If its below Zero then its will fall as sleet & snow-

thats a good start-

Then go from there-

S

Steve

Thoughts on Friday into Saturday event - Pweety Please

Paul S

Guest North Sea Snow Convection
oh dear dewpoint just shot up from -1.1C to -0.6C!!

Don't expect too much. :) If you see some wintriness it won't last. But some sleet and a little wet snow is quite likely for you. A little of that at least here on the Northiam/Rolvenden territories.

Posted

Ok.. whats going on.. forcast was and still is rain.. i look outside, its snowing.. temp 1c dewpoint still and has been most of day -2

even the net-weather radar is showing rain all over my area.. now snowing pretty heavly and settling on cars.

Edited by nanu

Posted

I thought off this for a little while now. And my thoughts are going exactley to plan for now i would draw a ling off 50 miles from coastal areas to see sleet and rain and home counties like surrey and with those with still a fair bit off snow lyeing to see snow. :) currentley light snow falling and sticking on cars ect. so that bodes well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW

Waiting here in Reading Berkshire, what are the chances of us getting some?

Steve

Thoughts on Friday into Saturday event - Pweety Please

Paul S

Light snow in Bexleyheath- :unsure:

I will have a look at Sat & get back to you in a min-

NW 1100 pm radar looks promising if it stays as snow- some green Echoes appearing to the Sw of me- Im guessing somewhere down towards Crawley- developing as well......

S

Edited by Steve Murr

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Milton Keynes now in the MET's area for heavy snowfall overnight and tommorrow morning. No mention of it turning to sleet/rain. This is awesome, the front is atleast 75-100miles further to east than the models were predicting. Heres hoping the cold can hold out and keep it all falling as snow now. :unsure:

Posted
Lol

That wasnt a bad call :lol: :unsure:

Latest BBC (UKMO Data) Going against the GFS For Friday, as John says Wet Snow and maybe accumalations over the Downs etc with Elevation other than that a Grundgy day.

Gavin I totally disagree with you on tonights prospects Mate, I would love for it to be Snow but with the Reports and Obs now coming in from Sussex and Kent of Rain and rapidly rising Dewpoints It really might not even be Transitionary Snow this far east, the places that will do well are much further North and West.

Bed, Bucks,Berks, Oxon etc etc

Paul S

i take it luton ciuld do well then? :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny
Light snow has now turned almost totally to rain here now!

if people in surrey are starting to see snow turn to rain, then that explains it. warm air must be moving in behind fairly rapidly. damn it! someone tell me im wrong, please...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW SNOW SNOW
better look out window snowing in reading

Yep you are right very light snow flurries!

Posted
i take it luton ciuld do well then? :unsure:

Aye i think luton could do very well outta this, your another 100m above sea level than milton keynes i think being more ontop of the chilterns. Wouldn't like to say how london luton airports gonna fair. can invisage major disruption and cancellations coming up again :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

waiting in antisipation here, fingers crossed and everything else

Posted
if people in surrey are starting to see snow turn to rain, then that explains it. warm air must be moving in behind fairly rapidly. damn it! someone tell me im wrong, please...

or it's falling as snow in the heavier bursts? we've only had the equivalent of drizzle and it's rain here with a subzero dewpoint. :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Its snowing!!!!!!! :rolleyes::D:D

Posted
What started as snow here has turned to heavy slush/icy rain :rolleyes: , its currently 0.8c not sure of the dewpoint.

Yes well thats the only problem with snow, the inevitable trauma when it gets washed away. Its always easier when the snow just disappears slowly with the sun rather than horrid rain! Maybe I should do my next research project on the psychological impact of melting snow! :D

Posted

Well I am amazed the transitionary Snow in parts of Surrey are already turning back to Rain so quickly tbh. Thought you guys would get at least a few hours of Snow then RAIN RAIN RAIN! :rolleyes: Seeing as you are much further West.

Ho Hum

Paul S

Posted

From what I can tell, the southern CF draped over France during the 18Z UKMO analysis is moving as expected, maybe a bit east of original forecasts, but I don't see the stationary front currently over ROI and Scotland moving at all...I guess the consensus is that the CF behind that stationary will press it south into the southern system? Can anyone confirm? I would have thought that there would be some motion in this norther stationary front by now, however...thoughts?