Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
So you think we will get something tomorrow?

having read the other topic on the subject it would seem not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Typical. North west left dry yet again, When it did snow, It lasted 8 hours on constant snow. Then rained at 0c :drunk: I hate the northwest.

Snowing here near Macclesfield, Cheshire, since about 1530. It's really heavy, wet flakes, which I thought were rain at first because I heard them pitter-pattering on the roof, but it was just because they were so large and are being driven by the wind. Nice covering has formed outside and continues to grow, hopefully this coupled with cold temps tonight and icy roads will mean treacherous conditions on the roads tomorrow and a day off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

hi bud were in rochdale you from pm me

Posted
Typical. North west left dry yet again, When it did snow, It lasted 8 hours on constant snow. Then rained at 0c :drunk: I hate the northwest.

just await the 18z and hope for the best mate

Posted
just await the 18z and hope for the best mate

Bbc says nothing for tomorrow, Yet again, they have been wrong on every snowy occasion. Like the other day, the front moved 50 miles more north than the thought and left us with a covering, They said minus 5 for last night and it barley scraped minus 1. There doing my head in atm.

Edited by Hancock

Posted
Snowing here near Macclesfield, Cheshire, since about 1530. It's really heavy, wet flakes, which I thought were rain at first because I heard them pitter-pattering on the roof, but it was just because they were so large and are being driven by the wind. Nice covering has formed outside and continues to grow, hopefully this coupled with cold temps tonight and icy roads will mean treacherous conditions on the roads tomorrow and a day off!

these lucky people that get days off after a little bit of snow!

Posted

Bit daft all this talk of Mon/Tues storm affecting our region:

Its fair enough being dissapointed when forecasted snowfall has'nt fallen in your area, but there is no evidence to support the fact that tomorrows storm will affect the north west at all - and it will lead to further unecessary dissapointment.

Hot*Snow

Posted

Its fair enough being dissapointed when forecasted snowfall has'nt fallen in your area, but there is no evidence to support the fact that tomorrows storm will affect the north west at all - and it will lead to further unecessary dissapointment.

Hot*Snow

exactly, that is the best mentality

Posted
Just been in car - sleet shower on windscreen more rain than snow. Also at back edge now, clouds broken can see moon.

where are you?

Posted
Bbc says nothing for tomorrow, Yet again, they have been wrong on every snowy occasion. Like the other day, the front moved 50 miles more north than the thought and left us with a covering, They said minus 5 for last night and it barley scraped minus 1. There doing my head in atm.

Disagree. I think the BBC have done well on their forecasting over the last week, not only in terms of the north-west but the whole of the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

but there is no evidence to support the fact that tomorrows storm will affect the north west at all - and it will lead to further unecessary dissapointment.

Hot*Snow

Then What do you call this then > http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...t&p=1477492

Better read it because there more than enough evidence suggest Parts of the Northwest could see something from Tuesdays Low pressure system. Theres even the possiblility it could effect areas up to the scottish border.

Most of the latest model outputs are more in favour of a northward shunt of the system which would see the ppn reaching atleast the south of this region.

Posted
Disagree. I think the BBC have done well on their forecasting over the last week, not only in terms of the north-west but the whole of the UK.

Seriously, Thats a joke right?

Posted

Snow getting a bit heavier now, temp 0.4oC. Not quite heavy enough to scrap going into work this evening though, unless it changes dramatically before 21:00 :cold:

post-3616-1234122532_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Still snowing here in Bacup although not quite as heavy as it was earlier.

That said though, it hasn't been much of an event.

About 3 centimetres at the most has fallen which considering it started at 3pm is rather poor.

Temperature is just at freezing point but isn't forecast to go as low as on the previous couple of nights.

Still got some drifts in lanes and against walls from the Monday snowfall.

Took a few pictures which i will try and post.

I can't see us getting anything from Monday's and Tuesday's storm.

Models are pushing it further north than was previously the case but i think the best we can hope for are some light flurries.

Maybe more for South Manchester, Cheshire areas although the way that the systems of the last few days have behaved, anything from blinding snow to driving rain can't be ruled out and no areas including our own can be considered to have no chance.

Hopefully the fact that UKMO have a weather warning for us is based on hard facts rather than covering all options.

Posted

Hot*Snow

It could well be further south as I expect or further north, it's position will change. But here is the evidence that you cannot seem to find

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW36-594.GIF?08-18

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/run/gens-21-2-42.png?12

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090208/12/4...ctypeuktopo.png

ECM, UKMO, GEFS mean, NOGAPS and JMA all now suggest that this storm will effect the northwest to some degree.

The latest fax chart suggests the area of snow hitting parts of the region, a slight shift further north and we would be right in the middle of something big.

Edited by snowingtequila

Posted
Snow getting a bit heavier now, temp 0.4oC. Not quite heavy enough to scrap going into work this evening though, unless it changes dramatically before 21:00 :cold:

you look like you've got more than me!!! i'd stay at home if i where you. :D

Posted

Well the North West's big snowfall event as left the building now. Think I might be snowed in by the morning, AS IF!! As for Mon night/Tuesday, your having a laugh surely. Two chances of that coming off, slim to none, and slim left town 1996!

Posted
Seriously, Thats a joke right?

No not really.

Confidence levels for significant snowfall in the north-west (Monday into Tuesday:)

Cheshire: 29%

Merseyside: 26%

Greater Manchester: 16%

Lancashire: 11.5%

Cumbria (low ground): 9%

Hot*Snow

Posted
Well the North West's big snowfall event as left the building now. Think I might be snowed in by the morning, AS IF!! As for Mon night/Tuesday, your having a laugh surely. Two chances of that coming off, slim to none, and slim left town 1996!

Actually, I am laughing because it is snowing heavily outside right now with a good covering and there is a possible snow event tomorrow as well whether you believe it or not. Maybe those sceptics could explain why they think the storm will not effect our region tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
It could well be further south as I expect or further north, it's position will change. But here is the evidence that you cannot seem to find

http://www.meteociel.fr/ukmo/run/UW36-594.GIF?08-18

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gens/run/gens-21-2-42.png?12

http://gfs.netweather.tv/gfs.20090208/12/4...ctypeuktopo.png

ECM, UKMO, GEFS mean, NOGAPS and JMA all now suggest that this storm will effect the northwest to some degree.

The latest fax chart suggests the area of snow hitting parts of the region, a slight shift further north and we would be right in the middle of something big.

Exactly Lol.....Write this of at your Peril :oops: If this hits the NW We are in for some massive Snowfall

Might be even our Turn to make the BBC News LoL :)

Posted
No not really.

Confidence levels for significant snowfall in the north-west (Monday into Tuesday:)

Cheshire: 29%

Merseyside: 26%

Greater Manchester: 16%

Lancashire: 11.5%

Cumbria (low ground): 9%

Hot*Snow

May I ask again, what makes snowfall significant please? (in your eyes)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well i dont know If youve seen the latest ECM Icelandic Version charts yet posted in the other topics but that has the LP further north putting the south of the region well within the heavy ppn band with lighter stuff futher north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
you look like you've got more than me!!! i'd stay at home if i where you. :)

lol most of that was from earlier in the week.