Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Discussion

Posted

Yes, it is easing here but boy it lasted quite some time and it went really heavy for about 15 mins.

Very happy with it as this afternoon things didn't look that promising. A few flashes of lighting and I would be happier!

Karyo

Eased off here now - heading your way.

It will pass to my north, but it is moving so darn slowly. Once it is to my northwest or northnorthwest I should be able to see it. Might be another half hour before it gets to that position though!

It's the James May of shower clouds :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
it was him that issued the forecast on Saturday without Ireland/Scotland on the map, hence i asked. Clearly Dahl doesn't like the UK

It does say that his interests lie with rotating thunderstorms - so maybe unless its supercellular in nature, he ain't bothered and like neilsouth feels it's not worth writing/warning about :(

Curious question - did HG Wells when he wrote war of the worlds, base his 'spaceship protection shield' on that of the Kesurex storm shield?...the way the CAPE values explode throughout the evening, and then head E and literally snap around Kent, you'd think so...

post-3790-1245018765_thumb.jpg

18zs don't look so good :( well not bad but not as special

It does say that his interests lie with rotating thunderstorms - so maybe unless its supercellular in nature, he ain't bothered and like neilsouth feels it's not worth writing/warning about :cray:

Curious question - did HG Wells when he wrote war of the worlds, base his 'spaceship protection shield' on that of the Kesurex storm shield?...the way the CAPE values explode throughout the evening, and then head E and literally snap around Kent, you'd think so...

Posted
It will pass to my north, but it is moving so darn slowly. Once it is to my northwest or northnorthwest I should be able to see it. Might be another half hour before it gets to that position though!

It's the James May of shower clouds :(

The shower coming out of Birmingham has our name written on it though.

Posted
Cant sleep guys feel really sickely for some reason, no heating on etc but my indoor temp is 29.8c could this be why i feel onionse lol

Most probably - they normally say 18-21C is optimum temperature for sleep, the lower the better.

What I have observed a few times now, is this talk of onions, lol! I gather it means 'ill' or 'sickly', but am curious where the term comes from? lol

Found this vid I have watched before - note the comments below - "in the south east this happens all the time"....once upon a time...once upon a time :cray:

Maybe Paul S's BBQ in July will yield something similar :D

Edited by Harry

Posted
Most probably - they normally say 18-21C is optimum temperature for sleep, the lower the better.

What I have observed a few times now, is this talk of onions, lol! I gather it means 'ill' or 'sickly', but am curious where the term comes from? lol

I love onions :D but thats not the reason why it says onions, when i say sh*te or sh*t it says onions :cray:

Posted
Cant sleep guys feel really sickely for some reason, no heating on etc but my indoor temp is 29.8c could this be why i feel onionse lol

Why is it so warm in your house? The daytime temperature was several degrees lower than that!

Karyo

Posted
Why is it so warm in your house? The daytime temperature was several degrees lower than that!

Karyo

I dunno :cray: we always get this problem with our type of house's, bloody freezin during the winter and then like a greenhouse during the summer. Max temp was;

Today's data Temperature

High Temperature 24.2 °C at 14:48

For some reason i cannot get the temp down, if i opened the windows thought around here, i would wake up to my 50 inch full HD tv off the wall lol.

Posted

Karyo

not quite as warm in my room, but at 27.7C it is a bit unbearable for sleeping :D

I dunno :( we always get this problem with our type of house's, bloody freezin during the winter and then like a greenhouse during the summer. Max temp was;

Today's data Temperature

High Temperature 24.2 °C at 14:48

For some reason i cannot get the temp down, if i opened the windows thought around here, i would wake up to my 50 inch full HD tv off the wall lol.

is it really that windy? :cray:

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
not quite as warm in my room, but at 27.7C it is a bit unbearable for sleeping :(

hah in 2003 , it was 34C in my room in my old house at night!

I'll never forget that summer :cray::D

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
hah in 2003 , it was 34C in my room in my old house at night!

