Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

Had a little overnight snow over the Salisbury Plains but not as bad as th rest of the week! However just started snowing very heavy here again!

Posted

Well after a fairly snowless night the snow thats fallen this morning has given us levels approaching what fell yesterday, with heavy snow still falling now, and looks as though it will continue to fall for at least the next couple of hours

0.4c/-1c

SK

Posted
all roads up here are closed a37 cars abandoned

I think that may be a slight exageration !

I agree this is the heaviest fall we have had so far - 15 to 20 cm but roads still open, just thick snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Can't believe the rate of snowfall here. Wasn't expecting this.

Posted

Wohoo! UWE closed again, two days off work!

Mind you I wouldn't like to travel with the weather out there.

It's generally sleet in Clevedon, how is Bristol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Words fail me.....

:huh: :doh::):):angry::( :unsure: :wacko: :blink: :nonono::D:):unknw::fool::cray::80:

I cannot believe what has happened only 10 miles away. 1 cm of poor slush here so far. I know it was forecast to fall most of the day as well, but it just isn't happening as forecast last night!

Posted

Light fall of snow here but the wind is very strong. Reports of 200 people being rescued from their cars on the A38 nr Exeter

A38

Just wondering what my trip to work will be like :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I cant believe my eyes, more snow, thats 5 days of snow here, deep snow again, up to 5 inches

Posted

Really chuffed for you all. Sounds like fun but please do take care.

We've had just rain here and the occasional shower of sleet. It's not unusual for us as we normally miss it when the South West gets it. Not complaining though cause earlier in the week we had the best snow Poole has seen for approx 22 years and I was getting a bit bored of slippling on the decking everytime I went out for a ciggie anyway!

Enjoy guys but please look after yourselves.

Posted

Looks from the radar that the two parts of the band have met somewhere across us here in cheltenham and the heaviest stuff is not only intensifying, but aso currently both systems seem stalled. There is likely to be snow here until at least 10am now i would have thought, and about an inch has fallen in the last 30 mins, were probs just about at 2 inches here now with flakes falling around 3-4cms in diameter

Im due on air soon should be a busy morning i think

SK

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
Sensational snow here, and it's still belting down. I've posted some first light pics here: http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1470056

Just incredible. Never seen anything like it in this country.

It's good to see you get the snow that you crave.

Can you possibly post another topic that winter is over in 1st Dec next winter as things have certainly improved since that fateful post!!!!!?

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted
Light fall of snow here but the wind is very strong. Reports of 200 people being rescued from their cars on the A38 nr Exeter

A38

Just wondering what my trip to work will be like :D

Heavy snow in North BTL, but just seems to be easing slightly. Actually the depth is not as deep as yday, but the complication is that today it intensifed just as rush hour is starting.

Contrary to some reports in this thread this is nowhere near as bad as 87, 84, 81 and 78/79 in BTL anyway. then we had over a foot of snow at times and raging blizzards, biting easterlies, with temps sub-zero. Temps to me seems around zero or just slightly above - it's 'wet' snow today, as opposed to the powdery stuff.

Plus back in those winters the snow often hung around for days, compacted and frozen due to the v.low temps.

Posted

Godda be 6" here..schools closed roads closed and just to top it off would it be greedy to ask for some more snow please.... :D Whats the heads up for the next couple of hours here in Somerset....? Any radar dogs got and update out there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Gritters? What are they then? Theres a good foot of snow on my road ... whcih I believe is 'too narrow' for the gritters... yet oddly wide enough for tractors (not that there is any of them going past either)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!

Right, after my first disappointed look out of the window I have looked at the facts and gained a bit of perspective. :D

Looks from the Meto radar that the movement north stopped at about 5am and the northern edge of the ppn is starting to move back south. Coupled with larger areas of precip moving in from the Channel, hopefully we should have happen what was forecast, albeit slightly later.

Best things come to those that wait??!!??