Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hey I've just joined,

I live ouside portsmouth, I have a light covering of snow from a heavy burst of snow. temperature is 0.7c. Anymore snow on the way?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails
There's an amazing orange glow to the SW of here.

It's coming...

The rain that is...

Me and OH just gone and stood in the garden as the sky has gone a lot brighter (orangey) esp looking towards London, nothing coming down though but it feels colder than when I came in from work a few hours ago.

Posted
Hey I've just joined,

I live ouside portsmouth, I have a light covering of snow from a heavy burst of snow. temperature is 0.7c. Anymore snow on the way?

welcome..

No!!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
woooooooooooooooooooooooo, much heavier now, yummy!

Where are you in Kent btw?

I've acquired a Kent borders passport this year. I am in the sticks nr Rolvenden just south of Tenterden now :wallbash: .

Posted
Hey I've just joined, I live ouside portsmouth, I have a light covering of snow from a heavy burst of snow. temperature is 0.7c. Anymore snow on the way? Thanks :wallbash:
welcome to NW Snowmania, hope you enjoy the site :unsure:

still light snow here in c London, not got chance to get outside yet

Posted
welcome..

No!!

Haha, I knew it would last long, many websites said no snow for southern coastal counties of England, but i've had some. So I would expect it to get washed away then!

O well :wallbash:

Posted

its sleet/rain now.... oh well gotto admit it was great.. plus the rain and thaw will get rid of this dangerous ice thats still on the pavements. And i can now go back to my warcraft...

Right... whos up for the storms??

Posted

damn noisy sleet here- it's making one hell of a racket on the skylight, and i'm trying to watch the football.

roll on fri/sat...

Posted

Still sleety here ATM. Reckon places like Camberley about 10 miles away may see an inch or two before it turns to rain as that area is a little higher than here and often sees a few inches of snow when Woking only gets rain or a dusting. That would also tie in with the MO's warning extension to Hampshire.

Posted
its sleet/rain now.... oh well gotto admit it was great.. plus the rain and thaw will get rid of this dangerous ice thats still on the pavements. And i can now go back to my warcraft...

Right... whos up for the storms??

I think February might still have a few more surprises for us!

Posted

42 Mins & its ice pellets & slop here

Can I go to the top of the leaderboard -!!!1

S

Your officialy 1st! Just starting to see flurries here in Stevenage so will start the clock. What are views on Fri Steve as this seems to upgrading at the moment?

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Blimey, its like a blizzard of Ice pellet things, tryed to grab some...........think they might be graupel! :D

BTW.........Are they a good or a bad sign, usually get them when it warms up I think.

Edited by snowray

Posted
Your officialy 1st! Just starting to see flurries here in Stevenage so will start the clock. What are views on Fri as this seems to upgrading at the moment?
Edited by Tim Bland

Posted
Your officialy 1st! Just starting to see flurries here in Stevenage so will start the clock. What are views on Fri Steve as this seems to upgrading at the moment?

hi mate, send it 25 miles north up the A1. Im in St.Neots, and hoping for a dumping, but think i'll be better off going to bed..!!

Posted

sleety mix now

Posted
hi mate, send it 25 miles north up the A1. Im in St.Neots, and hoping for a dumping, but think i'll be better off going to bed..!!

Should be with you in 20 mins! No sign of sleet just light flurries at the mo. Think Fri will be better for us

Posted

Must be almost time to open the blinds and start staring at that blasted lamp post again.

I think i need help.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
Still sleety here ATM. Reckon places like Camberley about 10 miles away may see an inch or two before it turns to rain as that area is a little higher than here and often sees a few inches of snow when Woking only gets rain or a dusting. That would also tie in with the MO's warning extension to Hampshire.

I would imagine places like the The Devils Punchbowl and the Hogs Back have seen some snow at least for a while - but even here I doubt it has amounted to much. I know that area from many years ago, and it has its own micro climate sometimes. I have driven in rain/sleet from Guildford on the A3 and then hit snow and accumulations up at the Punch bowl. A drive of minutes up the hill there as you will know I'm sure :D

Posted
I think February might still have a few more surprises for us!

well id be suprised if i get an event like that again this year.. would love it tho, and il start looking at fridays forcast 12hrs away, some saying theres been an upgrade down here for us... wont look till thursday night.