I'll never forget that summer :cray::D

Did it make you feel sickely, and the same Q applies to you maidstone, i never feel sick unless i have done 8 cans of stella in :(

Posted

Could be dehydration :cray:

Posted

Back to the storms rather than onions please :cray:

I've uploaded a video to youtube of the flooding earlier but its taking a while to process since its in HD.

Posted

:cray: ...dunno then mate - had a dodgy curry lately? lol

Could well be the excitement building for tomorrow - butterflies n' all that lol :D

Posted

Guys

Please try to keep on topic, if you want to chat about room temps try MSN Or Pm each other, the last 10 posts are nothing to do with Storms. Dont want to sound like a nag but we will get complaints from people having to read through 23 Pages with 20 pages of Onions! :cray:

Paul S

Posted

Back on topic there is some showers popping up in the channel just near isle of white, also the next batch of storms hittin S ireland now. When is the flow expected to change? Because as it stands its a more NNE flow from the SW.

Lewis

Posted

My video of the flash flood (some Hail about 1:20 but not the largest we saw today)

Posted

Lol true, fair point.

I'm off to hit the hay now anyway, bit late, got work tomorrow yadda yadda - and will need to conserve some energy for tomorrow's radar watch. Latest GFS still suggests I am on the cusp of some nice CAPE/LI along with on the cusp of 70% chance and 0% chance of storms :cray: . Certainly going to be an exciting day for many anyway - will be checking the latest charts/maps first thing in the morning in the event our developing Low looks like slipping a few miles further SE (to be fair - a change in the centre's location of about 30-50 miles (geographically, that's almost no change at all) South could mean all the difference.

On a fleeting note however, did you know the nitrates produced by lightning can increase a farmer's yield, especially onions, lol

EDIT - UKASF have their warnings out now - again, I am very much on the cusp, probably JUST the right side of the yellow line - we shall see (what a bizarre forecast map with the hole right in the centre of all the T'storm warnings - EAnglia in this case is the new panhandle :D )

Edited by Harry

Posted
My video of the flash flood (some Hail about 1:20 but not the largest we saw today)

wow that really is HD :cray: i got my computer hooked up to my 50 incher, true quality mate. And thanks for the upload. What do you think the estimated rainfall total was around 70-85mm.

lewis

Lol true, fair point.

I'm off to hit the hay now anyway, bit late, got work tomorrow yadda yadda - and will need to conserve some energy for tomorrow's radar watch. Latest GFS still suggests I am on the cusp of some nice CAPE/LI along with on the cusp of 70% chance and 0% chance of storms :D . Certainly going to be an exciting day for many anyway - will be checking the latest charts/maps first thing in the morning in the event our developing Low looks like slipping a few miles further SE (to be fair - a change in the centre's location of about 30-50 miles (geographically, that's almost no change at all) South could mean all the difference.

On a fleeting note however, did you know the nitrates produced by lightning can increase a farmer's yield, especially onions, lol

Ill keep that in mind, my onions in the back harden aint growin too well hopefully a few CG'S will feed them nicely :( .. btw dont worry about tomorrow you will see something, reason why... ill tell you in morning it has something to do with the track of the LP (centre of it) i cba to get all technical this late.

Gnight mate

Posted
Ill keep that in mind, my onions in the back harden aint growin too well hopefully a few CG'S will feed them nicely .. btw dont worry about tomorrow you will see something, reason why... ill tell you in morning it has something to do with the track of the LP (centre of it) i cba to get all technical this late.

Gnight mate

Cheers mate - hope you are right! :cray:

Posted
wow that really is HD :D i got my computer hooked up to my 50 incher, true quality mate. And thanks for the upload. What do you think the estimated rainfall total was around 70-85mm.

lewis

Bit excited?

:cray:

Anyway... Netweather accumulation radar estimates between 60-80mm. The actual area i was in probably only got hit by about as half as much as we were on the edge of the storm. The heavy area of precip was right over the hills beside us so all of the water came flooding down off the hills and caused the flood.