Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

wot about the big cell in northern ireland, wot do u lot think about that its getting very dark here tonight on these clouds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Few showers have broke out around East Wales/West Midlands border and they seem to be intensifying. :lol:

Posted
wot about the big cell in northern ireland, wot do u lot think about that its getting very dark here tonight on these clouds.

you have a lovely cell there mate....been going on for hrs without any let upp

Posted

Don't get despodent guys!

There is a massive area of opportunity, tomorrow.

CAPE, and LI, on the day, come and go like the wind. That we have it, or do not have it forecast, is irrelevant. There is a massively (in UK terms) unstable LP system moving in tomorrow, and it should be good for the vast majority of English readers. Have faith :)

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted

dogs or anyone else how good do you think this storm will end up???

Posted
Don't get despodent guys!

There is a massive area of opportunity, tomorrow.

CAPE, and LI, on the day, come and go like the wind. That we have it, or do not have it forecast, is irrelevant. There is a massively (in UK terms) unstable LP system moving in tomorrow, and it should be good for the vast majority of English readers. Have faith :)

but not us welshies tho!!! ah well, still only June!!

Posted
Few showers have broke out around East Wales/West Midlands border and they seem to be intensifying. :)

yep i see them clouds to my west :) are they really intensifying? brilliant! havent been checking the data for the last few hours!

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
dogs or anyone else how good do you think this storm will end up???

I dont know where you are mate in N.I...but its been intense for hrs,,,

But the lightning frequency as slightly died down

Edited by dogs32

Posted

yea that cell has jst came over m area but it looks like its gonna burst far worst than it was earlier.

Posted
Just wondering, what type of thunderstorms are we talking about here? Do you think they will be your regualar thunderstorm or is there a chance that at least one storm could be memorable tomorrow? :)

Somewhere in the danger zone I would expect strobe sfreics. Really. We had the medway sausage a year or so back, and I would expect the same, in the danger area, but home grown. I don't think such storms will be widespread, but I think it will occur. Tornadic activity will be at a minimum though on the basis of high cloud basis and insufficient shear.

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Just a quick one from me, I dont think anyone is sure exactly where the worst of the storms will break out on Monday, but for "sure " there will be some "BIG" showers.! Surface heating wont be to much of an issue tomorrow, no hot temps , but look out for convergence storms ie sw midlands to central southern england, ne england and southern scotland and prehaps later eastern england. Anyway ive done my very own "WATCHBOX" for Netweather for various reasons, where we can expect the most dynamic storms! :) ....post-6830-1245007072_thumb.png :)

Posted
Just a quick one from me, I dont think anyone is sure exactly where the worst of the storms will break out on Monday, but for "sure " there will be some "BIG" showers.! Surface heating wont be to much of an issue tomorrow, no hot temps , but look out for convergence storms ie sw midlands to central southern england, ne england and southern scotland and prehaps later eastern england. Anyway ive done my very own "WATCHBOX" for Netweather for various reasons, where we can expect the most dynamic storms! :) ....post-6830-1245007072_thumb.png :)

You need to avoid the centre of the low .........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
yep i see them clouds to my NW :) are they really intensifying? brilliant! havent been checking the data for the last few hours!

Its nothing significant, some showers are moderate at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Well I've just returned from a lovely walk with family this afternoon in the Cotswolds, and I'm liking the 12Z GFS more. The 70% risk is now back further West.

Of interest now - there seems to be a rogue cell over Hereford. Is anyone experiencing this, or is it anaprop?

Posted
Well I've just returned from a lovely walk with family this afternoon in the Cotswolds, and I'm liking the 12Z GFS more. The 70% risk is now back further West.

Of interest now - there seems to be a rogue cell over Hereford. Is anyone experiencing this, or is it anaprop?

I can see the shower from my bedroom window.....On radar there is some heavy rain associated with it

Posted
Yes, thanks Alison. I'm just back after being stuck in flash floods for 3 hours. Saw some pretty large hail and frequent thunder and lightnning. I have loads of photos and video. Hundreds of cars were stuck in the jam... will upload after i have had something to eat.

Theres a big shower sitting right at the edge of town, and it wasn't moved in hours, FML we haven't even had a drop all day just sunshine with huge dark towers to the East of us.

I think I might move to America, claim it as a year abroad.

Posted

well im glad that someone else ses possible action this evening (not that it will be anything significant tonight). I have alot of dark clouds around me to my north west and east!

going out 4 a fag to check it out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

Genuine, have just been to view this from the hills of north herefordshire/mid wales over the last hour. large big spots on my windscreen.

Most of it is not hitting the ground though, merely evaporating before it does so. Still some very nice cloud structures.post-3631-1245007918_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like a couple of showers are about to hit here which have just been cooked from Worcestershire. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎
Genuine, have just been to view this from the hills of north herefordshire/mid wales over the last hour. large big spots on my windscreen.

Most of it is not hitting the ground though, merely evaporating before it does so. Still some very nice cloud structures.post-3631-1245007918_thumb.jpg

Well, you live in a most beautiful part of the world, and Im glad youre sending us a beautiful storm! :) Looks as though that storm is heading straight for my house in Evesham! :):)

Posted
Somewhere in the danger zone I would expect strobe sfreics. Really. We had the medway sausage a year or so back, and I would expect the same, in the danger area, but home grown. I don't think such storms will be widespread, but I think it will occur. Tornadic activity will be at a minimum though on the basis of high cloud basis and insufficient shear.

Indeed, any tornadic activity will be confined to quick spin up's from wind convergence below any storms with strong updrafts.