Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Midlands & C Southern England

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Pathetic isn't it really down S. I mean 2 inches of snow and all the schools are closed in the Vale of Evesham!!

Nearly 2 inches of fresh snow has fallen here and it's still snowing quite heavily - we've had over 20cm the whole of the week and very few schools have been closed in this area with the exception of a few primary schools and the odd secondary school on Monday.

The front is not really showing any signs of stalling and calls for it pivoting back S again look rather hopeful. Having said that, there is a good risk of some very heavy snow tonight over the S and E Midlands, although it could get sleety towards the E at lower levels.

Edited by Yeti

Posted
I wouldnt of thought it will move much further north, and even if it does it looks fairly weak.

I think it will, low still hasn't stalled just yet. Although as you said it only light pnn. Still enjoy it while it last people. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Pathetic isn't it really down S. I mean 2 inches of snow and all the schools are closed in the Vale of Evesham!!

Nearly 2 inches of fresh snow has fallen here and it's still snowing quite heavily - we've had over 20cm the whole of the week and very few schools have been closed in this area with the exception of a few primary schools and the odd secondary school on Monday.

The front is not really showing any signs of stalling and calls for it pivoting back S again look rather hopeful. Having said that, there is a good risk of some very heavy snow tonight over the S and E Midlands, although it could get sleety towards the E at lower levels.

Yes, I have to concede defeat on this damn band....It showed definite signs (at least to my eye) of it generating more, but the precip is all rather fragmented along the front now...There's an area of snow pushing slowly north through the Brecons that has caught my attention....It may just brush up against me.......Sadly tonights feature running up into southern England tonight looks too far south and east to affect the West Midlands....I will, however, keep my eye on the 12z run when it comes out, just in case they shunt it north & westwards, but dont hold out too much hope...Anyhoos, its been fun whilst it lasted....still the lightest of flurries here :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GREAT NEWS...the radar is lying at the moment for that precpitation around Gloucestershire/Worcestershire Border...

It currently says it is light and fragmented but Cheltenham and other areas of Glocestershire have Heavy Snow.

Dogs32 has just reported 1 Hour of Very Heavy Snow!

The radar was not accurate here either this morning. This was when we had Moderate Snow when it said we were dry!

Posted

For anyone in doubt about snow depths...

post-5260-1233831187_thumb.jpg

Still snowing nicely here now although I do want it to stall now. Sadly, it's just not going to happen. What we need is a continued NW-NNW movement to sustain things here although even this might change. A real pasting for some areas of the Midlands tonight - Leicester ( :lol: ), perhaps down to London.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
AJ how did you do with the snow mate

edit.lol..Blizzards I SEE your post above

about 4cm Pat......a nice covering, the girls have just built snowmen outside....lol.....Nice to see you're still getting a shot of the white stuff!

:lol:

Posted

Still snowing nicely here now although I do want it to stall now. Sadly, it's just not going to happen. What we need is a continued NW-NNW movement to sustain things here although even this might change. A real pasting for some areas of the Midlands tonight - Leicester ( :lol: ), perhaps down to London.

wow...mega.........anything for Glos tonight any idea.we need more B)

cheers AJ...4inch here...with a top up in the last hr...of about half cm

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Another area to watch will be Monday/Tuesday night - some significant snow on the Nern flank:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs1173.gif

That is subject to a lot of change at the moment though so too early to be getting excited anywhere.

Posted
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)
  • Location: Leicester City Centre (Home) Ashby-De-La-Zouch (Work)

It's good snow anyway - not like that powdery stuff we had on Monday.

Posted

Really?

Im in Walsall, North Birmingha, am I in line for it? B)

Posted

Unfortunately last nights heavy snowfall has melted in the rain with only a few large patches left! I see some forecasts are saying a bit of snow in the early hours and heavy snow tomorrow morning in Dorset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
We have snow falling here again now :lol:

Few flurries here too but you may have Heavy Snow when the radar says it being Light as dogs32 has happily had!

Posted
Really?

Im in Walsall, North Birmingha, am I in line for it? :)

Well this is as far NW as things get at the moment:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs213.gif

So you are at risk, and the actual track will probably be slightly different.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

temp is 0 here and dp -0.6 so I can see it turning to rain tbh...

Posted

Ok thankyou.

Its not anything like as much as weve had recently is it? Nobodys making much of it.

Posted

that looks rather good for this neck of the woods. This is totally at odds with the BBC this morning - they were saying Dorset, Surrey, Sussex, London. Interesting....i shall be watching this closely. Both 00z and 06z have had the precip further north and west.

Posted

Still snowing here. It's been fairly constant. Kids are sledging down the roads, a little dangerous I must say!

Just walked down to the shop, loads of people milling about. It's lovely! Can I expect more tonight then?