Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Natures Fury

Posted

Wow that was amazing at the end, scary stuff. So a tornado actually passed right over the gas station? i wonder how strong it was F2 or F3 maybe?

Posted

What a crackin prog!!..lol

Well he got to the point where he wasn't looking for tornadoes and he got one!

Great footage team!! :)

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Great programme. Who was driving the second car through the RFD?

I am glad my wife didn't see it! She would never let me join you in a few years time if she did!

Posted
:) Fantastic, great footage! The gas station getting hit was awesome, that camera man had balls filming that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Hello,

Can anyone burn a copy onto DVD please? I'll willingly refund any costs incurred!

Please drop me an IM in the first instance.

Very Best Wishes,

Bob.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

ABSOLUTELY BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!! :):D:):shok:

I remember watching that Kearney storm on here a little while ago - awesome! Had the surround sound on full, heavy bass and just loud - it was like I was there!

Now I have to fester for 10 months, unless of course we get something like that here in the mean time :doh:

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Un*****believable.......!!!!!! Well balanced documentary showing the beauty and the total devastation these storms

cause ... Chris Terrill what a crazy fellow out in hail the size of baseball !!! Armour or not thats a pretty mad thing to do,

loved how Dave Ewoldt replied when he asked if he could go out into the hail....

Bet it was like inside a washing machine when Chris opened the door...!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Paul, how did you manage to simulate that in a car wash, amazing! :shok: No seriously, really incredible footage, well done mate.

Helps to lessen the blow of missing out on the Thames Streamer in Feb, eh! :)

That Chris took a chance didnt he. Shut that door!

Thanks for all the footage and entertainment on this years Storm Chase and many thanks to all the NW members who took part.

Regards,

Tom

Posted
ABSOLUTELY BLOODY BRILLIANT!!!! :shok::D:):doh:

I remember watching that Kearney storm on here a little while ago - awesome! Had the surround sound on full, heavy bass and just loud - it was like I was there!

Now I have to fester for 10 months, unless of course we get something like that here in the mean time :D

doubt it :)

That was one of the best weather documentaries I have ever watched :D:D Really interesting to follow, and great to see some of the netweather team too :)

The last scene had to be the best, especially where it turned pitch black in just a couple of seconds, and when he opened the door...!! :D:)

Edited by maidstone weather

Posted

Anyone still interested for next year after that :shok::) Thanks for all the replies 2008 was awesome, Roll on 2010!

Seriously though, great credit to Chris, one of the best Documentaries I have ever seen on British Tv, a great balance between the Chasers and the Affected, my heart goes out to these people who are the VERY Best on this planet and even if their house had been severely damaged they would still offer you a cup of Tea if they had the means.

Posted
Anyone still interested for next year :doh::) Thanks for all the replies 2008 was awesome, Roll on 2010!

Got the green light for 2011!

brilliant programme, watching tonight makes me want to go even more!

the good lady has not seen it yet though :shok:

Posted

Was great to see Stu, Roger and Lorraine on the TV for a change, made for some great laugh out loud moments such as Lorraines ash scattering wishes, the hail-ball hitting the presenter hand, and the hilarious door opening attempt in the middle of a Mesocyclonic downdraught.

Now I know how it must feel to live in the states with so little weather data to rely on, except the TV reports and radio if your just a average person. I really wish there was something else that could be done to help the folks of these small communities to be more aware of the storms around them.

Was a great show anyway without any "global warming" rubbish for a change.

Posted

what made me laugh is seeing Tom appearing regularly and Ian sipping beers on 2 occasions..

the hotel room brought this years hotels all back......

I take it the people with Lorraine were from UKW

Posted

Have to say probably the best tornado docu I've seen - just the right balance between the excitement of storm chasing and stark reality of the consequences of these storms.

Great to see so many known faces and friends in it too :) Well done to all involved!

Posted
Was great to see Stu, Roger and Lorraine on the TV for a change, made for some great laugh out loud moments such as Lorraines ash scattering wishes, the hail-ball hitting the presenter hand, and the hilarious door opening attempt in the middle of a Mesocyclonic downdraught.

Now I know how it must feel to live in the states with so little weather data to rely on, except the TV reports and radio if your just a average person. I really wish there was something else that could be done to help the folks of these small communities to be more aware of the storms around them.

Was a great show anyway without any "global warming" rubbish for a change.

Bloody mad,awsome is the only way to sum it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It's got me on Youtube now - watching loads of vids and cranking the volume up!

This one has happened to me on at least 3 occasions - fortunately, just given the frights - UNfortunately, no videos!

Posted
what made me laugh is seeing Tom appearing regularly and Ian sipping beers on 2 occasions..

the hotel room brought this years hotels all back......

I take it the people with Lorraine were from UKW

lol, yeah. The bit where Paul came back to the camera fixing his belt when the tornado started coming down was funny as well :shok:

Great Programme :)

Anyone who missed it, it will hopefuly be on here soon :http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Really good! Can't believe how brave the presenter was.Made me giggle watching him falling over espicially in his American football gear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

what a brill documentry i loved it!! ive always wanted to see a tornado and the sheer power of a proper storm. one year i will go on the storm chase!

Posted

I bet Paul, Lorraine etc were well pleased when he opened that door at the end!! I can imagine quite a few expletives under Pauls breath!! :shok:

I've decided to do a tour in 2011! Wife and child is going to stay with relatives in Austin whilst I go tornado huntin' :)

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Incredible footage by Chris out the door the doomed van at Aurora, it was hard to appreciate how fast the winds were going sat in our car nearby as you couldn't see out the window for the rain and day darkness- but certainly will always remember that experience - but the footage of the wind driven rain drummed it home.

Btw, we were experiencing the RFD wrapping around the tornado which was 1/2 mile away - though the RFD winds were probably just as strong as the winds around the tornado itself ... but of course had the tornado been over us it could well have sucked our vehicles up in the air.

Some nice clips of Paul talking, like the one where you are doing up your belt :lol:

I appear pushing the car out the mud and also saying the carriages were being blown over on the line beside our car while driving through RFD ... oh well least I made an appearance albeit in the background B)