Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

Pelting it down here. Already covered the roads and pavements

Posted
Well you'd better believe it :clap: there was a dusting here nothing more and it was gone by lunchtime, the snow was much drier than this lot though. I have lost count of the amount of times areas to the N/S and E of here have had snow and we have nothing. West of the M6 and you "usually" miss out.

lets hope its just the south of the region to spite them, they have had their share hahaha saying that get ready for autumn rain and high winds..<yawn>

its now raining and its not light rain either.

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Snow flakes gave a dusting. It then got smaller and smaller, Turned to snizzle, Then rain, Now sleet. It keeps alterniting between snow and sleet. :D:clap: Hopefully more to come tomorrow and Tuesday :D :o

Edited by Hancock

Posted

It's been snowing here since 3pm, started off light and has got heavier and heavier, now very big flakes and lots of them, everything is covered, cobbles, cars, twigs, leaves and deck, looking at the radar we still have it bit more to come.

Shadowfax

Posted
Snow flakes gave a dusting. It then got smaller and smaller, Turned to snizzle, Then rain, Now sleet. It keeps alterniting between snow and sleet. :D:clap: Hopefully more to come tomorrow and Tuesday :o :)

i suspect this rain will happily spread to the entire region in the next couple of hours..it shouldnt be raining but its like a bloody monsoon out there!

looking forward to tomorrow tbh when only south merseyside gets blizzards and 10 foot snow drifts :D as if

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
Snow flakes gave a dusting. It then got smaller and smaller, Turned to snizzle, Then rain, Now sleet. It keeps alterniting between snow and sleet. :D:clap: Hopefully more to come tomorrow and Tuesday :D :o

so you still have precip there?nice one

Posted
so you still have precip there?nice one

it will be pure rain soon..your only a couple of miles away across the bridge but luckily for us we will be far enough south i should hope for that system to come in and swamp us tomorrow evening, i should think a little later we will get down to freezing and hopefully it will stay that way throughout the daylight hours tomorrow..be about time we got some snow..and more than 5inches of it too..it wouldnt make up for the entire region who have had their fair share lmao

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Unbelievable event occurring in Northamptonshire.

My 2 kids aged 11 and 9 have never had the opportunity to see heavy snowfall.

This is the 4th heavy snowfall in a week.

since Monday, about 16 inches of snow has fell on the region.

I'm so happy just for them.

Not for me though!! central heating has been on constant :)

If we get the ''storm'' tomorrow (big if) then a further foot of snow is possible :)

Posted

Light wet snow since mid afternoon, which didn't settle.

In last hour, slightly heavier snow has managed to cover everything. Not headline grabbing but better than nowt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)
it will be pure rain soon..your only a couple of miles away across the bridge but luckily for us we will be far enough south i should hope for that system to come in and swamp us tomorrow evening, i should think a little later we will get down to freezing and hopefully it will stay that way throughout the daylight hours tomorrow..be about time we got some snow..and more than 5inches of it too..it wouldnt make up for the entire region who have had their fair share lmao

im in the pennines mate.but yeah i will be keeping my eye on the developements for tomorrow :)

Posted
Unbelievable event occurring in Northamptonshire.

My 2 kids aged 11 and 9 have never had the opportunity to see heavy snowfall.

This is the 4th heavy snowfall in a week.

since Monday, about 16 inches of snow has fell on the region.

I'm so happy just for them.

Not for me though!! central heating has been on constant :)

If we get the ''storm'' tomorrow (big if) then a further foot of snow is possible :)

tbh no matter where that comes in you are going to be because of your location, that lp is higher placed than it originally was. anyways

16 inches of snow..rub it in why dont ya :) but then you can have our rain for the next 10 years thank you very much :)

umm why are snow reporting in the nw thread if your in the south of the midlands?

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
16 inches of snow..rub it in why dont ya :) but then you can have our rain for the next 10 years thank you very much :)

umm why are snow reporting in the nw thread if your in the south of the midlands?

Maybe because i'm a Boltonian.

Posted
Maybe because i'm a Boltonian.

but arent you in the northampton? last time i checked that place was south east midlands :)

anyone have an update on the lp for tomorrow?

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted

Snowing here since 16:00, it was pathetic to start with but now heavier, only about 1cm at present, filling in gaps of existing snow cover, but could be a couple of cm of fresh snow by time it stops, not expecting anything to major from this. temp 0.1oC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Much heavier now with big flakes, getting on for about 1cm

Posted
Snowing here since 16:00, it was pathetic to start with but now heavier, only about 1cm at present, filling in gaps of existing snow cover, but could be a couple of cm of fresh snow by time it stops, not expecting anything to major from this. temp 0.1oC

hope the rain doesnt arrive for you, its turned to light rain here, think it may stop pretty soon i hope, then temps can get down properly..hope that its better than the woeful -2c attempt last night..thought it might really drop down to -8 or something.

snowmad you there mate?

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
but arent you in the northampton?

Aye, against my will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd move back to gods country (bolton) tomorrow if i could.

Ps.

another 2 inches has fallen in the last hour :p

Posted
Aye, against my will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd move back to gods country (bolton) tomorrow if i could.

Ps.

another 2 inches has fallen in the last hour :p

hahaha :)

actually i think your town's team need big sam back at least he had em playing something lol

errm the met have upgraded to flash warning of snow for merseyside and north? do they have no idea its already moved further east or north? lolol

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/...t_warnings.html

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
hahaha :)

actually i think your town's team need big sam back at least he had em playing something lol

Please do not mention Big fat sam !!! :p

Gary MEGSON :):):D:D he could not manage my sons football team.!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

So you think we will get something tomorrow?