Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Discussion

Well, you live in a most beautiful part of the world, and Im glad youre sending us a beautiful storm! :) Looks as though that storm is heading straight for my house in Evesham! :):)

Don't get carried away, it isn't a storm currently, just a moderate shower. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.

The shower to the East of me looks to be decaying. I've been watching it for the past 30 mins and it's definetly not going to do anything interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder
Well, you live in a most beautiful part of the world, and Im glad youre sending us a beautiful storm! :) Looks as though that storm is heading straight for my house in Evesham! :):)

thanks , I took a timelapse on my camera in serpia shows it building nicely towards the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hOruA2z6ow

Posted
The shower to the East of me looks to be decaying. I've been watching it for the past 30 mins and it's definetly not going to do anything interesting.

Any more showers around you?

Karyo

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Heavy showers will no doubt continue in next few hours, but thunder and lightning will quickly fade as it gets dark, as today's storms are diurnally driven by sfc heating (not mid-level differential thermal advection).

Tomorrow looks like it could turn a bit nasty, by UK standards, in afternoon as storms that form in early afternoon look to merge across eastern areas - particularly IMO E Midlands, Nern Home Counties, East Anglia and Lincs where we have somewhat stronger upper winds and dry air intrusion towards the jet over the SE of England which will organise convection and bring threat of strong gusty winds to the surface.

Some high precipitable water values across eastern England too looking at GFS - so some torrential downpours are likely with flash flooding, steep lapse rates and several 100 j/kg CAPE will bring some possible medium size hail. Mind you, not many areas immune from a torrential downpour - with little capping showers or storms will be pretty widespread across UK and Ireland apart from west coasts and along south coast of England.

Wind shear at all levels looks rather weak, so supercells would be rather unlikely, but would warrant a slight severe risk for eastern England maybe in the convective forecast for tomorrow, will look at what the 18z suggests.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unexpected gusts of wind, and cumulus clouds in rude and amusing shapes.
Any more showers around you?

Karyo

Doesn't look like it, the only ones are to the east, which I can see but are moving away. All convective activity is off to the North East (poss east beyond shower cloud). Nothing going on in any other direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Hi all

Been out for the evening with mates - reading back through the last 5 pages I was starting to get exceptionally dispondent. Now however, I think there is a relatively decent shout for parts of the SE too, depending on how far south that LP makes it. One of the anticipated convergence lines comes perilously close to me.! I think on this occasion, unlike the plume events so far, I am definitely the right side of Kent.

Posted
You need to avoid the centre of the low .........

Is there nothing to be expected in the centre of the low, im situated beneath it and was hoping to see something tomorrow.

Posted

The hereford cell has grown quite a bit, probably giving some heavy rain underneath it now.

Photograph attached in location to radar.

post-3631-1245010291_thumb.jpg

The hereford cell has grown quite a bit, probably giving some heavy rain underneath it now.

Photograph attached in location to radar.

post-3631-1245010291_thumb.jpg

Nice photo :)

It seems to have decayed somewhat on the 21:10 Net radar.

Posted

It is decaying yes, but giving a tropical look to the sunset :) a sign of things for tommorow

Posted

Some flash flooding pics from earlier. The rain and hail by UK standards was pretty bad, i have some video of it as well with up to pea size hail falling. Hail had still not melted from the grass up to about 90mins after it stopped... I was stuck for over 3 hours with hundreds of other people. Luckily we stopped in a dryish spot when the police closed the road, had we been further back we would have been in a scary position with the water rising around the cars who were stuck in traffic.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

Posted
Looks like a couple of showers are about to hit here which have just been cooked from Worcestershire. ;)

Chucking it down here and the wind has got up in the last 20 mins or so, no thunder/lightening as yet though. B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Chucking it down here and the wind has got up in the last 20 mins or so, no thunder/lightening as yet though. B)

;)

Nothing here yet, one of the showers that was coming here broke up and went around us at the last minute. The one your having looks good and may get here. :)

Quite stormy looking skies though. :)

Posted

tks for those piccs Ross-certainly shows how quickly surface water can give flooding until the drains can take it away, that is if they are clear of rubbish!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A bit of Light Rain here now. B)

Quite threatening clouds.

Posted
lucky escape for a guy in scotland today aswell

B)

1zf2b76.jpg

Yeah, just saw that posted on TWO. Amazing. It was possibly the same storm that caused the flash flooding in Dumbarton as well.

Posted

Wow

Great accounts guys, Ross good pictures and that Lightning was pretty close in Scottieland!

You guys have had more Storms than the South East - Shows how bad this year has been and after tomorrow could be a lot more wrist slitting down here tomorrow.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Great pics Ross B - looks like some serious rain there! Would be good if Scotland and Northern Ireland could get a breather from the torrential downpours. Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to some more convectional downpours, preferrably with some thunder and lightning if possible B) .

Shower has developed to my east, over Lincolnshire I would imagine. Also the shower from north Wales is still going, trundling ever so slowly this way B)

Posted

Cheers, still barely any rain here in the last month though. Just checking through the video and i'll try to get something uploaded.

Posted

Some showers have quickly developed to the east of sheffield,which could be heading slowly for my area.

Some showers have quickly developed to the east of sheffield,which could be heading slowly for my area.

Yes I have a shower to my east (the one you mention) and one to my west, which to be honest is likely to miss me to the north. Both aren't thundery so it's no biggie! B)