Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/Convective Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Extremely humid here- but please please come our way!

Posted

gorgeous clear blue skies here in redditch, definetly feeling cooler this morning with a nice breeze!

hope this sun will heat things up enough and all other factors are in place to give us a storm tonight or tomorrow :)

fingers crossed and radar watching for me until i have to go into work from 2-8 today B)

Posted

Listened to Ian on BBC Somerset this morning and he seems to think as the front moves very slowly East during the day it will begin to weaken, so areas such as Somerset and then Bristol, Gloucestershire, Dorset, etc will see heavy rain, but not on the scale that Cornwall saw early this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Rain appears to sliding North Westwards- therefore looking at the radar of the rain/storms over Northern France, they should slide towards Devon/Cornwall over the next few hours.

Posted
MetO going for thundery rain moving through the Midlands tonight. Don't really like the term 'thundery rain' since I get the feeling it'll be just heavy rain and no storms. Wow, certainly different from years ago where a hot spell like this was almost guaranteed to end with a bang!, the weather these days is just plain boring.

the weather these days is just plain boring.

you should have been here yesterday B)

Posted
Listened to Ian on BBC Somerset this morning and he seems to think as the front moves very slowly East during the day it will begin to weaken, so areas such as Somerset and then Bristol, Gloucestershire, Dorset, etc will see heavy rain, but not on the scale that Cornwall saw early this morning.

omg! so no thunder or lightning for west midlands? B)

:) sorry! off to the no storms club 4 me then

Posted

Right show are we getting storms here this today or not causeit just says on metoffice that all of it is moving east doesn't say it will weaken.

Posted

.....and what about moisture convergence in the midlands later today! surely that will set somthing off? B)

Posted
.....and what about moisture convergence in the midlands later today! surely that will set somthing off? B)

Yes im very anoyed to be living here it all weakens as soon as it gets here then it all goes of again in the midlands typical.

Posted
Well I was looking at that yesterday and I also thought that surely this will provide the lift needed for storms, as well as ahead of the cold front/trough destabilising the warm moist air. I really don't know tbh :) If we do get thundery rain tonight then maybe somehere will see the odd embedded storm and even if it is weak, will look good since it will be in the late evening/night time B)

Your living in such a great place in england for all weather events really iv know of in the past.

Nothing is really happening much in the SW with storms the moment at least the sun is out here make things warm up before it moves in and gives us horrible drizzle :wallbash:

Posted

Dont look promising at all for me here in E yorkshire.

I must say i have enjoyed this lovely weather, it's so pleasent here now, current temp at 27.4c and rising, it's a dead certain, ill hit the 30 mark here today.

This is what the meto think for me today/tonight, pretty boring ay;

Today:

There may be the odd shower in Pennine regions at first, otherwise it should be a dry day with a good deal of sunshine. Becoming hot again inland but cooler along the coast. Maximum temperature 29 °C.

Tonight:

A generally fine and very warm evening and staying dry and quite humid for much of the night but some showery rain arriving in western parts by morning. Minimum temperature 14 °C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Its only just afetr half 10, can't say if it will or it wont today.

Theres such alot of variables today its hard to say. I'm quite hopeful for today, for the first time in the 6 days we have been told storms for us.

Kain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I will certainly be rooted to my laptop tonight and into the early hours in case something comes our way!

Am am encouraged by a few things indicating a rise in humidity compared to the last few days, including some high misty cloud first thing this morning, and now an increasingly hazy sky, unlike the crystal clear cobalt blue of recent days.

MetO suggesting that should rain/thunder arrive in the SE it will be from around 3-4am onwards! I really hope we get something tonight, as although we've had some good little daytime storms, I am still missing my night time light shows :(

Posted
I will certainly be rooted to my laptop tonight and into the early hours in case something comes our way!

Am am encouraged by a few things indicating a rise in humidity compared to the last few days, including some high misty cloud first thing this morning, and now an increasingly hazy sky, unlike the crystal clear cobalt blue of recent days.

MetO suggesting that should rain/thunder arrive in the SE it will be from around 3-4am onwards! I really hope we get something tonight, as although we've had some good little daytime storms, I am still missing my night time light shows :(

Been like that every morning all week, so far hasn't meant anything, it will all burn off by lunch and humidity will drop like a stone

Posted

you would think with all this heat would cause such an unstable airmass for something to produce.

i do have an hunch that with this trough and the heat that it would go bang !

Edited by thunderhead 2005

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

There's some impressive convection going-on a few miles inland of here... :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow
I see you've become an optimist aswell, I tried that yesterday but failed :( I came to the conclusion that things just look, non eventful. I hope I'm wrong and Mother Nature surprises me though I don't think she'll bother :(

Keep your chin up mate, we might have a evening/night time storm, which is better to brag about :p

We have little patches of altocumulus undulatus here too. I aint seen those for a while.

Posted
There's some impressive convection going-on a few miles inland of here... :(

Saw that on Strikestar Mr T. Outside of the SW, strikes are only appearing up your way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Been like that every morning all week, so far hasn't meant anything, it will all burn off by lunch and humidity will drop like a stone

:( Not here it hasn't - if anything last night got a bit chilly down on the Medway when I was out. Last night was the first night in quite a few I was able to sleep under a duvet, despite the daytime temperatures being in the 30s!

MetO have said tonight will be more humid in the SE than recently, so that combined with a trough will spell some success...hopefully :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
Saw that on Strikestar Mr T. Outside of the SW, strikes are only appearing up your way.

With very little prevailing wind (southerly), high insolation and sea-breezes from both east and west, we have the Inverness Tropical Convergence Zone??

Posted

...WHY have the MetO got a warning for Heavy Thundary Rain for Strathclyde O_O becau something to se that does not look that heavy or thundary...unless they expect something to blow up out of nothing in the next few hours am I out of the loop on something?

Posted

All the storms for my area are right down in south devon and Cornwall, none of them have made it up over to the north of devon all going out to sea (bummer) got nice lite drizzle here, BBC got it totally wrong. Had them moving in the wrong direction DOH :p ... Still im not giving up yet, im hoping that a nice rouge one will come-uth- my way :( .. Oh one note to mention they are moving very slow and i mean slow. anyone in cornwall or south devon like to give me an update as to whats going on down there.

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Just had a heavy shower but now the sunshine is coming out, forecasters got this very wrong