Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted
You mentioned it the other day on here, oh and the fact I live next door to you! :D

oh yeh i remember mentioning it on here now, you're not lucky enough to live next to me:)

wow three members from Maidstone tonight -we must be eager! :lol:

I can't bear to look at the dewpoints, they are rising so fast! -1.2C now :D

yeh definately rain now :( i was hoping we might see an hour or so of snow

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Well it has just, very promptly and suddenly , started raining here :D :lol:

Temp in the last half hour has shot up and noticeable that a couple of patches of snow on my back patio (out of the daytime sun) have suddenly disappeared after remaining all day.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
Well it has just, very promptly and suddenly , started raining here :lol: :D

Temp in the last half hour has shot up and noticeable that a couple of patches of snow on my back patio (out of the daytime sun) have suddenly disappeared after remaining all day.

oh dear not good news :( do you have a dewpoint for your location? :D

oh dear not good news :D do you have a dewpoint for your location? :lol:

Up - that is all I need to say!

Posted
Well it has just, very promptly and suddenly , started raining here :( :lol:

Dont think you need to worry about that Tamara, I take it you have seen the GFS Tonight (Snow Event for Friday Upgraded into Early doors Saturday), and the 12z ECM Ensembles, 10 days from now and we could start to see something even more Severe than what we have just seen.

GP's thoughts on a Severe 2nd Half of Febraury could be coming true.

Paul S

Posted
BBC1 news just showed the Gritting live from Dorset...............SNOWING HEAVILY down there right now!! :(

Haha, all snow on the News tonight, stowing very heavily in Iran as well! Was thinking wheres that? London?? :D

Was Teiran :lol:

was wiltshire !!

Dont think you need to worry about that Tamara, I take it you have seen the GFS Tonight (Snow Event for Friday Upgraded into Early doors Saturday), and the 12z ECM Ensembles, 10 days from now and we could start to see something even more Severe than what we have just seen.

GP's thoughts on a Severe 2nd Half of Febraury could be coming true.

Paul S

Hi Paul

No, I understand. :(

I just wanted my IMBY snow to have a chance to be greeted by some new friends before Mr horrible rain washed them away :lol:

I think things look fantastic ahead - it just seems somehow alien to see rain falling after the dry powder snow and freezing cold of barely 48 hours ago. And this evening the temp and dewpoints had been low and I was just hoping to see a little snow before the 'eugh' arrived :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

just seen bbc london forcast, wet snow that dosent settle too well for friday

Posted

London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

W Berkshire

Windsor + Maidenhead

Outbreaks of snow, heavy at times, are likely during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations in places. Between 2 and 5 cm are expected and up to 10 cm is possible locally.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2227 Wed 4 Feb

Just appeared on the Met Office site!!

Posted

Just started to .........................rain! :D Although it does sound a bit tinny (do you like my technical term?! :( )

Oh well never mind, at least the pavements will be easier to walk on! :lol:

Posted
London & South East England:

Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

W Berkshire

Windsor + Maidenhead

Outbreaks of snow, heavy at times, are likely during Wednesday night and into Thursday morning, giving significant accumulations in places. Between 2 and 5 cm are expected and up to 10 cm is possible locally.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Just appeared on the Met Office site!!

cant see that happening?? :( my temp is going up and up and up....would be nice though :lol:

Posted

London & South East England: Buckinghamshire

Milton Keynes

Oxfordshire

W Berkshire

Windsor + Maidenhead

Heavy Snow 0300 Thu 5 0900 Thu 5

sorry, just seen others have posted the warning already.

i think some people may still be suprised in the early hours. and as Paul S says, there is still the weekend to get through

Edited by MAF

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
it will quickly turn to rain washing the snow away no need to be concerned milder air is spreading up with the rain!

I'm affraid your wrong clark3r, get ready for snow, not rain. Upgrades on this one......................everything is sitting just perfect north of the M4. Although like I said earlier on, many southern areas will see a spell of snow. The GFS snow prediction chart has got this horribly wrong!! :o You only have to look at the latest surface pressure plots along with the low temperature's to see that the snow will be more widspread and more southeast! :o

Guys

If you are of a Nervous Disposition DO NOT Look at the 18z Pub Run for East Anglia, C Southern England and Us for All of Friday into Saturday :)

**In fact would like Steve's Thoughts on it come to think of it**

Looks fantastic doesn't it paul!!! :D A memorable week........ :o

Seirra 15 ~ Over and out :)

Seasons

Seasons

Edited by Seasons

Posted
Got a few flakes now falling here in surrey dew -1 aswell and they are settling. :o

Yep, snowing here in Woking! :o

Posted
:o

Dry here, dew -1.1C! :o

Blimey calm down. You'll give yourself a heart attack! :)

Nice to see, but I fear still transitory.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
yeah heavy very wet snow, not the settling type

What I saw was big fluffy flakes and was settling on the people, the ground, everywhere. :o

Posted

Just to keep 'The east and S.E.' up to date. absolutely chucking it down with snow, here in north bristol. Only been snowing 15 mins and already everything's white.

And what a change in emphasis on the BBC weather, just now after the main news. BTL is the main area to be hit tonite. Don't you just love the unpredictable nature of the British weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Just in from work, this time last night I had to scrap the car off before I could drive home, tonight, parked in same spot, didnt have to, feels warmer and temp outside here in bas showing as 2.5degrees. Still got my snow lanterns intact and quite a lot of snow on the ground, infact my kids school, where it had been closed and the fact they didnt let them on it today, still looks really lovely, how I want to climb the fence and run around like a loon all over it lol.

My front window, facing south, actually suggests a slush puppy consistency - but it is on the Telford (rain) side of sleet and that is about as good as it is going to get. Until Friday!

Good to hear that regions out west and north of the low (are seeing snow. Good luck to you! :D

Posted
Hi Mick

Yeah we still have about 1cm on the grass and Horrible Horrible Ice all over the Pavements, Snowmen are all doing fine and still have the Carrots in the Heads :D In terms of Dewpoints all looking favourable for a Transitionary period of Snow more to the North and West of our region, turning readily back to Sleet and Rain by dawn, If you get up really early say 5-6am you "Might" just still see a Covering of Wet Snow (The heavy hanging Kind on the Trees) A Grim day in the South East tomorrow, Cold and Raw and Drizzly before maybe a few bright periods before Dusk.

Hope some do well, If I was going to pick out a few Regions then it would be Bucks, Beds, Oxons and Tiets House to name but 4

Paul S

Lol

That wasnt a bad call :D:D

Latest BBC (UKMO Data) Going against the GFS For Friday, as John says Wet Snow and maybe accumalations over the Downs etc with Elevation other than that a Grundgy day.

Gavin I totally disagree with you on tonights prospects Mate, I would love for it to be Snow but with the Reports and Obs now coming in from Sussex and Kent of Rain and rapidly rising Dewpoints It really might not even be Transitionary Snow this far east, the places that will do well are much further North and West.

Bed, Bucks,Berks, Oxon etc etc

Paul S