Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
got a temp of 2.4C and dew point of + 1C am sure that dew point cant be right, especially looking at the radar and reported dew points everywhere nearby lol

Oh ok, strange maybe mine is wrong B)

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
It feels to have got a lot colder in the last 1/2 hr but my thermometer is reading 3.1c B)

thank god for that the dewpoint as returned to 0 hopefully it will continue to fall along with the balmy bloody temperatures :o :o :)

i dont think that snow will reach us properly until well after dark..which could bare a dumping if that radar is right..

also that sleet line seems to be fading away too which could be good news, seems the bbc are expecting the wind to change to a more southerly direction later on pushing the snow northwards up over the northwest producing heavy and persistant snow for a while..

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

hmm, must be the way the Meto overlays the precip on the map. A error on the system must be pushing further East than it origionally is. Either way NW has it spot on as for where the true location of the precip is at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Very light......rain here atm! Temp 4c and DP of -1c acc to nw data. Not looking good here.

Posted
Very light......rain here atm! Temp 4c and DP of -1c acc to nw data. Not looking good here.

dry as a bone here..waiting for that heavy ppn to hit us..very strange how its producing snow on the coasts and 10-12 miles inland its dry and wall to wall cloud

Posted
dry as a bone here..waiting for that heavy ppn to hit us..very strange how its producing snow on the coasts and 10-12 miles inland its dry and wall to wall cloud

Stopped here on the coast now and I can see blue skies to my north over Liverpool.

Posted

No snowfall here. I can see this being another major let-down.

Whilst the rest of the country has and is expected to experience further widespread heavy snow events - when will we get our turn this winter if ever?

This winter has become a running joke for me and alo of people here in the north west.

Posted
No snowfall here. I can see this being another major let-down.

Whilst the rest of the country has and is expected to experience further widespread heavy snow events - when will we get our turn this winter if ever?

This winter has become a running joke for me and alo of people here in the north west.

indeed

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
hmm, must be the way the Meto overlays the precip on the map. A error on the system must be pushing further East than it origionally is. Either way NW has it spot on as for where the true location of the precip is at the moment.

They still look the same to me, if you look at the 1330 image and compare, perhaps it's the different scale colours which make it looks different.

Posted

Very unusual for here but even the lightest precipitation has been snow and normally in marginal situations all we see is rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

PPn a little heavier here, but still 3C

Posted

finally snowing christ how long did that take? small to medium sized flakes coming down hopefully that heavier stuff out there wont hit too soon, so that temps can cool down a lot more

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well i can see some nice ppn over the hills to the north of Rochdale but broken cloud above me and not a single flake ... oh wait I see a couple passing the window now :)

Rochdale is about to dissapear from my view by the looks of the snow showers up there.

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
Well i can see some nice ppn over the hills to the north of Rochdale but broken cloud above me and not a single flake ... oh wait I see a couple passing the window now :)

an even heavier band is going to come through in the next hour i would think, feels really cold outside contrary to the actual temperature lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Yeah few flakes here.

Posted

Quite weird here in Liverpool...snowing quite nicely, but flakes are all different sizes. No sleet though. Haven't seen such a varation in snowflake sizes from the same fall?

Posted

lol its probobally me now used to having 5 minute radar instead of waiting half a hour for the updates, anyway light bands now coming into the Peak District and on cue slight precip beginning to fall. Sadly the darker colours are seeming to want to stay the other side of Cheshire though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Sleet here but getting gradually 'flakier'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers
finally snowing christ how long did that take? small to medium sized flakes coming down hopefully that heavier stuff out there wont hit too soon, so that temps can cool down a lot more

Reports of snow on the Cumbrian Coast now so it looks like temperature isnt a problem and any precipitation will be of snow.

However, whether the precipitation reaches us at all remains to be seen.

Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Nice big flakes now occurring maybe they will settled later!

Posted
Quite weird here in Liverpool...snowing quite nicely, but flakes are all different sizes. No sleet though. Haven't seen such a varation in snowflake sizes from the same fall?

bbc weather now saying from north wales and merseyside to see periods of snow tonight with accumation

Posted

My worry is that if it does turn to proper snow it will be falling onto wet ground so won't settle, unless temps drop enough.