Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Well I'm off to bed now probably won't sleep be looking out of the window every 5 mins. It's heavy snow here did not expect this much 2 cm now on top of lying snow from Monday here in the sticks of outer Hertford.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

The roads will be trecherous in the morning!!

Persistant moderate ICE falling...............

Just been for a quick cig and there is about 1 cm of crunchy Ice under foot. Some big snow flakes now mixing in..........

All this bodes very well for Iceni and TEITS.

Seasons

Posted

I might be wrong but I think we are witnessing a major c*ck up by the Met O.

The main risk zone to me is most definately E Anglia/E Midlands rather than the SW Midlands. Also once this band of snow moves into Norfolk/Cambs/Lincs there is the chance this could stall. Now considering the intensity of the precip this could cause major problems.

Just going by the reports its obvious those outside the M25 are seeing snow and obviously that 1-2C difference from the urban heat island effect is making the difference.

Now those in Suffolk/Essex/Herts etc may see this snow turn to rain as the less cold temps move N. However what is concerning me is if the front stalls around Lincs/E Midlands.

I could be completely wrong and misreading the situation!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
Iceni stay up!!! Moderate snow here now, everything turning white!!!! Pictures to follow...............

Seasons!! :unknw:

YESSSSS!

Remembered one of the cats was still out so went down to call him in and he was waiting on the doorstep — don't blame because it's snowing cats and dogs!!!! Lovely powdery snow again. Whoooohooooh! :D

Thanks for keeping the faith Seasons, my snowy friend. :)

Posted

The main risk zone to me is most definately E Anglia/E Midlands rather than the SW Midlands. Also once this band of snow moves into Norfolk/Cambs/Lincs there is the chance this could stall. Now considering the intensity of the precip this could cause major problems.

Just going by the reports its obvious those outside the M25 are seeing snow and obviously that 1-2C difference from the urban heat island effect is making the difference.

Now those in Suffolk/Essex/Herts etc may see this snow turn to rain as the less cold temps move N. However what is concerning me is if the front stalls around Lincs/E Midlands.

Hi TEITS where was this front meant to be moving towards? Was it meant to be moving north towards you, stalling, then moving back SE or was the front moving back SE a separate one for the week end?

Don't forget the warnings for the west country were upgraded at 10pm, and started snowing at 10:30pm here :yahoo::cold:

Posted

Now got quite heavy wet snow here, its settling on the frozen roads/pavements. Quite surprised by this to be honest, got a meeting all morning tomorrow, going to be tired as am going to have to stay up til 3.30 am now lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Proper moderate snow now.

Everything is laying :cold:

Iceni, this is the Winter..........................plenty more to come over the coming weeks too! My snowy friend :yahoo: LOL

Seasons

Posted

Lol decided to do the middle of the night feed for my 7 week old son to give the other half a break....... :rolleyes:

Nice to see a decent cover already, at first glance through my slits for eyes i guess there has been 5cm with more to come, just hope its there when i wake up! Anyway enjoy the snow further north! Going back to bed now

Posted

OMG..........................

BIG fat flakes now..............this is more than I truely expected here to be quite honest.

Few people will both going to work if this carries on :rolleyes:

Seasons

Posted

Warnings now upgraded to areas who were intially out of the risk zone.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Not surprising considering the reports/radar.

Just want to add that im not knocking the Met O but puzzled at the updates around 22.39 when the radar suggested otherwise.

Don't forget the risk of snow returns tomorrow night into Friday.

Posted

Cannot believe how heavily it is falling here. I was so sure we would have rain by now. TEITS is certainly right in that the front has taken more of an easterly track and maybe just maybe it might stall a little further south.

So far so good. Temp 0.8 Dew -0.4

Posted

Have to say im not very happy how the E flank is weakening.

I hope this isn't the signs of the front tilting so much of the precip heads NW!

Might pop to bed for a few hrs and see what happens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: sun and snow
Have to say im not very happy how the E flank is weakening.

I hope this isn't the signs of the front tilting so much of the precip heads NW!

Might pop to bed for a few hrs and see what happens.

