Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

We've had snow here for about an hour. It got quite heavy at times, but didn't stick, and it seems to be tailing off now.

Temperature has fallen from 4.1ºc to 1.8ºc.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Snowing here now and getting heavier. Settling on the cars and topping up existing couple of inches still lying from earlier in week.

Shadowfax

Edited by shadowfax

Posted

I'm very nearly in the North West, light snow now falling :shok: ..... I'm not bothered if we don't get much more snow now, we have had 1 foot.

Edited by disco-barry

Posted

Just as i was losing hope, Light snow starting to fall. Maybe its not all over just yet :shok:

Posted
Oh no i am deffo getting the feeling this has been a bit overhyped.

As james said we really could have done with this during the night or early morning.

I now expect it to change to rain though the evening.

Another let down beckons for the NW.

Whilst many people across the country will be taking about how this winter provided some major, significant snowfalls. For the majority of people here in the north-west it will be another winter of false hope, near misses and limited amounts of snowfall. How the hell parts of the south have experienced inches upon inches of the stuff and weve had next to nowt totally baffles me. This was our one hope - and we've been let down again.

Edited by Hot*Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
I'm very nearly in the North West, light snow now falling :shok: ..... I'm not bothered if we don't get much more snow now, we have had 1 foot.

I've got two feet, just no snow to put them in :)

Posted

Light snow here now, nothing out of the ordinary, and to be honest I aint expecting much now. Can't wait to watch the media reporting from around the country come Tuesday morning, telling all us North Westerners how bad it is with snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Gone back to light sleet........i can't wait for spring..i have now officially given up on this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.
Rain and sleet here in Preston - yet another non event in this part of the country. What do we need to get snow here ?

A Tardis and weather archives going back to 3000 BC

Posted

About 20mins ago i could see pendle hill from my window as per usual. Now cant see it at all? Maybe were in for a suprise?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Starting to snow again, not sticking yet but it's only light so far.

Posted
Gone back to light sleet........i can't wait for spring..i have now officially given up on this winter

Same here. A band of signifcant snow is set to affect the south and midlands again tomorrow - we will miss out.

Posted
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)
  • Location: Cambridge (term time) and Bonn, Germany 170m (holidays)

Parents are in Oldham at the moment. Some heavy precip right over them but I've just checked the webcam. The ground is wet and dotted with white - I'm not sure if it's snow or chewing gum. Knowing the town quite well, I suspect it's the latter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and warm sunny summers
Same here. A band of signifcant snow is set to affect the south and midlands again tomorrow - we will miss out.

I share your pain <_<

Light snow here but the front is fragmenting quickly so looks like another disappointment.

I am not going to watch TV in next 48 hours because I just couldnt stand hours of 'blizzard reports from around the UK' apart from the North West of course.

Today should have been a sure bet for us with an active front coming in from the west, if it was mild this front would bring 30mm of rain but because its cold enough for snow its dying on its feet <_<

Andy

Posted
Whilst many people across the country will be taking about how this winter provided some major, significant snowfalls. For the majority of people here in the north-west it will be another winter of false hope, near misses and limited amounts of snowfall. How the hell parts of the south have experienced inches upon inches of the stuff and weve had next to nowt totally baffles me. This was our one hope - and we've been let down again.

Please cheer up. Ylou'll turn my snow to rain if you stay so gloomy

Posted

I think the precipitation is too light and the band seems to be fallling apart at the seams and breaking up, so although it could be could enough for snow right now, I expect this will fizzle out soon. Off to watch the football lol

Posted

Changed my signature on the basis of today. Would love to have reason to change again. I can't believe some of you guys further inland/higher up haven't had anything decent either.

Posted

A brief period of feeble light snow that melted upon impact with the ground has now turned to drizzle.

Hpwever it looks like some other parts of the nw are recieving some heavier ppn, mostly areas over high ground.

Hot*Snow