Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: London, Se England & E Anglia

Posted

LOL - light snow just started in Sutton 0.2c DP -1.4c

Snow is quite dry and falling slowly, but I fear it will get wetter quite soon, as the 850s are rising fast as the ppn approaches from the south.

Still, cant be too grumpy as the snow we have already had was great, with the prospects improving for some more!

SS

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Melted snow* falling here in Brighton.

*rain

Posted

Something is falling here now but it looks quite slushy in nature. Deffo not snowflakes but larger than usual raindrops

Dewp -1.1C

Might turn more wintry if dewp holds and the main precip heads in?

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.
was wiltshire !!

Yes it was :D Sorry folks.

Posted

Well I'm very happy that the Met Office have put out the early warning for Bucks etc but the radar is showing sleet now. Haven't had anything in Wycombe yet though.

Posted

These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours. If warnings have been issued, click on the region affected to see more detail.

London & South East England Heavy Snow 0300 Thu 5 0900 Thu 5

just found this on the METO site

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Well, there are now some wet snowflakes mixed in the rain!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms
These are issued when the Met Office has 80% or greater confidence that severe weather is expected in the next few hours. If warnings have been issued, click on the region affected to see more detail.

London & South East England Heavy Snow 0300 Thu 5 0900 Thu 5

just found this on the METO site

yeah we know, about 4 other people have told us lol

Posted

heavy sticking snow now starting to hit wimbledon sw london yippeee i had a funny feeling that it would snow and with temps and dews looking good at the moment i see no reason why this cant be a snow event in these neck off the woods still got 10cms left in places and these are helping the upper air temps aswell :):D

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Blizzard!!!!11

ooops sorry thought it was 1991 again :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!
Just in from work, this time last night I had to scrap the car off before I could drive home, tonight, parked in same spot, didnt have to, feels warmer and temp outside here in bas showing as 2.5degrees. Still got my snow lanterns intact and quite a lot of snow on the ground, infact my kids school, where it had been closed and the fact they didnt let them on it today, still looks really lovely, how I want to climb the fence and run around like a loon all over it lol.

:D

Lol

That wasnt a bad call :):)

Latest BBC (UKMO Data) Going against the GFS For Friday, as John says Wet Snow and maybe accumalations over the Downs etc with Elevation other than that a Grundgy day.

Gavin I totally disagree with you on tonights prospects Mate, I would love for it to be Snow but with the Reports and Obs now coming in from Sussex and Kent of Rain and rapidly rising Dewpoints It really might not even be Transitionary Snow this far east, the places that will do well are much further North and West.

Bed, Bucks,Berks, Oxon etc etc

Paul S

We will have to agree to disagree Paul. As I said earlier on, eastern parts of East Anglia and Kent will see rain, but west Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and especially Cambridgshire will do very well. Not long to wait now mate........ :)

Seasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just to let you know that it has started to rain quite heavily here in Brighton :)

My snowman's head fell off this evening and his eyes (sprouts) fell out - he will be nothing in the morning :D

But... on the bright side the models discussion posts look very exciting for the next few weeks - I will watch like a hawk :) even though I have veeeery limited knowledge of what they are talking about..!

I hope there is snow for the north of M4 :)

Posted

Nothing yet in shooter's hill...expecting someting any minute though!!!! :D

Posted
:)

We will have to agree to disagree Paul. As I said earlier on, eastern parts of East Anglia and Kent will see rain, but west Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and especially Cambridgshire will do very well. Not long to wait now mate........ :D

Seasons

Gavin

I have no doubt areas further North and West in our Region will see transitionary Snow but anything that falls will get washed away, surely you are not telling me that this will be an all Snow event with nothing turning to Rain even in your Location ??

Paul S

Posted

I've no weather station here so I cannot check dew points, but the sky has gone very orange over this bit of SE London, not sure what is going to fall, but nothing at the moment

Cheers

FC

PS should have been in bed ages ago....

Edited by frozencanals

Posted
Just to let you know that it has started to rain quite heavily here in Brighton :)

My snowman's head fell off this evening and his eyes (sprouts) fell out - he will be nothing in the morning :)

But... on the bright side the models discussion posts look very exciting for the next few weeks - I will watch like a hawk :D even though I have veeeery limited knowledge of what they are talking about..!

I hope there is snow for the north of M4 :)

Very cold and pink sky in Ealing, west London. Feels like snow on its way I must admit.

Posted

MET OFFICE HAS JUST UPGRADED AND INCLUDED CAMBRIDGESHIRE WARNING OF HEAVY SNOW LATER TONIGHT, AS IT HAS SHIFTED SLIGHTLY MORE EASTWARDS THAN FIRST THOUGHT. GET IN....!!! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
any reports on whats in falling as in east sussex??

Hi.. In Brighton, East Sussex it started to rain quite heavily about 10 mins ago. Definately rain - the really really cold sharp type that you wouldn't want to be out in..! :)

Posted

If SOuthampton can get front and back edge snow I'm sure we can scrape something out. Though am failing to see how, it's raining lightly at the mo. Maybe when the heavy stuff gets here we'll see something but dewpoint is -0.6C