Hi Teits

I'm travelling from Swansea to Brynmawr (top of the heads of the valleys road) in S Wales in approx 1hr, what's your thoughts on snow there? Sorry it's wrong thread but you've helped me home a few times before.

Cheers

Simon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave
Warnings now upgraded to areas who were intially out of the risk zone.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Not surprising considering the reports/radar.

Just want to add that im not knocking the Met O but puzzled at the updates around 22.39 when the radar suggested otherwise.

Don't forget the risk of snow returns tomorrow night into Friday.

Whats it like in peterborough now ?

Woke girl friend and we just went outside and took pics, still chucking it down must have had at least 3 inches now

I remember over 10 years ago looking at houses in Peterborough but one of my considerations was it was so flat wouldn't get much snow. Told the estate agent that and he thought i was joking

I scored houses by their look and height no joke , my house in Hemel where i use to live was 135m , who could tell you how high their house was apart from on here :p

Edited by stewfox

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Completely hammering down here now with snow, got 2 inches if not nearly 3 inches lying on the ground again, loads more to come looking at latest radar :p

Posted
Cannot believe how heavily it is falling here. I was so sure we would have rain by now. TEITS is certainly right in that the front has taken more of an easterly track and maybe just maybe it might stall a little further south.

So far so good. Temp 0.8 Dew -0.4

I think now this has to be the heaviest snowfall I have ever expereinced (def over a 3hr period)

To keep the girl friend up its has to be

Snowing very heavy again now

whats the forcast for it to turn to rain by morning ?

I assume that boundary rain/snow is now further south ?

Anyone from hants still up whats it doing down there ?

temp -0.5c

Completely hammering down here now with snow, got 2 inches if not nearly 3 inches lying on the ground again, loads more to come looking at latest radar :p

Looks like my 42 mins is Sunk-

00z is a good upgrade or the SE in the 36/42 hour range-

Things just keep on getting better-

Snow beginning o look a little beleagered here- but hopefully more soon-

If you have snow hope it keeps up

SMILE!

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted

Something i've just noticed. not sure if it's my imagination because it's late. Look carefully at the N/NNE direction of the precipitation and how it appears to be rotating in a slightly westerly direction, then compare that to the last few infer red sat photo's and it looks to me like a secondary low pressure forming in the SE near london. This might explain why the snowfall is so heavy and why it's not turning to rain. The drop in barometric pressure bring colder air down from higher elevation and cold moisture rich air being pull into it from a NE direction coming from the north sea. :p

Posted

mixture of snow and rain but very heavy and steadily turning more to the snow side. Is Settling

Edited by biddie

Posted
Something i've just noticed. not sure if it's my imagination because it's late. Look carefully at the N/NNE direction of the precipitation and how it appears to be rotating in a slightly westerly direction, then compare that to the last few infer red sat photo's and it looks to me like a secondary low pressure forming in the SE near london. This might explain why the snowfall is so heavy and why it's not turning to rain. The drop in barometric pressure bring colder air down from higher elevation and cold moisture rich air being pull into it from a NE direction coming from the north sea. :blink:

I have no sign of rain/sleet at all yet

Still very heavy snow about 3/4 inches last 3hrs. wet heavy snow of course, great for snowmen building

Temp -0.5c

I wasnt expecting just a snow event thought the snow would be further north

Just goes to show , snow forcasting is often look out of the window

mixture of snow and rain but very heavy and steadily turning more to the snow side. Is Settling

your only 30 miles to my East whats your temp over there

Assume you have had a lot of snow that has settled

Posted
Looks like my 42 mins is Sunk- 00z is a good

upgrade or the SE in the 36/42 hour range- Things just keep on getting better-

Snow beginning o look a little beleagered here- but hopefully more soon- If you

have snow hope it keeps up SMILE! S

you at work steve? it still wet here in C London, glad in a way its not snow, dont want to be stuck here at work and not get home this morning.

Posted

Thats it now we officially have very heavy snow on top of ice now !! better be careful out and about tomorrow. BBC think snow will intensify again here on Friday. I was suspicious about tonight as we were on the edge of the band but appears to have moved further east !

Posted

Well I had to get out of bed as heavy snow is now falling and I have a covering.