Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

OK...So are there any more glitches in the predictions or is this pretty well read now..do i have to keep an eye on the lamp post tonite or should i just bury myself in a beer..Seriously though are there still room for changes favouring Somerset before it all kicks off or during the said event?

Reading all the post so far it seems minor changes are still taking place or am i along with many others i expect grabbing at those for ever present straws..?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
OK...So are there any more glitches in the predictions or is this pretty well read now..do i have to keep an eye on the lamp post tonite or should i just bury myself in a beer..Seriously though are there still room for changes favouring Somerset before it all kicks off or during the said event?

Reading all the post so far it seems minor changes are still taking place or am i along with many others i expect grabbing at those for ever present straws..?

Nick, I would have the beer anyway just in case :(

The radar shows ppn over me but there is nothing falling from the sky :(

Posted
Nick, I would have the beer anyway just in case :(

The radar shows ppn over me but there is nothing falling from the sky :(

From Glacier Point in the Model Discussion thread just now:

One final twist ? The DWD 12z has just trended back south a little for tomorrow:

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gmee_carte...h=18&mode=1

Still not enough for those south and east of Bristol on the first ocludeded front but backdoor is a possibility on Friday.

Posted
Lynxus or Smarty have you the temp...It feels its gone a lot colder here in the last hr

I can see this happening now as temp are falling

My thermometer packed in a week ago, but little rissington chelt is reading around 1.5c to 1.1c wonder

Posted
Hmm netweather have put bristol's snow event back to saturday on their 7 day forecast thing. It feels like it has gone colder, but the head of my snowman has just fallen off :rofl: .

Im glad you say that as the charts show more snow different days..GFS that is....But I suppose there not much talk about it because its way off...

edit .thx Smarty I thought the temp shot down.....Very noticable here now......Sleet becoming more widespread in Cornwall /Devon

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well, I've just got back in and have read through the last few pages. I am now totally confused. :D

Will it or won't it?

Come on you silly snow. :D:rofl:

Posted

Itv says it is snow snow snow tonight into tommorrow, but the chance of more snow on saturday. I feel sorry for the headmasters who have to decide if they close their schools. And Universities, it is very hard to notify every single student, most off them dont check their emails!

Edited by sabrina2090

Posted

Slightly off topic, but seems that all schools in Powys will be closed tomorrow due to the forecast snow, and Ceredigion county council has run out of road salt with only minimal reserves left for 'selected routes'.

So, if this snow does indeed come down heavily, looks like it's gonna be an interesting day...

It's getting colder here now at SY23 3BT, but I have no thermometer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Temp is still falling here it is down to 1.9c now and just had a light flurry which lasted all of 2 mins.

just to correct that is has just hit 1.7

Edited by mullender83

Posted

It certainly has got noticeably colder, this afternoon.

Posted

Yes we in carmarthenshire have all had letters from the Cyngor Sir gâr(council) saying that due to colder weather as of late grit salt will be reserved for all major A roads and some selected B roads and this would come in force from today. they will try and remove any deep snow in due course or something with snow ploughs but are advising drivers to stick to main routes and if traveling on minor roads is necessary to take a spade and chains on the tires. We still have deep snow on the grass and on the garden, It's more like ice and slush on the roads due to a slight thaw from yest afternoon which refroze and thawed slightly this morning but temp as dropped now. We haven't seen the sun all day so clearly this has helped retain snow cover.

Posted
Yes we in carmarthenshire have all had letters from the Cyngor Sir gâr(council) saying that due to colder weather as of late grit salt will be reserved for all major A roads and some selected B roads and this would come in force from today. they will try and remove any deep snow in due course or something with snow ploughs but are advising drivers to stick to main routes and if traveling on minor roads is necessary to take a spade and chains on the tires. We still have deep snow on the grass and on the garden, It's more like ice and slush on the roads due to a slight thaw from yest afternoon which refroze and thawed slightly this morning but temp as dropped now. We haven't seen the sun all day so clearly this has helped retain snow cover.

Council warns that they are LOW on Grit :rofl:

we have been told they only have half left here

Posted

So, Powys closing all schools tomorrow, Ceredigion on grit reserves, Carmarthenshire only gritting favourite roads, and Co-Op in Machynlleth is out of potatoes.

And the Thursday Snow isn't even here yet!

How did we cope in '48?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please
Itv says it is snow snow snow tonight into tommorrow, but the chance of more snow on saturday. I feel sorry for the headmasters who have to decide if they close their schools. And Universities, it is very hard to notify every single student, most off them dont check their emails!

You'd think they would (and im sure they do) collect mobile phone numbers and just sent out texts advising students... this is the 21st Century after all haha :)

Posted
Thats a good thing. :) - school closure then.

good news for you Jay...bad for me I loose money...People have already cancelled with me because of the ICE

but no school for you at this rate until Spring

imp I dont think they did cope in 48....we are talking big time dumping

ps I wasnt around then mind

Edited by dogs32

Posted
I'm looking forward to this tonight. :)

well im not looking forward to rain :) because that is what us down the north are going to get, still no sign off snow for us keeps downgrading by the min..

have fun Jay..

kaz x

looks to be some activity off the french coast so maybe all is not lost ... no snow but maybe a few flashes :)

Edited by kaz