold air chance to sink south. Reports of snow in northen France.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
Has the Met Office Orange warning crept south a bit..or has it been like that all day???.....could it be all slipping southwards

Been like that most of the day mate

Posted
Well back at my desk after a 3-hour mtg and i'm none the wiser about tonite and tom morn!

From what WIB posted earlier it looks like it's veering towards Ireland. This morning it was projected to drive thru' the midlands to the north taking the snow with it. Maybe it'll take a mid-ground direction and end up slap back on top of BTL and decise to stay there for a day! :)

I suppose predicting the direction of a system like this is similar to when a hurricane makes landfall in the caribbean!

I suppose Midlands north still looks best, but who knows?

What's the view from that radar, Dogs?

not much change mate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

:)

That is definately snow blowing around out there now! Perhaps all hope is not lost!

Posted
:)

That is definately snow blowing around out there now! Perhaps all hope is not lost!

yes............in the last 10 mins the rain is turning on radar

and its getting colder here

PLYMOUTH AS SLEET AT PRESENT

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I'll take that, thanks! haha. It does seem to be getting colder, and the ice is reforming on the pond... which is quite interesting to watch... must do work... You of course benefit from being further north so elevation less of an issue maybe?

Well funnily I've done an update for a local forum (non weather related) I'm a Mod on which has seen me cover all bases between 4 inches of snow right down to just rain because this really is a knife-edge situation :) .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Can I breath out yet? Turning blue here......

Posted

now is a good time to get the radar...its realy cheap...Pauls not paying to say this :rolleyes:

It really is excellent...for those who havent seen it here it is a snap shot down South

edit...Surely this thing is going to deepen as at present its not a large dumping..

But like someone said maybe this is not the main LP

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
yes............in the last 10 mins the rain is turning on radar

and its getting colder here

PLYMOUTH AS SLEET AT PRESENT

Its certainly blowing up a storm out there at the moment, wind has really picked up, coming from the ESE gusting at nearly 30mph. Currently 1.5C, feeling like -2.7C in the wind. Brrr

Posted

3rd Day off School today due to snow and Ice - haven't had a flake since yesterday afternoon though - Temperatures went up 1.5C earlier but now lower at 0.4C - still around 12cm of snow lying in the back garden - Gwynedd County Council has apparently ran out of grit so that must be a problem. For tonight and tomorrow don't really know if it will snow but hope so, don't really want to go back to school until next week. Clouds coming in now from Snowdon's direction.

Some Links for Pictures from our Snow Event

Piccy 1

Piccy 2

Posted

lookin good for wiltshire on them 2 predictions... its freazin stil here non of the snow is meltin are anything.. so i think thats a good sign

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross
1 thing... i dont wont sleet? so who was up for takin the m4 down again :rolleyes:

Do I spy another recruit? Come on folks, people power, we can do it.

Still breathing in, sucking the cold air down, turning puce now......

I have a dilemma, I'm off to choose a cocker spaniel pup tonight, the pup's in Keynsham just outside Bristol. The original plan was to pick him up Saturday rather than bring him straight home tonight but I don't want to leave it until then, if there's a real risk I can't get him at the weekend - the excitement would drive me mad and I'd drive everyone else mad with it. What do you reckon? Serious dumping in the offing or lucky to get an inch or two?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Oh my god!!!

I cant handle this!

We could be on our way for some amazing snow but i just dont want to get too excited otherwise i fear the letdown will push me over the edge into loopyland!Maaahahahwhweoifhofewqoefjwqf