Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just thought I'd drop in and say 'good afternoon, all'......here's the latest grab from the NW radar for the midlands from bristol up to Mnachester, there's certainly some lively showers about, the odd sferic detected, and storms reported for Lancs...good stuff! :yahoo:

post-4149-1244215917_thumb.png

Posted

I was very surprised at the sky this morning : there were discrete TCu dotted around even at 07.00, some Altocumulus, some AltCas and even some wave cloud formations as in the thread in another forum area. It looked like a plume styled sky even though there's no plume.

At present it seems the heaviest showers have developed roughly along the M4 corridor in the last few hours.

Posted
just thought I'd drop in and say 'good afternoon, all'......here's the latest grab from the NW radar for the midlands from bristol up to Mnachester, there's certainly some lively showers about, the odd sferic detected, and storms reported for Lancs...good stuff! :yahoo:

post-4149-1244215917_thumb.png

Thank you for latest radar! It clearly shows where the most intense stuff is located.

According to the forecast the activity will move to the east and then the rain band will slowly return westwards during the night and indeed tomorrow.

Karyo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

A long rumble of thunder here just now :yahoo:

Posted
I was very surprised at the sky this morning : there were discrete TCu dotted around even at 07.00, some Altocumulus, some AltCas and even some wave cloud formations as in the thread in another forum area. It looked like a plume styled sky even though there's no plume.

At present it seems the heaviest showers have developed roughly along the M4 corridor in the last few hours.

I've been indoors today so haven't been able to keep up with developments, but when i left the house at 7.30 it looked very thundery yet nothing has happened, and yet again driving home at 4.30 the clouds are dark purple in colour and fairly wavy. Most odd considering there's no storms about these parts of the world :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Currently sunny to the south and very dark to the north with a blanket of altocumulus and cumulus overhead. Perhaps the darkness to my north are the cells along the M4 corridor.

Posted

Pretty dark here with some fairly heavy rain, no thunder/lightening to report I'm afraid. :D

Edited by Koppite

Posted

HUGE MASSIVE ROLL OF THUNDER!

Not seen any lightning yet but maaan I forgot how good that sound is! Thunder oh its like music *cries* oh excuse me running outside to dance in the rain!

Posted
Congrats! you finally got your "storm" :D , yeah thunder does sound good, dancing in the rain is good too!! :D

Moving off now, counted about 10 loud rumbles of thunder but no lighting that I could see. I think somewhere behind the house might have been hit theres an alarm going off like crazy and and fire trucks flying along the road I hope they haven't been hit.

I got my storm! It was good enough for me! I'm content for the rest of the year now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms
HUGE MASSIVE ROLL OF THUNDER!

Not seen any lightning yet but maaan I forgot how good that sound is! Thunder oh its like music *cries* oh excuse me running outside to dance in the rain!

WOOHOOO now you can't say you are in the no storms club for this year :doh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I've had a big rumble of thunder too in the last 15 minutes but didn't get to see any lightning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
:lol: Where from? there have been no sferics detected at all and there haven't even been any intense showers. Rumbles of thunder maybe, but no CG I don't believe that.

ATD now shows sferics over our area, more to the North of me though.

Posted

ooooohhh nice to hear that there is thunder around! Hope i hear and see somthing! got the massive rain shower around 6ish! that was great fun! want to hear some thunder tho, not sure that is going to happen now :lol:

Posted
:lol: Where from? there have been no sferics detected at all and there haven't even been any intense showers. Rumbles of thunder maybe, but no CG I don't believe that.

as Blizzards said ATD (the most accurate of lightning detector in my opinion) is showing quite a few strikes east of Brum, and from another cell on the English/Welsh border. Ground reports (like above) are indicating CG's. And who says the Midlands doesn't bag all the storms :lol: :lol:

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted
ATD now shows sferics over our area, more to the North of me though.

really? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
really? :lol:

More to the North and North East of us unfortunately towards Birmingham though its nothing significant anyway imo.

Next few days could be interesting though tomorrow could be extremely wet!

Posted

I can confirm, Weather09 that at 7:26pm, a flash of what was probably IC lightning was visible, a few minutes later. One brilliant flash and loud boom of echoy type thunder.

Possibly not over yet given my skies to the SE @ 8:42pm...

The height of it all...

IMG_3322.jpg

Could it be another??

IMG_3335.jpg

Phil.

Posted

cr*p! just when i was hoping somthing will come our way :lol:

or may be not for some of us

Posted

Hi Loopydreamer.

Caught out by this lot myself. Not your most spectacular storm but erm... Jane Louise. Does this mean that I'll have to tender my resignation from the "No storms" club?

Or do I have a free pass, just in case? :lol:

Phil. (Updating sig again... Thunderstorm (ish +1 more.) )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

we've been quite lucky to the NW of Brum, only a lightish shower around 4pm.......btw, for anyone interested, off topic, but.........cricketing newsflash....Holland have beaten England! hahaha!

Posted
Unless anyone would like to tell me what they classify as a Thunderstorm.

Thunderstorm as in the Phil UK category...

1, Distant runbles from distant Cb's... Peh!!

2, Visible lightning and Cb nearly overhead... Doesn't really count as such, just a visible storm that you jealous about.

3, Cb overhead, one flash one bang. Not quite constitutes a real thunderstorm. (July 1989! That was a REAL one!)

4, Cb overhead. Lightning like you've become a Hollywood star on the red carpet with flashes everywhere and supersonic booms of thunder. NOW THAT'S A STORM!!

But if on my No:4 list. Don't do a Chris Terrill eh? :lol:

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Hi Loopydreamer.

Caught out by this lot myself. Not your most spectacular storm but erm... Jane Louise. Does this mean that I'll have to tender my resignation from the "No storms" club?

Or do I have a free pass, just in case? :lol:

Phil. (Updating sig again... Thunderstorm (ish +1 more.) )

Hiya Phil, :lol:

I would say that you are still a member of the club.A couple rumbles of thunder dosen't count as a storm lol. Let's say at least half an hour to an hours worth would resign you from the NSC.

I'm here glued to the radar lol waiting for some thunder.It's so stormy and humid out there.I am even being sooo patient too which makes a change lol