Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
wait till you see these for min lows lol

max temp is more important in my eyes

Posted

We now have the heaviest snow i've seen here for a few years. The back garden is totally covered and its starting to stick on the road and pevements. Large flakes of heavy snow still falling too.

Posted
to be honest there is hardly any difference at all to those figures maybe 1C warmer

now that looks good, but its still not certain has to how far north it will come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Never seen such heavy snow before, shame it was 2.2c so it just made the ground wet then when the heavier stuff came in it only stuck to the cars and grass, Temperature currently 1.3c. Anything more on the way??????? :huh:

Posted
Never seen such heavy snow before, shame it was 2.2c so it just made the ground wet then when the heavier stuff came in it only stuck to the cars and grass, Temperature currently 1.3c. Anything more on the way??????? :p

according to precip type radar no maybe a passing shower or two, shame the front split last night, now that would have been a real dumping :huh:

Posted

fizzlin out now isnt it up north and the stuff out to sea

Posted
fizzlin out now isnt it up north and the stuff out to sea

looks quite pathetic really..shame the rest of the country got more of that cloud :D the problem is the front came in and split last night and moved way faster than first thought, part of the front heading south east and the other front heading north east..which i believe tore the potential system apart and why we saw this turn into nothing then it seemed to stall right over ireland for a while, then again in the irish sea..thinking now about it, it was always going to defragment after it. typical we all the right set up and the snow buggers off and probably gived a coating to everyone who already had that before lol, well good luck to them, coz i think thats it for tonight, maybe a passing shower or two..or short of a polar low forming :yahoo: i think its all eys to tomorrow and keep watching the charts and believing..coz i think we might just yet get some thing out of this

post-1982-1234113935_thumb.png

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
If you look at the Met Office site we could be in for an interesting copule of days up here ..... warnings for us out till Tuesday.

Sorry but we are unlikely to see any significant snowfall here in the north west over the next couple of days. Monday/Tuesdays 'wintersnowstorm' is progged to be a south/central event.

The heaviest of the ppn has left my area now leaving back edge light snowfall. It has left a dusting and nothing more.

Posted
Sorry but we are unlikely to see any significant snowfall here in the north west over the next couple of days. Monday/Tuesdays 'wintersnowstorm' is progged to be a south/central event.

The heaviest of the ppn has left my area now leaving back edge light snowfall. It has left a dusting and nothing more.

The threat must be there or there would not be the warnings on the Met office site ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
If you look at the Met Office site we could be in for an interesting copule of days up here ..... warnings for us out till Tuesday.

WOW theyve actually added us to the heavy snow warnings for monday and tuesday now, upto 15cm monday and upto 15cm tuesday LMFAO thats great news.

Still a little Snizzle goin on here ;)

Posted

Why do people do this? The met office isnt there for the fun of getting people's hopes up. It's a proffesional site, If we would not be seeing anymore snowfall they wont of just updated the warnings to orange and be saying 10-15cms would they?

Posted
The threat must be there or there would not be the warnings on the Met office site ?

This is standard procedure by the met-office. They do it to cover themselves in case the unexpected does happen (ie/ the low does track further north than expected) especially given the fact that this event could affect parts of the north midlands.

But as I said there is no evidence to support the view that this winte storm will affect us here in the north-west.

Posted
This is standard procedure by the met-office. They do it to cover themselves in case the unexpected does happen (ie/ the low does track further north than expected) especially given the fact that this event could affect parts of the north midlands.

But as I said there is no evidence to support the view that this winte storm will affect us here in the north-west.

The latest UKMO charts have actually shifted the low further north so there is a risk that there could be heavy snow in parts of the North West.

Posted

There is also no evidence that it wont hit us, As i said in my last post, They don't put warnings out for the fun of it.! :D :lol: B) :D:doh: :lol: B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

There is some evidence, todays 12z MetO and the GFS has been toying with the idea, having said that it will come down to nowcasting on the day but if the precip does reach this far north then it's more likely to fall as snow here than down south, as we would be closer to the cold air. A big IF though, it's just one of many possibilities.

Edited by James M

Posted

Have you looked at all the models. I would say there is significant evidence that we could easily be affected by this winter storm. I don't personally think we shall be but have you actually looked at the latest GFS and the metoffice runs?

I also do not believe it is standard procedure for the metoffice to cover themselves 'just in case'. Many people in many services rely on an accurate metoffice warning, this would not be effective if most of them were 'just in case of the unexpeced' do you not think?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

You could be right but you could also be wrong most models are in favour of the northward shunt of the LP now, even Satallite imagery from noaa (actual positioning of systems) suggests the LP was already coming from a more northerly position than the models were previously showing. The latest satallite image should be available after 6pm this evening and it will show where that LP really is :D

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

Don't want to get involved in a met office bashing debate, suffice to say we are covered by warnings for the next 3 days. Snow and ice today, snow tomorrow and snow on tuesday - it may not happen but i'll add again the threat must be there.

Its still snowing here :D quite a decent covering now, roads covered as well.