Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

More snow here, just to put it into some sort of perspective, an upturned bucket has well and trully disappeared under the snow, the garden path, with walls on either side holding back the lawn is now level... could be interesting! Snow falling heavily again!

Posted
The snow is light now but i think that area to south may make mid somerset before the northern ppn returns south so could be interesting.

temp all night til this morning was 0.2 and now it has droped to 0.0.

DSCF0189.jpg

wow....lucky you mate..truly splendid old chap :lol:

Posted

anyone know how long this is going to go on for.....as its stalled on radar :lol:

I need to get back to work......lost loads of money this week

just been out.not many cars on the road

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Oh for £#@&$ sake, the ppn looks like it intensifies as it rotates west after Yeovil! :lol:

If you've got the NW radar, put in BA21 and you'll see what I mean.

Posted
It's really pepped up again here in south glos! This snow is going nowhere fast!

3 going on 4 inches now. The roads are a nightmare.......worse than yesterday. I can't get my car back on the drive because I can't get up the bit where the kerb is.(My dropped kerb just ain't wide enough). I'll have to go and clear the road.....an A road, at that!

My car has a problem too. I just managed to struggle home. Would there be any point in calling the AA? Or the local garage? They'll just be inundated. I will try to get the car back on the drive, at least it will be safe. I'll just have to walk to work until the snowy spell is over. Oh, dear, I'm a right old misery this morning.....and even all that lovely snow isn't helping. :D

Sorry, chaps, to dump on you all like this. :( But I feel a bit better having let it all out.

What a shocker when NW went down last night......I was literally just about to post a link to the flash warning from the MetO about the current snow! :lol:

Ah, well, I'll go and see what else is in store for us lucky boys and girls.....

Posted

Yep its been snowing here for the past hour or so, i woke up to see it snowing. Only light to moderate but there was tons of it coming down about 15 mins ago, pretty much blizzard conditions.

Its eased off slightly now but its still snowing, we have around an inch to two on most surfaces (even the concrete) and slush to nothing elsewhere. Temp 0.8c

Posted

ok, this is crazy it gone dark, and i never seen snow as heavy as this in 12 years of living here!! it just keeps coming

Posted

Dental appointment cancelled, result!

Still comming down heavily here, very wet snow but its still sticking, I wonder how long its going to last....

Posted
Snowed heavy last night topped everthing up by an inch this is really helping the snow cover we'vehad snow cover here since sunday night now and it doesn't look to be going anywhere fast eeither. Any showers possible in Wales today? I want more lol

Hi all, new to this as u may tell lol. Bin snowing here in Cwm, Ebbw Vale since bout 10.30 last night. Started off quite light then turned wild at about midnight. The wind was fierce too, which made it look like a blizzard out. It has eased this a.m but still snowing here and the sky still looks full of it :) . We were forecast heavy snow wednesday night and got a light dusting, last night we weren't forecast any untill a flah warning about 8.30 and boy did it snow. If I knew how to get pics on here I wud put them up. Keeps saying I haven't selected a pic when I have :(

Posted

noggin: it might be worth putting a call in and seeing what they say?

Just heard that Princetown is cut off at the moment... no big problem there tho :( I guess you could say where I was to, 'cos unless they bring a plough up, there is no way there is any traffic coming in and out of here.

and its still snowing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Moderate snow continues to fall here and im hoping it will get alot worse as it closes in from north and south :(

Posted

Still snowing in Tidwoth on the Salisbury Plains did ot get much last night but boy is it a blizzard now! School shut for the 5th day in a row and looks like another day on the sofa watching TV.

Posted
Moderate snow continues to fall here and im hoping it will get alot worse as it closes in from north and south :(

Seems to me as you run the radar, it is dying out.

Posted

temp here is below freezing, winds from the NE with gusts up to 40mph

Posted

i think Nick.F was very good on his precition....complete rubbish the BEEB.....I THINK WE ARE around 4 - 5 inches

very heavy here

i hate to say this.the GFS pic Paul posted looked quite accurate

GFS ON THIS OCCASION PROVED RIGHT

it seems good just beofre the event...

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
i think Nick.F was very good on his precition....complete rubbish the BEEB.....I THINK WE ARE around 4 - 5 inches

very heavy here

i hate to say this.the GFS pic Paul posted looked quite accurate

GFS ON THIS OCCASION PROVED RIGHT

Hi Dogs must be looking real good up by you - we went sledging up Leckhampton Hill yesterday morning and the snow depths were impresive then before this latest batch

Posted
Hi Dogs must be looking real good up by you - we went sledging up Leckhampton Hill yesterday morning and the snow depths were impresive then before this latest batch

lol.....some of the drifts here on low ground are around a foot...at this rate we might make a ft.on normal levels

.mega heavy.............saw a few cars sliding around.must be a few foot up on the hills

i make temp 0.8

Edited by dogs32