Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

J10

Posted

Is it just me, or does the area of snow moving north over wales seems to be getting more intense?

Posted

from the local paper

Weather experts are warning the Wiltshire has not seen the last of the snowy weather.

A spokesman for the Met Office in the South West said that the weather is likely to stay wintry for the next few days and certainly over the weekend.

He said: "Rain, sleet or snow will move up from the south towards evening and turn to snow as temperatures drop.

"There will be snow tomorrow until mid-morning when it will fizzle out westward. We are expecting up to 10cms of fresh now, perhaps as much as 15 to 20cms on Salisbury Plain.

"The weekend stays cold. Saturday will be a fine day for the county. Daytime temperatures will be just above freezing but at night they will drop to minus five or six, or even lower locally.

"Sunday starts off fine, but rain, sleet or snow will move in later. It will be quite wintry into the new working week."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Hello All.

i am new to netweather and i thought i would share some of my pictures of this weeks snow fall . :rolleyes:

regards thunder butt

Welcome to Netweather.

Great photos there :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc
Hello All.

i am new to netweather and i thought i would share some of my pictures of this weeks snow fall . :rolleyes:

regards thunder butt

Nice photos, welcome to the madhouse. Oh, your name made me smile for the first time since the snow started thawing!

Keeping an eye on later, temps set to drop as cold sinks from north, snow risk charts are more snow for here, and the precip chart shows a band of wet over northern France coming to the South as predicted but seems more to the west than forecasts suggest to me..

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
Hello All.

regards thunder butt

Great pics you have there!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
heavy snow tonight for the south,,BBC weather

Which part of the South?

Posted
heavy snow tonight for the south,,BBC weather

Waiting to see if bbc move more towards southeast wales tonight, that can only be good for youtoo as would mean it moved further north earlier so would almost defo hit you too.

it really seemed to have moved a little quicker north than first predicted but will have to wait and see as perhaps they expected it and took it into account.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well at least we haven't got sunshine today to melt all the snow. The roads are now completely clear but elsewhere the winter wonderland scene continues. Let's hope there is more snow tomorrow.

Posted
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Here we go again....early warning of heavy snow for the South West tomorrow. :D:D :lol:

I'm lovin' it. :rolleyes:

Looking very good for you now and yes they have issued advisory which includes south east Wales too now

A defo upgrade and should help those east of wales

Posted
Waiting to see if bbc move more towards southeast wales tonight, that can only be good for youtoo as would mean it moved further north earlier so would almost defo hit you too.

it really seemed to have moved a little quicker north than first predicted but will have to wait and see as perhaps they expected it and took it into account.

At present WEATHER guy said very heavy snow for all southern counties........up to the M4......BUT AS WE KNOW IT MIGHT CHANGE AND COME FURTHER NORTH

Looking very good for you now and yes they have issued advisory which includes south east Wales too now

A defo upgrade and should help those east of wales

WOW JUST SAW THE MET,,,,,,,,,,,,this must be the latest,,,,,,,HERE WE GO AGAIN :rolleyes:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
At present WEATHER guy said very heavy snow for all southern counties........up to the M4......BUT AS WE KNOW IT MIGHT CHANGE AND COME FURTHER NORTH

WOW JUST SAW THE MET,,,,,,,,,,,,this must be the latest,,,,,,,HERE WE GO AGAIN :lol:

What time tomorrow is the snow supposed to arrive?

Posted

i THINK THERE ARE two waiting in line for the UK.......they have changed the forecast for the latest to move more North than first thought.....South is guaranteed for more snow..............

weather guy said expect more snow here today

outh West England:

60% Gloucestershire

60% Swindon

60% Wiltshire

Heavy Snow 0200 Fri 6 1500 Fri 6

There is a high risk of a severe weather event affecting parts of southern and eastern England on Friday. Periods of snow will be heavy at times and will give accumulations of 5 to 10 cm over large areas and locally 15 to 20 cm over high ground. This is likely to cause disruption to travel.

Issued at: 1141 Thu 5 Feb

Edited by dogs32

Posted

WOW JUST SAW THE MET,,,,,,,,,,,,this must be the latest,,,,,,,HERE WE GO AGAIN :o

I'll pass on tomorrow's snow thanks...off to the south coast for a long weekend break tom! Doh!

You wait nearly 15 years for a decent few days of snow and some berk books a long weekend on the English Riviera :lol:

Posted
What time tomorrow is the snow supposed to arrive?

See the link....2am until 3pm. :lol: I can't get enough of this, I really can't. :o

For so long, it's been the North and the East and the South East and now it's us! :lol:

Please excuse my hysteria, chaps. :lol:

Oh, hi, thunder butt! If you love snow, you've come to the right place. :o

Posted

WOW JUST SAW THE MET,,,,,,,,,,,,this must be the latest,,,,,,,HERE WE GO AGAIN :lol:

Yes it now looks like we have a further two more bites at the cherry tonight which I dont think will come too much.

But sunday night has potential to be a re-run,it is 3 days away so things are subject to change, I'm not gonna be greedy though :o

Posted
I'm not gonna be greedy though :o

Oh, go on, I am! :lol:

Posted

Bristle...your be snowed in down there mate.............Smarty up for another night shift :lol

Netweather is killing me...I havent slept much for nearly a week: :lol:

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I bet you tonights weather system has been forecast perfectly, unlike our event for today. Total rubbish.

Posted
See the link....2am until 3pm. :lol: I can't get enough of this, I really can't. :o

For so long, it's been the North and the East and the South East and now it's us! :lol:

Please excuse my hysteria, chaps. :lol:

Oh, hi, thunder butt! If you love snow, you've come to the right place. :o

Please let it come this far North and West. Yet another day of radar watching :o :lol: :lol:

These forecasts are so "down to the moment" If that main band had been a few more miles to the east last night we would have hardly got anything last night.