Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: North West England

Posted

Hi All

New here but I reckon this is my correct geographical zone. :D

Had a small effort at snow earlier, but about 30 mins ago started V heavy and ongoing. Hope it's good news for some of you other people. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A little dusting here now, still coming down with small flakes.

Posted
Have you looked at all the models. I would say there is significant evidence that we could easily be affected by this winter storm. I don't personally think we shall be but have you actually looked at the latest GFS and the metoffice runs?

I also do not believe it is standard procedure for the metoffice to cover themselves 'just in case'. Many people in many services rely on an accurate metoffice warning, this would not be effective if most of them were 'just in case of the unexpeced' do you not think?

Believe you me I'd love it if I was wrong but I can't see it tbh. If anywhere is to be affecetd in the north-west of England it will be in areas to the south and east again, similar to last week - ie/Cheshire, south Merseyside, south/east Manchester.

Hot*Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms
james if anything is going to come of this we need some haveier precip hows the radar.

If its poor im giving up on anything of note mate

I wouldn't expect much now, I'm happy with a dusting though.

Posted
Believe you me I'd love it if I was wrong but I can't see it tbh. If anywhere is to be affecetd in the north-west of England it will be in areas to the south and east again, similar to last week - ie/Cheshire, south Merseyside, south/east Manchester.

Hot*Snow

I would agree with you there, but then again I am in one of those areas so think of that as being the northwest effected!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!
LOL just looked at the radar looks like it will have gone through by about 7pm!!!

Hopefully a freeze to follow tonight but i havent even had a cm LOL.

Tomorrow night might produce but i note with interest places in the midlands are seeing heavier snow than us and its come from the blinkin west!

How poor is this!!!

Exactamundo mate .... lets hope the next 2 days produce the goods hey ? :)

Posted

Hot*Snow

south merseyside? it barely had a dusting 0.o all week long lol, if anything this area is due a major dumping at low levels ..though you can have some too haha

LOL just looked at the radar looks like it will have gone through by about 7pm!!!

Hopefully a freeze to follow tonight but i havent even had a cm LOL.

Tomorrow night might produce but i note with interest places in the midlands are seeing heavier snow than us and its come from the blinkin west!

How poor is this!!!

thats because the front split up last night with the heavier of the precip heading further south than was initially thought, ie mid wales and central england..it also didnt help the fact the band stalled several times through out the day which has helped it turn to heavier precip and i think kept it more organised inland..but yes i agree it stinks..but keep the faith we will get something tomorrow!

Edited by NorthWest_Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
:) just as i am complaining about the snow not sticking just went outside and noticed huge flakes coming down, Temperature dropping :) WOOOOOOO

Posted

May be a sign of how desperate we are for snow here but i'm delighted with the covering we have here. If we had not had the hr or so of rain/sleety mix first then there would have been a better covering. Its the first time we have had grass and roads covered here since christmas day 3 or 4 years ago. Oh and its still snowing.

Posted
:) just as i am complaining about the snow not sticking just went outside and noticed huge flakes coming down, Temperature dropping :) WOOOOOOO

i must look out my window because you are less than several miles from me lol

Posted
May be a sign of how desperate we are for snow here but i'm delighted with the covering we have here. If we had not had the hr or so of rain/sleety mix first then there would have been a better covering. Its the first time we have had grass and roads covered here since christmas day 3 or 4 years ago. Oh and its still snowing.

covering of snow here :) but just about stopped now :lol:

Posted

I cannot understand this ,i had a multimedia text message sent to me from a member of my family in bolton. there was about 1 inch covering and that was only last monday.

Posted
Its a let down Dodge i just went outside and i can hear drip drip drip.

Very wet snow and this was what i was worrying about to be honest.

Must admit I thought it would be a little more active that what it turned out to be, but then in recent years atlantic fronts coming in from the west have tended to stall, fragment or have quickly shunted the colder air out of the way, so they have been generally dissapointing. Last week's easterly was better for us lol

Still there's a more vigorous low coming up from the south tomorrow, and maybe it will be far enough north to effect our parts, with hopefully the right temps/dew points to turn it white.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

Heavy snow falling here. Already freezing aswell to the roads and pavements outside.

Posted
I cannot understand this ,i had a multimedia text message sent to me from a member of my family in bolton. there was about 1 inch covering and that was only last monday.

Well you'd better believe it :lol: there was a dusting here nothing more and it was gone by lunchtime, the snow was much drier than this lot though. I have lost count of the amount of times areas to the N/S and E of here have had snow and we have nothing. West of the M6 and you "usually" miss out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Heavy snow here guys and pelting it down about 2cm fallen in the last hour :hi:

Posted

When temperatures are low, following a cold snap, the best source of frontal activity approaching my area is from, as follows;

North - North North East - North East - East North East - East

East - East South East - South East - South South East - South

South South West - South West - West South West -

West North West - North West - North North West - North

The worst is WEST, purely WEST, anything that comes directly from the WEST is baaaaaaaad lol

Although saying that the 'snizzle' has intensified somewhat.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted

It's coming down a bit heavier now with bigger flakes, might just scrape a cm or two before it clears.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Precip has picked up here now and I can actually class them as flakes again. Roads are now virtially covered.