Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

Hopefully if the precip gets this far it will stay as snow. Temp -0.5 dewpoint -5.9

I think Paul should add a praying smilie. :D

Posted
Is that good? (For us as opposed to them?!) :doh:

Well it was supposed to be solely Rain on the Dorset Coast with no transitionary Snow-Rain scenario, so I would assume this is better further along the line (Eg Areas further North and East) What is helping us at the moment are the ESE Winds bringing in the Very Low Dewpoints (Cold dry Air) but as Maidstone says once the Cloud pushes up from the South the Moister Air will rapidly raise those Dewpoints making it marginal for Snowfall and this is why we look like only seeing a few hours of Snow to Rain

Paul S

Posted

Funny, reports coming in from Dorset coast of 50p snowflakes and the radar is showing rain....

FC

Posted

Snow still lying down here, Infact in Braintree theres still a good few inches of the stuff! Paths and Roads round the housing estates are lethal though :doh: Saw 4 gritters in 5 minutes on the A12 around 7pm, they all had the plows attached still and by the amount of grit they were laying you would think they were expecting feet of snow as opposed to the rain forcast.

Up at 6 again for work so will wait and see what we get, fully expecting rain, and judging by the radar it will be rather heavy rain! B)

Matt B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
Funny, reports coming in from Dorset coast of 50p snowflakes and the radar is showing rain....

FC

happy days, there will definately be some lampost watching tonight :doh:

Posted
Well it was supposed to be solely Rain on the Dorset Coast with no transitionary Snow-Rain scenario, so I would assume this is better further along the line (Eg Areas further North and East) What is helping us at the moment are the ESE Winds bringing in the Very Low Dewpoints (Cold dry Air) but as Maidstone says once the Cloud pushes up from the South the Moister Air will rapidly raise those Dewpoints making it marginal for Snowfall and this is why we look like only seeing a few hours of Snow to Rain

Paul S

Thanks so much for the helpful reply. So hard to follow this sometimes when you're a newbie but I've learnt so much from you all in the last few days so thanks for that!! :doh:

Posted

South West England:

Devon

Dorset

Somerset

Heavy snow is likely to lead to temporary accumulations this evening before turning back to rain around midnight. Between 3 to 6 cm is expected in places.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 2013 Wed 4 Feb

Posted

Guys

If you are of a Nervous Disposition DO NOT Look at the 18z Pub Run for East Anglia, C Southern England and Us for All of Friday into Saturday :doh:

**In fact would like Steve's Thoughts on it come to think of it**

Posted

oh well, its a shame we are not going to see anything more exciting this week, oh well guess ive still got snowfall cover on the ground :D

Posted

This low still looks like it is pushing in a nne direction, I was expecting it to start swinging north then nnw

FC

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
Is that good? (For us as opposed to them?!) :D

BBC1 news just showed the Gritting live from Dorset...............SNOWING HEAVILY down there right now!! :D

Haha, all snow on the News tonight, stowing very heavily in Iran as well! Was thinking wheres that? London?? :o

Was Teiran :D

Edited by snowray

Posted
Guys

If you are of a Nervous Disposition DO NOT Look at the 18z Pub Run for East Anglia, C Southern England and Us for All of Friday into Saturday :D

**In fact would like Steve's Thoughts on it come to think of it**

Looks just great to me Paul. Could be quite a dumping.

I'm sure MR Murr will give us his input.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
bbc news showing heavy snow in Wiltshire

yeah heavy very wet snow, not the settling type

Posted
Oh dear, really climbing now as the cloud thickens, 0.7C and dewpoint -1.2C

Just covered up all my snow :D

hey, what part of maidstone you in?

Posted
oh well, its a shame we are not going to see anything more exciting this week, oh well guess ive still got snowfall cover on the ground :D

You will have to go back to work now rob, schools can't stay shut now its thawing :o

Posted
You will have to go back to work now rob, schools can't stay shut now its thawing :D

was back to work today, how do you know i work in a school?

Linton side :o

Precip already in Sussex - snow there yet? Can't be long now, maybe an hour. Hope the dewpoint hangs in there! :D

not too far from me then :D I'm on the shepway end near maidstone town centre

I work in Linton.

Posted
Guys If you are of a Nervous Disposition DO NOT Look at the 18z Pub Run for East Anglia, C Southern England and Us for All of Friday into Saturday :D **In fact would like Steve's Thoughts on it come to think of it**
hint hint nudge nudge Steve!

Posted
was back to work today, how do you know i work in a school?

You mentioned it the other day on here, oh and the fact I live next door to you! :D

Posted

Got to head for my bed now, wonder what I will be walking through on my way to the station tomorrow morning, lots of water probably.

Looks I am going to miss another weekend snow event and I could be driving back from SW France for the second week in a row, if the 18z is anywhere near right.

Enjoy the rest of the night....

FC