Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

wet snow starting to get a bit heavier now. melting instantly on impact though. we still have a good covering of snow on some cars/pavements, and a lot in the back garden (still about 2 inches). sadly it will melt very soon.

edit: some ice pellets falling too.

Posted

just looked outside, and there seems to be the odd flake mixed in to the ice rain. but more's the point- somebody hurried past all huddled up, looking mightily chilly. then i thought about how miserable it is out there, and what with the lying snow, got a cold wintry chill running up my spine.

in summary, what a fabulous winter febuary evening! brrrrrrr!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
I've acquired a Kent borders passport this year. I am in the sticks nr Rolvenden just south of Tenterden now :yahoo: .

Oh I know it, was going to move to Apledore years ago.

Posted

Its supposed to snow all night here,in cambridgeshire, according to tv forecasts, but i just cant see it can anyone ?

Looking at Friday into Saturdays event, I would say obviously a rain to sleet then snow event,

Probably Max 4-6 hours of back edge snowfall unless a wave develops along the front-

At this stage max trace-2cms -

Very hard to get accumulation when the ground is saturdated-

It may Change- but were are unlucky this time-

the most positive piece of news today was the 15 Day ECM ensembles-

S

Posted

Its supposed to snow all night here,in cambridgeshire, according to tv forecasts, but i just cant see it can anyone ?

sorry for the repeat.

Edited by fatyido

Posted

slowly but surely turning to sleet

Posted

freezing rain now. ice is forming on the cars. i give it another 10mins before it is officially rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal Extremes!

lightish sleety mix for the last 10 mins. :cray:

why can't these LPs move along the channel like in the old winter days! :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

still snowing here in walthm abbey

Posted

sorry for the repeat.

Forecasts have varied all day. I think its a case of far enough north but not far enough West for you im afraid. I would give you an hour of snow followed by an hour of sleet then rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Lol

Dry as a Bone here, Wonder if the Rain will divert around us and leave this dreadful Ice!

Paul S

**Come on Rain, you know you want to

LOL.....

Won't be long mate :wallbash:

YES

Seasons

Posted
I would imagine places like the The Devils Punchbowl and the Hogs Back have seen some snow at least for a while - but even here I doubt it has amounted to much. I know that area from many years ago, and it has its own micro climate sometimes. I have driven in rain/sleet from Guildford on the A3 and then hit snow and accumulations up at the Punch bowl. A drive of minutes up the hill there as you will know I'm sure :wallbash:

Yes, those places can be snow traps! I've heard many times that Hindhead/Devils Punchbowl has thick snow but with nothing nearby. I remember driving along the Hog's back once and there was thick snow on the ground, but by the time I got to Guildford, there was only just enough to cover the ground.

Posted

The radar is a mass of yellow and pink heading north towards me, and im just hoping i am in the zone of cold air, for it to dump its stuff, wishful thinking i know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

We got a light covering now here in Reading and still snowing.

Posted
The radar is a mass of yellow and pink heading north towards me, and im just hoping i am in the zone of cold air, for it to dump its stuff, wishful thinking i know

You'll get your snow mate just make the most of it! At least this isn't the only snow event of the winter! Plenty more opportunities in the next 5 days

Posted

Going to bed now, can't stay up any longer! I was hoping I might see something by now, but so far nothing! Temperature has been slowly

rising for the last few hours, currently 1.3c. Got a horrible feeling it's going to be rain. Anyway, I think there might be a few more surprises

to look forward to in February, so if it's rain so be it, let's move onto the next event! Night all :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

The temperature is hovering at -1C here in SW Suffolk. This can only bode well for the heavy prolonged snowfall in a few hours.

Quite an event for Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire!! :wallbash:

Seasons