Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted

just wondering..... as im just an amateur, could this heavy band of rain just become less intense as it moves up toward the midlands later?

Posted
just wondering..... as im just an amateur, could this heavy band of rain just become less intense as it moves up toward the midlands later?

andy music,

where are you in ponty?

as i'm in cardiff

cheers

rob

Posted
Maybe i am too cautious when i turn off and unplug all electrical stuff as soon as i hear thunder! :lol:

So am I, Rain Rain Rain but didn't stop me in July 2005 when the skies looked like armaggedeon approaching. (Ever seen 6:30pm look like 2:00am? Thunder, close lightning and what was I doing? Chatting on MSN without a care in the world. :D

I even got some pics of the Cb's approaching. But I see and fully respect your point of view. But that said, how can you track storms and sferics without internet connection? A double edged sword I call it. :)

And a message for Jane Louise... (NSC thread) I think later on today/overnight, you may well get that storm you've been waiting for. :D (Or a shedload of rain otherwise!)

Phil.

Posted

Its hard to say but it does look as its becoming less intense slightly but im not it could intensify as it moves towards the middlands.

Posted

dark to my south now. Rain has finally reached me,although the rainband narrowed sligtly

Posted
Its hard to say but it does look as its becoming less intense slightly but im not it could intensify as it moves towards the middlands.

im beginning to think this heavy rain is not going to be so heavy when it reaches us later! im no expert but i just have(what do u call it) a hunch :lol:

Posted

Possibly, Loopy. But I think with enough CAPE it could even intensify. I think however that tomorrow could be even more interesting with sharp showers and thunderstorms developing behind the rain bands southern flank. Just needs Sun and convection.

I think you'll be very unfortunate to miss some, or at least observe some showery activity going off somewhere.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

And a message for Jane Louise... (NSC thread) I think later on today/overnight, you may well get that storm you've been waiting for. :lol: (Or a shedload of rain otherwise!)

Phil.

Posted
Possibly, Loopy. But I think with enough CAPE it could even intensify. I think however that tomorrow could be even more interesting with sharp showers and thunderstorms developing behind the rain bands southern flank. Just needs Sun and convection.

I think you'll be very unfortunate to miss some, or at least observe some showery activity going off somewhere.

Phil.

thanks phil!

bring on the cape! i want extreme! :D

btw is that you on your avatar? if so your cute!

don't worry im not gonna stalk you on the internet! im happily married :lol: i just like guys with long hair!

So am I, Rain Rain Rain but didn't stop me in July 2005 when the skies looked like armaggedeon approaching. (Ever seen 6:30pm look like 2:00am? Thunder, close lightning and what was I doing? Chatting on MSN without a care in the world. :D

I even got some pics of the Cb's approaching. But I see and fully respect your point of view. But that said, how can you track storms and sferics without internet connection? A double edged sword I call it. :D

That's exactly what i think when i have turned the computer off and the only clap of thunder i have heard was ten minutes ago :lol:

Posted
andy music,

where are you in ponty?

as i'm in cardiff

cheers

rob

Just above Ponty station, on top of the Graig hill - we just had a great storm - loads of thunder - CGs etc - very unexpexted really

Still exteremely dark here - and raining heavily

Edited by andymusic

Posted
Just above Ponty station, on top of the Graig hill - we just had a great storm - loads of thunder - CGs etc - very unexpexted really

Still exteremely dark here - and raining heavily

i'm in heath cardiff, and it's looks dark towards the north east :D , and the cloud has been really funny , light and dark swirling, :D

not sure what is going on though???? :)

I think it will ease soon- hopefully as I need my sleep got to go to stroud on stocktake tomorrow :lol:

cheers

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Good for thunderstorms in SE Wales then, given the earlier sceptic!! Interesting how it has developed just NW of Cardiff, where its most intense before spreading NW into Ceredigion where its been continuous heavy rain since 1500. 20mm so far today here.

Posted
i'm in heath cardiff, and it's looks dark towards the north east :D , and the cloud has been really funny , light and dark swirling, :D

not sure what is going on though???? :)

I think it will ease soon- hopefully as I need my sleep got to go to stroud on stocktake tomorrow :lol:

cheers

I'm a Cardiff boy originally and grew up near the hospital myself - just had more thunder and lightning which threw our main house power switch - back on again though

Posted
i'm in heath cardiff, and it's looks dark towards the north east :) , and the cloud has been really funny , light and dark swirling, :D

not sure what is going on though???? :lol:

I think it will ease soon- hopefully as I need my sleep got to go to stroud on stocktake tomorrow :)

cheers

I've got to do a night shift tonite! have not slept all day cos i couldn't stop weather watching! ( i usually make sure i get a few hours before hand) :D

Posted
Thanks, i thought it stood for some sort of storm cloud :lol:

No worries - getting very dark again here - rain very heavy - could be more thunder

Posted

well im off! gotta go to work tonite! see ya all tomorro afternoon cos the west midlands are gonna get loads of thunder and lightening :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
OMG! me too :lol: :D

Just for you and RRR, we'll officially christen a new type of cloud...Ladies & Gents, I give you the 'CG'..Cumulonimbus Grandus...aka 'big *@#* off storm cloud' :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Today has had an insane amount of torrential rain in east Exeter- and I was treated to a small scale but intense thunderstorm at around 8-9am. The number of individual lightning strikes in the area was well into double figures and there was some loud overhead thunder. Seems I was caught slap bang in the middle of it!