Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted
cricketing newsflash....Holland have beaten England! hahaha!

:lol:

And to think the Aussies are coming to visit too. Off topic I know, but maybe not if I said that if it rains a lot, (weather! I said rains :lol: ) maybe we can win the Ashes again?

Phil.

Posted

Good evening, Jane Louise. :lol:

I'd unglue yourself from the radar if I were you. I think the sferics and heavy showers are now dying off. (Booooooo!!)

But the weekend could prove interesting for us lot. Central/southern England and Wales in particular.

Phil.

Posted

now..... i know u guys hate this kind of question but im a real amateur, so.....

do u lot reckon worcestershire are gonna have a storm tonite :lol:

I'd unglue yourself from the radar if I were you. I think the sferics and heavy showers are now dying off. (Booooooo!!)

But the weekend could prove interesting for us lot. Central/southern England and Wales in particular.

Phil.

okay u have just answered my question. now what am i going to do with myself this evening? :lol:

Posted

Ermmm. Err. Live your life, be free. Glass of wine, or beer, depending on your tastes and close curtains, call it a night for storms, dig out a good DVD. I dunno. What do you like?

Apart from storms. :lol:

Phil.

Posted

i love adidas superstar trainers (im a collector) :lol:

but i think i'll watch a dvd! unfortunetly i have no alcohol in the house. bummer :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Phil.

Evening Phil,

Looking at the radar and popping outside, I have just discovered I only have light rain lol

Yay!! let's hope the weekend provides us with a storm :lol: Mind you, a rumble of thunder will do me lol :lol:

I hope I don't get a bad storm with loads of lightning.Too scary for me lol

Posted

I'm a Reebok man myself. :lol:

Did you know that an acronym for Adidas is. (Can I escape the word censor? I can but try...)

After Dinner I Did A Sh**

Or...

All Day I Dream About Sex.

Totally weather unrelated, but it's quiet weatherwise, well is now. But tune in over the weekend where things could get wild, but rather chilly with it!

Phil. :lol:

Posted

:lol: love the acronyms! i didn't know... after dinner i did a sh** ...one

anyway sure i will be running into u at the weekend. looking foward to it :lol:

Posted
WOOHOOO now you can't say you are in the no storms club for this year :D

Three years of being storm starved over! Still hoping I'ma gonna get some lightning later on this year not seen any of that in a long time. some brilliant convective clouds have come though today. A large hail shower passed though about half an hour ago, skud going everywhere, clouds in the base going every which way possible I thought it was going to drop a funnel at one point as it moved across the vally. We get a lot of topographically induced funnels and 'nadoes here because of all the sea inlet lochs and hills. Was hoping for osme more thunder but it didn't produce, visually amazing though got some photos on my phone of a rainbow just as the sun was setting.

Been a good day.

Posted

Sferics spotted near to Exeter this morning associated with some very heavy rain fall in Devon. Also thunderstorm reported near to Tiverton

Edited by tornadomanuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Sferics spotted near to Exeter this morning associated with some very heavy rain fall in Devon. Also thunderstorm reported near to Tiverton

also near Newport, South Wales as well...Lots of very heavy rain pulsing up from the SW, looks like already parts of the west country and SW midlands have had upwards of an inch of rain during the past 12 hours, with plenty more to come!

Posted
yes looks like a small TS in Devon...very heavy thundery rain here but no thunder

that always confuses me - how can you have thundery rain without any thunder? isn't that just simply 'heavy rain' or perhaps 'heavy convective rain'? :rolleyes:

Posted

yep! its nasty here! raining quite heavy! I left an empty glass out side lastnight and there is about 3 inches of rain water in it this morning! flaash warnings for heavy rain for worcestershire and herefordshire today on met office

Posted
that always confuses me - how can you have thundery rain without any thunder? isn't that just simply 'heavy rain' or perhaps 'heavy convective rain'? :rolleyes:

It's like having heavy squally rain with no wind, just say what you mean folks, just say what you mean.

Posted

a small TS is heading North along the M5...with strikes being reported......on the radar I think it will veer off and head for Cardiff

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm not surprised at the met office warnings, there's been plenty of rain overnight, and that area of rain over herefordshire/S Wales and also over Devon/Somerset is really intensifying (and heading my way!) so a very wet afternoon in the offing me thinks....I think my bbq's off today, will just have to drink the beer & 'vino collapso' inside instead! :rolleyes:

a small TS is heading North along the M5...with strikes being reported......on the radar I think it will veer off and head for Cardiff

do you think it will come off the motorway at Junction 15??....... :lol:

Posted
I'm not surprised at the met office warnings, there's been plenty of rain overnight, and that area of rain over herefordshire/S Wales and also over Devon/Somerset is really intensifying (and heading my way!) so a very wet afternoon in the offing me thinks....I think my bbq's off today, will just have to drink the beer & 'vino collapso' inside instead! :rolleyes:

do you think it will come off the motorway at Junction 15??....... :lol:

lol.....no that would make it to far North....I was thinking J20 clevedon at the s ervice station

Posted
lol.....no that would make it to far North....I was thinking J20 clevedon at the s ervice station

Ah, I see, at least it has good taste, a decent burger king there, not like that horrible wimpy burger at bridgewater.... :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like it left at Jct 27 Tiverton. :rolleyes:

Quite Heavy rain this morning though looking at the BBC this will clear a bit later but return tomorrow morning and last for a good while again which will be followed by heavy thundery showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

What a surprise this morning! At 06.25, a bright flash of sheet lightning and bang of thunder and since then - rain rain rain and more rain. The rain has fragmented progressively since and now it is only light but a fair bit in the guage and the garden will probably benefit :rolleyes: .

Posted

About 2a.m this morning we had a very heavy downpoor, still raining now......any chance of a little rumble in the Cwm valley of S.Wales???

:rolleyes:

Posted

The met-office severe weather warning for heavy rain & localised flooding, for the West Midlands has now been extended to include Devon & Cornwall, Dorset & Avon & Somerset & Gloucestershire....updated at 0936 hrs valid until midnight..........

Posted
The met-office severe weather warning for heavy rain & localised flooding, for the West Midlands has now been extended to include Devon & Cornwall, Dorset & Avon & Somerset & Gloucestershire....updated at 0936 hrs valid until midnight..........

Looking good on latest radar :lol: IF ONLY

snapshot-1.jpg

still on the Thundery side here....for the last few hrs......Hopefully the sun works on the showers later

not much lightning now on radar :rolleyes:

Edited by dogs32