Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Well, that's my lot for now (not that it was much)

Am I going to wait up to see the snow arrive as the systems moves East? :lazy:

Posted

Been snowing here in south east wales for around 45mins now but although it looks heavyish its not sticking at the moment. It all looks a little too wet. If it got a tad heavier it may though :lazy:

You can get a good idea of where and how much it's snowing in different bits of somerset via the BBC's jamcams :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/travel/jamcams/

Some pretty dodgy driving conditions there!

Posted
I totally agree. For years I have been waiting for a good snow event, when it finally happens it doesn't want to stop! Getting a bit heavier but still not sticking.

yes its not stick able here at present...anyone know if temps are going to drop :crazy: ..before i drop of exhaustion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunder

Very heavy central Bristol...starting to settle on side roads and pavements :drunk:

Looks like another fun cycle to work tomorrow :crazy:

Edited by Jace

Posted
its rainin in devizes wiltshire... this is a let down

You are on the relatively warm side of the front at the moment. The front does seem to be slowing (anyone agree?) and it will stall and eventually slide back south-east, pulling the colder air back down from the north. So your sleet may yet turn back to snow later.

Snowing here heavily still. Amazing.

Posted

I'm left totally confused now, esp. after the national Beeb forecast with Darren Bett

I'm convinced it is a live broadcast - so he probably saw the charts & radar & other information no less than 20 mins before going on air...!

Meto released the Wales snow warning just after half 8 this evening....

You are on the relatively warm side of the front at the moment. The front does seem to be slowing (anyone agree?) and it will stall and eventually slide back south-east, pulling the colder air back down from the north. So your sleet may yet turn back to snow later.

YAY!

And wow, snow in Devon, again!

Posted
Well, that's my lot for now (not that it was much)

Am I going to wait up to see the snow arrive as the systems moves East? :crazy:

Ill be waiting up to, going to be a long night I feel :drunk:

Posted

Hmm! Me and the wife are driving to Torquay tom morn for a long weekend break. Hope it's cleared by then near Exeter!

Posted

Take a look at the taunton M5 206/7B camera. The police are stopping people going somewhere down that road.

Edited by cartedj

Posted

Chucking it down with snow now in Weston !

Trying its hardest to settle. Starting to pitch on the cars, but the paths and roads have puddles :drunk:

Please settle !! :crazy:

Posted
I'm left totally confused now, esp. after the national Beeb forecast with Darren Bett

I'm convinced it is a live broadcast - so he probably saw the charts & radar & other information no less than 20 mins before going on air...!

Meto released the Wales snow warning just after half 8 this evening....

Just mentioned SE Wales for snow on BBC24 weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes, inc Snow and Wind

Completely agree, I only have the met office radar, but if you look at the 2 last half hour intervals, it has not moved any further north. I execpt to see this now start to move ENE slowly through the night.

On a more personal note, I am concered temps may be a little marginal for me in Poole (Only 5 miles inland from the Dorset Coast).

Posted
Getting heavier and trying it's very best to settle.

Yes. Snowing heavier now in Stoke Gifford; at last, it's starting to settle. Guess temps have dropped a couple of degrees. Chelt/Glos posse - looking better now! :crazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The main event isnt even here yet and i have nearly a foot of laying snow on mendips already but alot of that is from last 2 snow events but my god it could be amazing in hour or so!

ill post pics later

Posted
Chucking it down with snow now in Weston !

Trying its hardest to settle. Starting to pitch on the cars, but the paths and roads have puddles :drunk:

Please settle !! :crazy:

Stopping them coming here i reckon...(just down the road from Taunton)

Posted
Take a look at the taunton M5 206/7B camera. The police are stopping people going somewhere down that road.

I would say from the direction it's pointing that the traffic coming out of Taunton is not being allowed onto the M5.

EDIT: Scratch that, yes they are. It looked like a gritter/snowplough just went up the slip road though.

Edited by Mark

Posted
I'm convinced it is a live broadcast -

No it's pre-recorded. I've watched a programme about them doing it. News 24 have just updated and changed things considerably: a line from north Devon up the M4 corridor incl Salisbury Plain across the Chilterns. To the south of that line mainly wintry mix, but then this will all slide away south-east with cold digging in behind.

Even heavier snow here now - astonishing sight. Dartmoor and Exmoor must be incredible. This is very heavy.