Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Risk Discussion Part 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I seem to be right on the edge of the rain band. It aint going anywhere fast, I have been on the edge of the band all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Had over 12 mm of rain since 5pm :lol:

Katie, Just been looking at the accumulated rain for the last 12 hours, and to the west of Exeter (Crediton to Moretonhampstead) is showing between 120-150 mm, thats 6 inches of rain!!....I can imagine some flooding problems down in the Teign Valley tonight & tomorrow!

Posted
thanks phil!

bring on the cape! i want extreme! :D

btw is that you on your avatar? if so your cute!

don't worry im not gonna stalk you on the internet! im happily married :lol: i just like guys with long hair!

Yep, that's me taken just two weeks ago.

And cute? Erm, dissect the 'cute' take away the 'e' and add an 'n' and rearrange slightly which Netweather will not allow me to spell. :D

I like long hair too, had it for the last 22 years, going back to my rocker days. And not receding... Yet!! Alll my mates are bald and younger than me. (Bar one). Maybe I'm just genetically gifted? :D And if you want to stalk me, I've no problem with that. Just don't be loopy with, say... Jack Nicholson and the knife/shower scene in The Shining' movie. :D

Weatherwise, looks pretty wet in Wales and the SW. Is there a canoe alert out yet?

Phil.

Posted
Katie, Just been looking at the accumulated rain for the last 12 hours, and to the west of Exeter (Crediton to Moretonhampstead) is showing between 120-150 mm, thats 6 inches of rain!!....I can imagine some flooding problems down in the Teign Valley tonight & tomorrow!

Tell me about it, the rain was full on over at Newton Abbot all afternoon. Driving back on the A38 was interesting. Going very grey again over here and the rain intensifying

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

And cute? Erm, dissect the 'cute' take away the 'e' and add an 'n' and rearrange slightly which Netweather will not allow me to spell. :D

I like long hair too, had it for the last 22 years, going back to my rocker days. And not receding... Yet!! Alll my mates are bald and younger than me. (Bar one). Maybe I'm just genetically gifted? :lol: And if you want to stalk me, I've no problem with that. Just don't be loopy with, say... Jack Nicholson and the knife/shower scene in The Shining' movie. :D

Weatherwise, looks pretty wet in Wales and the SW. Is there a canoe alert out yet?

Phil.

Blimey Phil, I thought your avatar was a pic of Richie Blackmore (Deep Purple guitar god) taken about 35 years ago!!....lol

Off topic, sorry Mods!

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

AJ!!

Richie Blackmore I am not. Wishful thinking though. :lol:

Phil. (Not a rock star. But give me the Nintendo Wii Guitar thingy, then who knows?)

Posted
you guys in the west having all the fun not fair really need some rain hear in the east and a storm or to plz :lol:

andy,

my dad has just come back from a call up ystrad mynach (he is in the fire service as a station officer), apparently the railway embankment has collapsed and the trains have been stopped, and there have been instances of lightning bolts going through houses, and the A470 is closed, apparently it is like a river, so is the caerphilly mountain road,

cheers

rob

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

I like long hair too, had it for the last 22 years, going back to my rocker days. And not receding... Yet!! Alll my mates are bald and younger than me. (Bar one). Maybe I'm just genetically gifted? :D And if you want to stalk me, I've no problem with that. Just don't be loopy with, say... Jack Nicholson and the knife/shower scene in The Shining' movie. :D

Phil.

ARRRRRH, All you Brummies have got long hair, probably due to your elavation! :lol: :D:D:D [PS ,dont think you like to be called Brummies....anyway I find everyone over there some of the nicest folk on the Planet! Best Wishes"]

Posted
andy,

my dad has just come back from a call up ystrad mynach (he is in the fire service as a station officer), apparently the railway embankment has collapsed and the trains have been stopped, and there have been instances of lightning bolts going through houses, and the A470 is closed, apparently it is like a river, so is the caerphilly mountain road,

cheers

rob

thanks for the info - I've just gone outside meself and I think it might be time to join Noah in building that boat he he!

Posted
thanks for the info - I've just gone outside meself and I think it might be time to join Noah in building that boat he he!

you can use my sea cadets unit's viking SMB (slow motor boat) :D:D lol as i'm in the sea cadets :D as a instructor :lol:

Edited by viking_smb

Posted
andy,

cheers

rob

Sounds really nasty.

Just had some more intense rain coming through, the kind you would associate with thunderstorms

Can I gently remind people to keep the discussion to the weather. We have the retreat to discuss non-weather stuff - ta :lol:

Posted
Sounds really nasty.

Just had some more intense rain coming through, the kind you would associate with thunderstorms

Can I gently remind people to keep the discussion to the weather. We have the retreat to discuss non-weather stuff - ta :D

no problem hint taken :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

No thunder, but this is turning into quite a rainfall event. 31mm since midday, 8mm past hour!

Posted

Apologies if in the wrong thread, but I've noticed the beeb website has a story on 2 people missing after an air rescue on Snowdon due to the bad weather.....80 mph winds and driving rain!...Just hope these people are found safe & sound ASAP

News Link

Posted
No thunder, but this is turning into quite a rainfall event. 31mm since midday, 8mm past hour!

Looks like that heavy rainband is moving nowhere fast,nowhere as wet here at 12mm.

Still raining mind,the midday fax chart is quite a interesting one but the front had broken.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/bracka.gif

Posted
Apologies if in the wrong thread, but I've noticed the beeb website has a story on 2 people missing after an air rescue on Snowdon due to the bad weather.....80 mph winds and driving rain!...Just hope these people are found safe & sound ASAP

News Link

I saw the yellow RAF helicopter earlier so that why it was so low! Poor people and the weather has been bad here all day with 50mph winds and heavy rain - wouldnt be suprised if it snowed on the tops because temperature only reached 8.7C as a Max for here today Which I am 214m abve sea level.

Posted

IMG_3345.jpg

You know, the last time I saw cloud structure like that, there was at least 24 hours of constant rain. (4th August 2004)

And for those in the South... Check out on radar the PPN coming up from France. I've not seen this kind of slow, even static moving LP for a considerable while.

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like things have re intensified further South again. Going to be extremely wet here tomorrow, probably wetter than today imo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
The best chance of storms tomorrow will be for southern counties (C-Southern, SE and parts of SW). This main band of rain forecast to push north will probably only just pass the Midlands by midday tomorrow judging by how slow it's moving. Therefore breaks in the cloud are more likely in the areas mentioned above, meaning CAPE can be utilised.

I doubt the West Midlands will see anything in the way of storms, more likely the south midlands but there is I suppose the chance for heavy showers.

Just been outside and without question it feels warmer than today. The breeze has dropped and of what breeze there is it feels far less chilly. Also seems to be coming from a more southerly direction as opposed to easterly!

Posted
Just been outside and without question it feels warmer than today. The breeze has dropped and of what breeze there is it feels far less chilly. Also seems to be coming from a more southerly direction as opposed to easterly!

I think you are in the right place tomorrow pm mate....not so much the SW but rather the SE.....see convective thread for tomorrow.... linky

I'll be heading that way in the afternoon

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I hope so, I am so storm starved now I could hop in a kayak and make my way to the States early :lol:

Posted

the only one alowed to put up... :lol:

well wouldnt surprise me if we get some Thunder tonight as this is intensifying .....as it moves North....

Edited by dogs32