Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Watch: Cymru And South West England

Posted

Its slowly coming this way but not fast enough! Still no ppn, wind is picking up but its not a strong northerly like it was earlier, move like an easterly wind! The progress is painfully slow though!

Posted
Sorry to be a pain but can someone answer my Q about meteox radar. Is the blue showing snow or is the lighter blue sleet/rain? I am trying to understand what I am actually looking at.

Thanks.

No snow in Bridgwater at the moment. Though I *think* we will get the Exeter snow when it moves up. Please feel free to tell me I am wrong. As I said I am only in the process of learning this stuff.

This might help you: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

More showers forming West of the Isle of Wight, is the ppn still progged to move eastwards?

Snowing here again, sleety and wet.

I've said this too many times the past few days, but it looks amazing, a proper winter scene!

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
Hi and welcome.

Same situation here in newport. Roads look too wet for snow to settle

Thankyou for the welcome. Just went out to check and its all white now, Cwmbran always seems to get it more than Newport... By the looks of the Meteox radar if this keeps up my dentist appointment may have to be cancelled.

Posted
Thanks for the pictures guys. Very wintry indeed, BUT..........the snowiest picture only has about 1 1/2 inches on the ground (Dustings almost). :)

Where's the deep snow pictures?! IM WAITING :D

Seasons

Hi Seasons

Can not comment about the other photo's but wrt mine the point is that my location is extremely unfavourable for snow, I may as well be on the sea front in exmouth. If the lowest parts in exeter town centre have an inch or two then places like the top of haldon hill will very likely have four/five times that. NB The A38 is not a minor backwater road but the main link down to plymouth and cornwall and none of this was really forecast so i imagine the emergency services will be having a mare right now.

for those interested here is a well illuminated web cam for the very centre of exeter http://www.exeter.gov.uk/lgnl/index.aspx?articleid=2856

Cheers

S

Posted
Sorry to be a pain but can someone answer my Q about meteox radar. Is the blue showing snow or is the lighter blue sleet/rain? I am trying to understand what I am actually looking at.

Thanks.

No snow in Bridgwater at the moment. Though I *think* we will get the Exeter snow when it moves up. Please feel free to tell me I am wrong. As I said I am only in the process of learning this stuff.

I believe this radar does not shoe ppn type. The darker the colour the higher the intesity

Please feel free to correct me if im wrong anyone :D

Posted
Thankyou for the welcome. Just went out to check and its all white now, Cwmbran always seems to get it more than Newport... By the looks of the Meteox radar if this keeps up my dentist appointment may have to be cancelled.

Lmao this blows , its rainng here in Port Talbot , mountain isnt white either it dont make much sence. Even if it did snow now its way to wet with all rain to amount to anything which is a shame because day before yesterday it looked magical. Maybe the coastal wind is keeping things to warm here

Posted
Lmao this blows , its rainng here in Port Talbot , mountain isnt white either it dont make much sence. Even if it did snow now its way to wet with all rain to amount to anything which is a shame because day before yesterday it looked magical. Maybe the coastal wind is keeping things to warm here

Strange, its snowing here (albeit wet snow) at sea level right next to the loughor estuary. We still have a lot of lying snow, which may be holding down the temperatures slightly but I doubt it would make that much of a difference.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
marcus_surfer, are you down near reynoldston?

Im near Dunvant/Tycoch area around 3 1/2 miles from the sea

Posted

Temp 0.7c dew -1.1c so it could go either way here, still snowing moderate though

Posted

Light to moderate snow here. Temps steady at 0.4 degrees. We've still a full covering from Tues and earlier today. The heavier stuff appears to be fragmenting as it pushes NW and hits the air mass pushing down from the north.

Posted
Temp 0.1C dp upto -0.3C, getting even more marginal now. Further south and west are the temps/dp lower?

yep temp 0.8 dp 0.1 snow now stopped lots of thawing happening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

well it still show no sign of a change in direction! :rolleyes:

Gonna have a couple of hours sleep see if things improve while im away.

Posted

How can i check how many people are reading this thread? The thing at the bottom seems to have gone?