• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

No torrential rain or thunder 40 miles west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

IoW radar has distant strikes to the NW presently, those could be Cardiff, the range wont be accurate but the direction will be quite good.

Ditto lucky bugger :D

Russ

http://www.isleofwightweather.co.uk/live_storm_data.htm

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Kinda had a feeling this thread would populate over 'Heavy Rain'. There are no storms. Keep the focus on tomorrow as there is actually some CAPE available for southern counties with heavy showers forecast by Meto.

Please, can we regain focus on what this thread is all about.

Huh! What about Cardiff then?

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
What about Cardiff? From what I can see on the Radar they are experiencing a torrential downpour but like I said, no 'storms'. If you get carried away over heavy rainfall and reports of a few strikes coming in, what are you like when you're under a full-blown thunderstorm. :D

and Pontypridd - nice bit of thunder going on right now

Posted

I am approx 25m NNE of Cardiff, will miss the storm by the looks, but can hear faint rumbles of thunder!

And can i add the rumbles are about two a min, weather 09 seams a bit jealous to me folks!

Posted
I am approx 25m NNE of Cardiff, will miss the storm by the looks, but can hear faint rumbles of thunder!

And can i add the rumbles are about two a min, weather 09 seams a bit jealous to me folks!

too right - bout time we had our share - and we got an earthquake just down the road :D

Posted
What about Cardiff? From what I can see on the Radar they are experiencing a torrential downpour but like I said, no 'storms'. If you get carried away over heavy rainfall and reports of a few strikes coming in, what are you like when you're under a full-blown thunderstorm. :lol:

Jay reported 'torrential rain, lightning and thunder' in Cardiff so that what about Cardiff!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
Kinda had a feeling this thread would populate over 'Heavy Rain'. There are no storms. Keep the focus on tomorrow as there is actually some CAPE available for southern counties with heavy showers forecast by Meto.

Please, can we regain focus on what this thread is all about.

I dont understand! Isn't this a storm risk discussion thread!

you cant always predict when a storm is going to happen and we have had electrical activity this morning, there have been reports of thunder! We r entitled to be interested in extreme weather and it has been extreme rainfall! Im not just interested in storms! Im excited about extreme weather of any kind! Including heavy rain causing extreme flooding and the possibility of a thunderstorm! You cant say that the risk of a thunderstorm has been completely off the cards

Posted

Wow- Look at the last 15mins of that cell in Cardiff area, looked like it was dying away, but has intensified once more! Back building maybe?? Any thoughts people??

Posted
:lol: Omg, you got me there. I really shouldn't reply but what the hell. Lets get this straight, there is no storm. There are a few strikes here and there and you call me jealous :lol: Trust me I would only be jealous if I knew you was under a intense thunderstorm, by which I mean frequent CG lightning, intense hail, gusty winds etc.

That was a funny comment.

Oh really, if we only reported a 'storm' based on these attributes, these threads would be very bare indeed!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted
Get a grip 09! Gosh, quite pathetic now and it's tiring me

that comment did wind me up a bit too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

This thread is for discussing any storms that are due,any storms that may also happen out of the blue,heavy rain and flooding,the odd rumble of thunder or sferics. The discussions on here seem to have changed some what.At least last year there was never any bickering !!

Posted
What about Cardiff? From what I can see on the Radar they are experiencing a torrential downpour but like I said, no 'storms'. If you get carried away over heavy rainfall and reports of a few strikes coming in, what are you like when you're under a full-blown thunderstorm. :lol:

Nice little storm just west of Exeter this morning, with several sefrics detected. Thunder was heard here from that cell.

And yes theres one over the Cardiff area at present.

http://andvari.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/

IMO the risk of up to 100mm of rain in places is quite extreme.

Edited by StormMad26

Posted

Anyways, my postcode np13, cell looks to be moving my way which is very confusing looking at all wind vectors through the levels, but hey, am not complaining. Thunder is getting louder and the sky is getting dark to my SSW

Posted
I'm starting to dislike this thread, the first time I came on here was on April 14th and it was really good because there was actually something to discuss in terms of big storms. All people do on this thread is exagerate.

Thats all they do is it?

Posted
This thread is for discussing any storms that are due,any storms that may also happen out of the blue,heavy rain and flooding,the odd rumble of thunder or sferics. The discussions on here seem to have changed some what.At least last year there was never any bickering !!

Must admit, my comment may have been uncalled for and I appologise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Looks like today may be interesting for some.

Blitzortung is showing a fair bit of sferics from time to time around the cardiff , bristol way.

Lets hope something bigger pops up a bit later .

The afternoon is still young!

Posted
:lol: Omg, you got me there. I really shouldn't reply but what the hell. Lets get this straight, there is no storm. There are a few strikes here and there and you call me jealous :lol: Trust me I would only be jealous if I knew you was under a intense thunderstorm, by which I mean frequent CG lightning, intense hail, gusty winds etc.

That was a funny comment.

Looks like we have a new wind up merchant here. Jealous as well. As far as I can tell this thread isn't for silly comments arguing as to whether thunder, lightning and heavy rain constitute a storm, rather discussing whats actually happening now, which is thunder, lightning and heavy rain. I think its best if the thread isn't cluttered up with such silly comments and that we get back to the subject of weather.

Looking at the 24 hours accumulations over Wales and the West country it looks like the Severn catchment area could see some flooding later today and during tomorrow. Also for this debating whether the rain is heavy or not, take a look at this latest radar image. Rainfall rates 90 - 120mm/hour.

post-703-1244289625_thumb.png

Edited by fine wine

Posted

Thats one hell of a storm just north of Cardiff! 30mm in the past hour :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.
Thats one hell of a storm just north of Cardiff! 30mm in the past hour :lol:

Yeah its looking good.

Lets just hope that more pop up like that later :lol: