Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Discussion

Posted

there cant be many people on here from central N.I as theres one hell of a storm going on..

anyone got any live stream cam links

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

absolutely pitch black outside just now , road's already half flooded due to earlier heavy showers. Just back from edinburgh were i did see some lightning and heard a couple of claps of thunder. Doesn't look like these showers are going to die away any time soon. Local tesco's store down the road from me stopped letting folk in a while ago because the front part of the shop was flooded! :)

Convection seems to be better here at the moment, with some more pronounced, higher towers. However nothing approaching a shower yet.

Posted
Why oh why!! Is everybody Bickering again :) Let's all be happy and look forward to tommorow.

I know, and the dissapointments havant started yet, goodness knows what this place will be like if tomorrow didnt produce the goods everyone has hoped for.

I think your in a good chance though Jane, convection in the midlands does look likely and with high CAPEE levels you will be unlucky to miss out.

Light rain here at present, no thunder/lightning heard and the skies are just slate grey at the moment, a good drink for the garden though.

Posted
Hey Paul what u recon the chances are for storms in Surrey area tomorrow?

James

You working tomorrow ??

Think the main action will be from 5-9pm and Further North than London. A line from Bucks, Beds, Herts, N Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs, Lincs, E Midlands, Notts, Humber etc

Am planning on going up there tomorrow evening, if you want to tag along then that would be great.

Paul S

Scattered Thunderstorms for Surrey,Greater London and Berks

Posted
James

You working tomorrow ??

Think the main action will be from 5-9pm and Further North than London. A line from Bucks, Beds, Herts, N Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Cambs, Lincs, E Midlands, Notts, Humber etc

Am planning on going up there tomorrow evening, if you want to tag along then that would be great.

Paul S

Paul are you coming up to hull mate?

Posted
James

You working tomorrow ??

Paul S

Paul, should i have any hope tomorrow? should i be opptomistic? :)

Posted
  • Location: Bedworth , 5 Miles North Of Coventry , 3 Miles South Of Nuneaton
James

You working tomorrow ??

Paul S

What are the prospects for Coventry if you don't mind

I would like to know how much of the day I am going to be hiding away for

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

[attach

What??? Why are you even replying to my comments when you clearly don't have a clue what happened. Nothing in advance? Do some research. The Meto knew that conditions were favourable for 'Strong Tornadoes' in the Midlands, take a look at the synoptic chart for that day when the Tornado struck.

I watched the forecasts that day and all I was told was that there was going to be showers and the risk of thunderstorms. Please don't reply if you don't know what happened that day.

Sorry mate ...but youre wrong. Firstly nobody expected "stong tornadoes" that day. [i think Torro were the only ones to mention something about severe weather] secondly, there was a warm moist low level airmass sitting across the southern half of the UK that day and those cloudy conditions were not expected to break so no heating that day, no storms ....that was the met office forecast....but the cloud did break and the sun came out and I remember sitting down at my info and realizing that a strong storm is likely , I remember even saying it to my Mother...and sure enough about 30 miles North of me there was a Tornado.... Check with Tony Gilbert, at Torro to see what he/they have to say......but here is the chart for that day.....post-6830-1245002041_thumb.png

Posted

Lewis I will go as far as it takes me, could get as far North as the Wash, It is only 160 Miles which compared to distances in the States (800 miles per day) is nothing at all.

Saint yes I expect Herts to be in the Thick of the Action.

Gordon yes Coventry stands a good chance as well. I think the Met Office will include the Midlands on there next few Updates.

Paul S

Storms have broken out all over the hilly areas of Scotland it seems. I'm indirectly taking a trip up the A82 towards fort William this afternoon so i'll take some pictures :)

Bit wet up north...Ross was stuck in flash floods in Dumbarton for 3 hours!!! :)

Posted
Lewis I will go as far as it takes me, could get as far North as the Wash, It is only 160 Miles which compared to distances in the States (800 miles per day) is nothing at all.

Gordon yes Coventry stands a good chance as well. I think the Met Office will include the Midlands on there next few Updates.

Paul S

If you get to hull email me i'm also on msn: admin@weatherinhull.com ill chip in on fuel :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
I know, and the dissapointments havant started yet, goodness knows what this place will be like if tomorrow didnt produce the goods everyone has hoped for.

I think your in a good chance though Jane, convection in the midlands does look likely and with high CAPEE levels you will be unlucky to miss out.

Light rain here at present, no thunder/lightning heard and the skies are just slate grey at the moment, a good drink for the garden though.

Hi Geordie,

I realise it can be very frustrating for us storm lovers but the excitement is watching to see if we get one!( well for me anyway lol) The No storms Club is always there to have a moan,arguement or whatever lol

It does look very promising for my area tommorow! but, will it happen! I can't wait to follow the radars tommorow and see. :)

I hope you get a storm later as I know you haven't been too lucky of late .

Posted

Jane youve emigrated to Chelt in your avatar :lol:

you know we are lucky here for the Storms..lol...

take your pick beleive Sky or BBC....though i havent seen the latest BBC....it was different than SKY

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Hmmmmm.........

I do seem to have a decent chance but everytime i start to expect something nothing happens! But if i don't expect anything it catches me by suprise! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
Jane youve emigrated to Chelt in your avatar :lol:

you know we are lucky here for the Storms..lol...

take your pick beleive Sky or BBC....though i havent seen the latest BBC....it was different than SKY

So glad I got away from tewks Lol.I hope it's more luckier here lol . :) I think I'll go for sky lol

Posted

Quick questions boys and girls:P

If i was to have a section on my site that allowed you to watch the latest BBC weather forecast live, and also have a daily archive allowing you to watch the daily forecasts after a new one has already been brought out would it interest you :lol:

Posted
Quick questions boys and girls:P

If i was to have a section on my site that allowed you to watch the latest BBC weather forecast live, and also have a daily archive allowing you to watch the daily forecasts after a new one has already been brought out would it interest you :lol:

Yeah it would!

Posted

Paul S

Best clear out my cupboard that I hide in then

but I did miss them all last wednesday

hope I do so again

Posted

At the risk of providing evidence for any forecast I make, here is a completely, partial forecast, with no reference to any website at all:

Black is good chance of t/storms, red is potential for severe. It will all change of course, but, in my opinion, E Anglia is where you need to be for Monday, particularly late evening.

post-5986-1245003748_thumb.jpg

EDIT: perhaps a touch more north for the red circle

Edited by VillagePlank

Posted
James

You working tomorrow ??

Paul S

Hey paul. No im not working tomorrow. It seems storm trackers cant aquire work in this country haha, so no im not working. Yeah would love to tag alone. Got some things to do in the day though to send to immigration in london, but after that im free. So i should be free by 2pm ish if thats ok.

Edited by UkStormChaser