another update

South West England:

Bath + NE Somerset

Bristol

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

S Gloucestershire

Heavy Rain 1510 Sun 5 2200 Sun 5

Showers will become locally heavy and thundery this afternoon and evening, with 15mm within a 3 hour period generally, and up to 30mm in places. Showers will slowly ease during the course of the evening.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Edited by dogs32

Posted
Heavy and Torrential passing through, quite windy too with some dark clouds towards the South West - Towring Cumulus but nothing more - plenty of showers coming in from the Irish Sea to keep me amused! Could even have thunder mixed in with these showers, hope so! Temperature now - 17C / 72% Humidity / 3mm of Rain since Midnight

resized.jpg

My point justified for N.Wales :mellow: Enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

You clearly understand your local weather, Jo... :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
another update

South West England:

Bath + NE Somerset

Bristol

Gloucestershire

N Somerset

S Gloucestershire

Heavy Rain 1510 Sun 5 2200 Sun 5

Showers will become locally heavy and thundery this afternoon and evening, with 15mm within a 3 hour period generally, and up to 30mm in places. Showers will slowly ease during the course of the evening.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Cool :mellow: ,let's hope it happens I say for the 100th time Lol

Posted
You clearly understand your local weather, Jo... :cray:

Thanks lol, it's not thatdifficult when people write whats going on hehe, either that or look out my window, can't go to far wrong there.

I see the meto has me in the warning area now....damn it!!! game well and truly over :mellow:

Edited by jo200199

Posted
Thanks lol, it's not thatdifficult when people write whats going on hehe, either that or look out my window, can't go to far wrong there.

I see the meto has me in the warning area now....damn it!!! game well and truly over :mellow:

Jo. When I was young, I understood Milton Keynes weather (I still don't know why, maybe it's intuition?). I've had to learn Inverness weather from scratch - but, now I understand, I think? :cray:

As I said to Phil earlier, me and thee and Phil understand things that others do not. For that reason alone, I'm grateful to Net-weather; it has put me in contact with like-minded people...

Have you ever considered a career at the MetO? :D

Posted
Jo. When I was young, I understood Milton Keynes weather (I still don't know why, maybe it's intuition?). I've had to learn Inverness weather from scratch - but, now I understand, I think? :cray:

As I said to Phil earlier, me and thee and Phil understand things that others do not. For that reason alone, I'm grateful to Net-weather; it has put me in contact with like-minded people...

Have you ever considered a career at the MetO? :D

LOL well after completing my access to nursing next June I'm hoping to get in to uni to do a social work course, but I was actually thinking earlier that I'd like to be a weather gal ;) I'd just look on here to see whats going on then forecast it hehe. I'm sure I could do a damn site better than METO...kidding before all you METO fans jump on me :mellow: oh it's actually raining real rain now not the lame attempts we've had recently, METO could be on to something for once lol.

Edited by jo200199

Posted
My point justified for N.Wales :mellow: Enjoy

Thanks! Although gone quiet now - North West Wales is a good breeding ground with some good convection but it seems that everywhere else enjoys the storms - EG Last week thunderstorms formed here and then further East and North seemed to enjoy them =)

Posted
Thanks! Although gone quiet now - North West Wales is a good breeding ground with some good convection but it seems that everywhere else enjoys the storms - EG Last week thunderstorms formed here and then further East and North seemed to enjoy them =)

Yeah, you see these grow from babies then they leave home like kids do and move on :mellow:

Edit: I wish these planes would BOGOFF!!! I keep thinking it's a little rumble, that's how desperate things have become lol

Edited by jo200199

Posted
Jo. When I was young,

(Late 1800's) Joking mate. :D

I understood Milton Keynes weather (I still don't know why, maybe it's intuition?). I've had to learn Inverness weather from scratch - but, now I understand, I think? ;)

Oh I don't know mate. More reliable for snow... If someone or something smashes those mountains down. :mellow:

Have you ever considered a career at the MetO? ;)

Me? I do detect Phil B and Phil M as well as one, me, the one and only, Phil UK! :cray: But in all seriousness, it's all looking set for some beefy stuff later on. I'll probably miss out so back to Jane Louises's NSC. (That said, she might resign if what I think is going to happen will happen. Hmmm!)

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Some heavy and large showers heading my way, could be interesting :mellow:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Few drops of rain here now.

Posted

I think we'll get a slap on the wrists soon for the lack of convection talk on this thred lol.

Convection convection convection

Posted
Yeah, you see these grow from babies then they leave home like kids do and move on :mellow:

You know, that's a pretty good analogy, except babies are predictable when born to do the things they do like eat, drink, wet, s***, Tut vomit and grow, then move on. If lucky, you see it all as it/they progress.

I'll keep that in mind. :cray:

Phil. (Nice convection! Be back soon!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.
I think we'll get a slap on the wrists soon for the lack of convection talk on this thred lol.

Convection convection convection

I'm on the edge of a very heavy shower here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D
it's all looking set for some beefy stuff later on. I'll probably miss out so back to Jane Louises's NSC. (That said, she might resign if what I think is going to happen will happen. Hmmm!)

Phil.

Lol Phil,if only! I doubt a storm will happen here :mellow: .Tis raining at the moment so I will keep me fingers crossed :cray:

Posted
LOL well after completing my access to nursing next June I'm hoping to get in to uni to do a social work course, but I was actually thinking earlier that I'd like to be a weather gal ;) I'd just look on here to see whats going on then forecast it hehe. I'm sure I could do a damn site better than METO...kidding before all you METO fans jump on me :mellow: oh it's actually raining real rain now not the lame attempts we've had recently, METO could be on to something for once lol.

Even at my immense age (874 years) I have to move on in life...I have started a TEFL course, so that I can follow my 'best friend in the whole world' to Latvia. There, I will see some spectacular weather - I hope. Because the increasingly snowless winters here depress me. :cray:

Is that pic on your avatar really you? :D

Posted
Even at my immense age (874 years) I have to move on in life...I have started a TEFL course, so that I can follow my 'best friend in the whole world' to Latvia. There, I will see some spectacular weather - I hope. Because the increasingly snowless winters here depress me. :mellow:

Is that pic on your avatar really you? :cray:

Welll I hope so otherwise my mirrors are playing tricks on me lol

Ed: They say the Brits are famous for moaning, no storms, bunk winters phhhtttt!!! Kidding

Edited by jo200199

Posted
Reading through todays posts looking to see what conditions are like in other areas! Silly me :mellow:

LOL, are we clogging the thread??? lol It's raining here.

Posted
LOL, are we clogging the thread??? lol It's raining here.

LOL dry here but not for long I dont think, got some hefty showers heading my way by the looks of things <_<

Posted
North West Wales is a good breeding ground with some good convection but it seems that everywhere else enjoys the storms - EG Last week thunderstorms formed here and then further East and North seemed to enjoy them =)

It was last week 2 days in a row west no thundery showers here though.

This was the pic that I took last wednesday with mid-level turretts when the storm clouds also lined up in the west. <_<

Posted
LOL dry here but not for long I dont think, got some hefty showers heading my way by the looks of things <_<

I somewhat think these showers may miss dorset as there moving east but also NE unless more develop near you.