Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted

here in cheltenham we had heavy rain this morning but only a few showers all day, are we likely to see this rain and how bad will it be?

Posted
here in cheltenham we had heavy rain this morning but only a few showers all day, are we likely to see this rain and how bad will it be?

Very heavy rain here now and most of the day with some thunder - may well be moving in your direction very slowly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

For the West Midlands, that really heavy rain should affect here early on tomorrow. Drier conditions should briefly follow on but heavy thundery showers look likely to follow on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
Things have gone extremly dark to the S and SW now looks thundery too so dark.

Yep, here in Yatton there seems to be an almost gust front appearance to the edge of the rain to the southwest and a lot of scud and rotating clouds beneath the main cloud. Going out to photograph.

Posted
Very heavy rain here now and most of the day with some thunder - may well be moving in your direction very slowly

yes it really is moving slowly, but it is coming your way! it's suppose to be swinging round and coming back toward us! dont know when it will arrive though

Posted
For the West Midlands, that really heavy rain should affect here early on tomorrow. Drier conditions should briefly follow on but heavy thundery showers look likely to follow on.

there is the answer :rofl:

Posted

If this does pivot north east, Twister2005. I think we are looking at a prolonged spell of heavy rain. Seems to be on a par with last September where the flooding occurred in Worcestershire/Gloucestershire areas, and I saw at first hand what the flooding was like as I and my family and a friend were travelling down the M5 into Exeter on 6th September when it was about 48 hours of continuous heavy rain.

Great start to our holiday that was. Even the ducks and fishes were complaining that it was too wet. :rofl:

Phil.

Posted

We do see alot of flooding round here so if we do get that rain tonight things could get quite interesting, in July 2007 it took me and my husband 5 hours to get back from bristol, we went through some pretty dodgy flood waters!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes, plenty more rain to come!!....more rain starting to develop over northern France which will swing into Southern counties overnight......and the rain over Devon & South Wales, in anything, is intensifying.....Some large accumilations over the past 18 hours....

The 1st attachment is the current rain radar as of 1730 hrs

post-4149-1244306389_thumb.png

The 2nd attachment shows rain accumulations over the last 4 hours...remarkable amount of rain has fallen in Torbay, through Newton Abbot into Exeter, also in the Barnstaple area...Over 2 inches (50mm) in the past 4 hours

post-4149-1244306530_thumb.png

note, also the rain bands have barely moved the past 4 hours....Both NW extra images are almost identical

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Lol i bet the ducks are happy down south west :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

It has been raining here all day, but nothing too heavy, amazing how just a few 20-30 miles can make a huge difference

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

GFS is increasingly pushing any thundery risk further north from here - both for tomorrow and tuesday...need I say more.

Sun trying to come here at the moment, saw some blue skies 5 mins ago!

Posted
The 2nd attachment shows rain accumulations over the last 4 hours...remarkable amount of rain has fallen in Torbay, through Newton Abbot into Exeter, also in the Barnstaple area...Over 2 inches (50mm) in the past 4 hours

note, also the rain bands have barely moved the past 4 hours....Both NW extra images are almost identical

Agreed, having been to a birthday party in in Newton Abbot from 11 to 2pm it has been torrential rain whilst we were there and since getting back at 4pm t's been raining non-stop here. It's so bad I have cancelled going out tonight as I'm concerned about my mum driving home in this weather.

Posted
Turn your computer off or risk it being blown up!

Thanks for the advice - had a power pack blow last year - was told that it wasn't the mains but it had travelled down the broadband cable???? - the thunder and lightning is sporadic here - not constant - if it was really bad I'd switch off - we seem to be on some sort of convergence line where storms are coming across continuously within this front!

very heavy rain again now!

something to do with the mountains I expect

another clap of thunder right over head

crikey and another one - seem to be getting more of them now

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Torrential downpour with hail here at present. No thunder or lightning though.

Thanks for the advice - had a power pack blow last year - was told that it wasn't the mains but it had travelled down the broadband cable???? - the thunder and lightning is sporadic here - not constant - if it was really bad I'd switch off - we seem to be on some sort of convergence line where storms are coming across continuously within this front!

very heavy rain again now!

something to do with the mountains I expect

another clap of thunder right over head

Maybe i am too cautious when i turn off and unplug all electrical stuff as soon as i hear thunder! :rofl:

Edited by RAIN RAIN RAIN

Posted
Torrential downpour with hail here at present. No thunder or lightning though.

Its dry here strange.

Posted
Lol i bet the ducks are happy down south west :rofl:

We could do with some of that here to stop the top soil erosion,every time there is a gust of wind i lose a bucketful of my garden :lol:

Posted
Its dry here strange.

Yep it's stopped here now, only about 10 minutes long and now the sun is even out. :lol: Very isolated shower that was.

Posted
Yep it's stopped here now, only about 10 minutes long and now the sun is even out. :lol: Very isolated shower that was.

On raintoday.co.uk i saw how it creeped over the bristol channel and its a line stretching from you to cardiff.