Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted
Yeah lots of snow last nite, a good 2 maybe 3 inches in places round my house.

Im not sure where these news channels and local radio ar egetting their information but they say more is on the way this evening... I cant see it myself?

yes It's brilliant Iv'e been out savouring it and enjoying it with some freinds all morning a good 5-6inches in the fields behind, and dozens of snowmen taking shape.

Had heavy snow about an hour ago now back to light,just nice to see smiles on peoples faces akin to 91 it was

we might get some more snow early afternoon according too bbci

Posted
Seems to be pushing up from the English channel looking good for areas south of Bristol. Bristol very much borderline.

Nice pics skidders. I'm just across the Frome valley from you in Winterbourne (Watleys End)

I'm in Downend....hi chaps! :)

Posted
yes It's brilliant Iv'e been out savouring it and enjoying it with some freinds all morning a good 5-6inches in the fields behind, and dozens of snowmen taking shape.

Had heavy snow about an hour ago now back to light,just nice to see smiles on peoples faces akin to 91 it was

we might get some more snow early afternoon according too bbci

in showers Smarty..............are you tired mate............i have only had 3 hrs sleep

Posted
I'm in Downend....hi chaps! :lol:

Hi noggin. Looking great in our part of the world today, isn't it?! :)

Posted
Nice pics. Do you think we're going to get any more snowfalling in the near future, as in this afternoon.

Doesn't look like it on the radar right now. I'm just hoping the sun doesn't come out and start melting it yet. If we did get some more tonight it would be great on top of this!!

Seems to be pushing up from the English channel looking good for areas south of Bristol. Bristol very much borderline.

Nice pics skidders. I'm just across the Frome valley from you in Winterbourne (Watleys End)

I'm in Downend....hi chaps! :)

We so often miss the snow here in Bristol. Just shows that it can happen. My kids were gutted this morning as they listened to all the school closures and found that theirs was still open!!

Posted
Hi noggin. Looking great in our part of the world today, isn't it?! :)

Oh, yes! I have been for a walk over to our playing fields and there are so many people out having a great time. Lots of snowmen, giant snowballs, toboggans.........that's what it's all about, getting out and enjoying it. I don't like hearing people complain about the snow........I was up at 5.30am clearing my car and making a very steady drive to work. At that time, even the Badminton Road was slushy and that's an A road!

I hope we get TONS more! :) :lol:

Posted
Oh, yes! I have been for a walk over to our playing fields and there are so many people out having a great time. Lots of snowmen, giant snowballs, toboggans.........that's what it's all about, getting out and enjoying it. I don't like hearing people complain about the snow........I was up at 5.30am clearing my car and making a very steady drive to work. At that time, even the Badminton Road was slushy and that's an A road!

I hope we get TONS more! :):)

Right. Going out to make a snowman. I'm nearly 40 years old lol but this is bringing back memories of the 70's :lol:

Posted
in showers Smarty..............are you tired mate............i have only had 3 hrs sleep

I know signed of at 3am and watched the snowfall for a solid 3hours, I've had only 3 hrs sleep like you but it was worth doing the late shift. :lazy:

Gonna take a walk around tewkesbury abbey later with the dog, it would be cleeve hill but sounds like it's cut off, how much snow is up there?

Posted

Part of me wants to say that we'll be talking about Feb 09 for years to come, but then I think "hang on, what if next year is even better?"! :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Neally 5 hours of moderate periods of snow here now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still have no more snow here...thought there was some heading this way. Only the odd flurry currently. :lazy:

Dogs...where is it! :D:)

Posted

Schools closing in Carmarthenshire. Snowing here since early this morning.

Locally worse, more accumulation on higher ground but generally sticking easily.

Just under -2 Deg C. Light snow / Graupel in lighter parts. Some more heavier bts heading up.

Are there showers developing over the sea to here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

yay I now have 3inches of slush on the road... lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
Marcus surfer, where abouts are you in Swansea - I'm in Sw Valley and having very little?

Right on the south coast, but on the highest area, Tycoch, townhill area. The southwest coast seems to be getting hit badly e.g. Llangennith

Posted

ok looking a little ahead towards Monday.

looks promising at this time for a repeat performance. Its a very similar setup may be a little better but its a long way off at this time and as we all know there will be changes.

Both GFS and UKMO are very similar in this timescale and so that is encouraging.

post-5585-1233835070_thumb.png Ok this is the fax chart and the 528 dam is over southwales, last night it was over midwales

The 850s on GFS are again like last night Marginal

post-5585-1233835086_thumb.png

Moving towards tuesday and The *850s improve as the low moves thru, Notice the minus 5 coming down into our regions, also the precipitation charts look interesting.

post-5585-1233835108_thumb.pngpost-5585-1233835118_thumb.png

To be honest its got a lot of time to move and probably will but which way, upgrade or downgrade? something to watch and keep an eye on i think.

The front effecting as far as possibly Bristol tonight could also have potential to drift a little further north west clipping east wales but as the met office are not seeing that i think it probably will not. Looking at the charts this morning i thought the forecast would change in our favour ( Bristol - southeast wales) but as they havent changed forecst i think i missed something and read too much into it.

Enjoy the snow

Posted
ok looking a little ahead towards Monday.

looks promising at this time for a repeat performance. Its a very similar setup may be a little better but its a long way off at this time and as we all know there will be changes.

Both GFS and UKMO are very similar in this timescale and so that is encouraging.

post-5585-1233835070_thumb.png Ok this is the fax chart and the 528 dam is over southwales, last night it was over midwales

The 850s on GFS are again like last night Marginal

post-5585-1233835086_thumb.png

Moving towards tuesday and The *850s improve as the low moves thru, Notice the minus 5 coming down into our regions, also the precipitation charts look interesting.

post-5585-1233835108_thumb.pngpost-5585-1233835118_thumb.png

To be honest its got a lot of time to move and probably will but which way, upgrade or downgrade? something to watch and keep an eye on i think.

The front effecting as far as possibly Bristol tonight could also have potential to drift a little further north west clipping east wales but as the met office are not seeing that i think it probably will not. Looking at the charts this morning i thought the forecast would change in our favour ( Bristol - southeast wales) but as they havent changed forecst i think i missed something and read too much into it.

Enjoy the snow

Not Monday again - 3 in a row!!!! BBC have Gloucester forecast for Heavy Snow on Monday but we know not to trust their lottery of symbols!