Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
That snow will NOT last BB. The whole system has too much energy behind it and will push north-north west fairly quickly.

However, possible back edge snow as it pushes south again on Fri morn, but that is subject to change.

To be honest the trend for a downgrade for us started yesterday afternoon.

Well i'll take everyones word for it now, im even running out of optimism. The only thing that convinced me was because MetO, ITV and BBC were all saying the same thing, snow.

Hopefully theres enough eggs to go all around tomorrow.

AS YOU KNWO THE GFS HAS BEEN VERY POOR RECENTLY IN THE PAST WEEKS ANYWAY.

More fool you I say, again people have to be pesimistic rather than happy and greatfull look at the facts ok.

Its been the best snowfall for years. We have had the deepest and most prolonged snow here in Wales since 1982 yet people still arent happy.

1. I don't live in Wales, it may surprise you.

2. I would rather expect what the GFS is showing and then be pleasantly surprised to get some snow, rather than expect snow 'coz the BBC said' and get rain and

3. There's no need to shout.

Posted

Look here are som pictures of yesterdays snow to cheer you all up:D

Smile people it may never happen. BUT IT'S GONNA MARK MY WORDS HAH

post-6408-1233767676_thumb.jpg

post-6408-1233767735_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like sleet is turning to snow according to the netweather radar in Wiltshire? Anyone Confirm?

Edited by monkeyuk

Posted
post-6740-1233767111_thumb.png post-6740-1233767125_thumb.pngpost-6740-1233767155_thumb.png

Please look at the bigger picture people say this everytime snows forecast and its not looking very snowy as it moves in, everything is bang on atm.

yes, if you recall I said a few hours of snow. not a full day of it, in an EXCEPTIONAL event. there is nothing exceptional about this, looking at those charts anyway. not for South Wales anyway, unless those charts are WRONG. Also the west country, which was looking bang on to get plastered, have again missed out.(again, according to those charts)

i call EXCEPTIONAL, 4 days of constant snow, like we had in 78/82, and drifts you could lose a tractor in! :)

Posted
Looks like sleet is turning to snow according to the netweather radar in Wiltshire? Anyone Confirm?

YES small bits on the edge

Edited by dogs32

Posted
yes last week caused me to go on Prozac :crazy:

Its looking good..........BBC more and MORE confident

I know I'll have nightmares forever if this turns out to be a damp squib :):)

Posted

where about in wiltshire? not here yet

Posted

It's not even precipitating in Chippenham (northish).

Posted
Anybody have any idea if this is gonna mean any snow for wiltshire tonight? :)

Wiltshire is a large county with many elevated areas and other places lower down.

Where are you? How high(ish) are you?...

... That will have an effect later.

As for now : very little precipitation on the radar and at present none of what's over my postcode is reaching the ground, presumably because the air lower down is quite dry.

The temperature has steadily dropped to 1.2c and the sky, dusky though it is, looks primed for snow.

Posted

Its taking ages to move...It will get here by Spring :)

got a feeling now SKY forecast on the time might be correct

Edited by dogs32

Posted

• Just watched news 24 weather update at 16:57. Looks like a 'NO' event for the south west or at best a temporary snow event.

By 8 tom morn only s.e wales, mid-wales and midlands in snow belt. Even Cotswolds looks marginal to me now.

I fear a big 'larry letdown'!!

24 hours ago it looked like a mega-snow event for the south west, BTL and south midlands :)

I have been trying to warn you all .. all day.. so you wouldn't get your hopes up :) .... But i keep being ignored as this isnt what people want to hear.. Bless dont hit ya head to much .. :crazy:

kaz x

Posted
Its taking ages to move...It will get here by Spring :crazy:

got a feeling now SKY forecast on the time might be correct

thats good the slower it gets to us all the better... then any luck stall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

• I have been trying to warn you all .. all day.. so you wouldn't get your hopes up :crazy: .... But i keep being ignored as this isnt what people want to hear.. Bless dont hit ya head to much .. :)
    kaz x
hahaha i hear you and was listening didnt think it would happen again were lucky yesterday

Posted

When do the BBC update their web forecast? They are still talking about 13:00 today at the beginning. That's ridiculous!

Posted

yes I knew Cotsworlds was marginal from the GFS.....Though I was hoping for the ICE AGE before the rain....lol

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

To be honest I wouldn't take News 24 as gospel any more than the various sources that say snow. This is the sort of marginal event which we won't know 100% about until it happens. Try waking up tomorrow morning and seeing what happens!

It does look, though, as if a pulse of warmer air MIGHT reach Cornwall and Devon tomorrow, which would mean rain at the time of the warmer air. All still open to question though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Thundery wintry showers, what's it doing in Exeter at the moment? Any sign of sleet/snow? DPs are -1 there according to xcweather...

Posted

yES TWS....just like last week.....at the last minute it all changed for the EAST for the dumping...I mean Sunday

Edited by dogs32

Posted
As for now : very little precipitation on the radar and at present none of what's over my postcode is reaching the ground, presumably because the air lower down is quite dry.

I agree - radar suggests we should be getting some precipitation but nothing reaching the ground. Dew points have dropped significantly in the last few hours and Richard Angwin (BBC South West) seemed pretty certain the rain would 'readily' turn to snow as it moved inland. It seems to me that the rain moving north is fragmenting as it moves over the channel, certainly very little significant rain sleet or snow for some time yet. Still have decent snow cover here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
blob over France heading NORTH

YUMMY! :rolleyes:

Posted
blob over France heading NORTH

think you will find it starts moving over to the east .. along the english ch

kaz x