Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
Is it raining in the Stoke-on-Trent area?

Rain gone lighter here but still dark1

Karyo

No, just a few spots in the air. Looked certain to be hit from the radar but we managed to avoid this one like all the others :doh:

Posted
MEGA RAIN NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Rochdale looks like its gonna get slammmed any moment! Anyone here any thunder there?

oooh were direct north of nottingham, we should get what your getting in about an hour, will probably be heavier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
oooh were direct north of nottingham, we should get what your getting in about an hour, will probably be heavier

:o yeah, it will probably develop a tornado as well! as we either miss everything or the light showers we get turn into super-cells once they leave city limits! :doh:

Let me know if you get any thunder with it, as I am still super-glued to the window with my ear-in-cup in hope to get just a distant rumble! Rain has lightened to moderate now, nice burst we had though, lots of bubbles in the gutters as the rain torrented down the road!

Posted
:o yeah, it will probably develop a tornado as well! as we either miss everything or the light showers we get turn into super-cells once they leave city limits! :doh:

Let me know if you get any thunder with it, as I am still super-glued to the window with my ear-in-cup in hope to get just a distant rumble! Rain has lightened to moderate now, nice burst we had though, lots of bubbles in the gutters as the rain torrented down the road!

Sferics almost non-extistant. You might hear a rumble.

Posted
No, just a few spots in the air. Looked certain to be hit from the radar but we managed to avoid this one like all the others :doh:

Thanks Dave,

it's gone lighter here too.

Don't worry, there are decent possibilities for the weekend and early next week so plenty chances to come!

Karyo

Posted

Thunder and very heavy rain here. Not that impressive strike rate but still some nice rumbles.

Posted

Wont get any lighning from the main band, the new showers that have formed over east yorkshire conatin a lot of lighning and thunder.

Posted

Temp has now hit 24c here in hull with a dew of 17.2, looking very promising indeed for this afternoon as the sun is coming out now

I think you guys should read this (its no where near over yet) more to come!;

From Estofex

"In general the same for E-/CNTRL-UK, where stronger shear ought to offset weaker buoyancy, so multicell storms are possible. Isolated flash flooding and large hail are the main hazard. Prolonged period of divergence at high levels, weak surface 'trough' and the slow eastward progression of the surface front could locally yield a favorable environment for isolated spots to see repeated thunderstorm development both in the prefrontal airmass and during the passage of the front, which could locally increase flash flood risks."

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Wont get any lighning from the main band, the new showers that have formed over east yorkshire conatin a lot of lighning and thunder.

typical.... :doh:

saying that, dont want to be a spoiled sport, so I am super happy for WS Evolution! Those cells look quite nice! Brightening up here at the mo' though still raining. At least its weather! I love the sun and heat, but I was so bored of the same thing everyday!!! Glad to have some tropical rain!!

Posted
Temp has now hit 24c here in hull with a dew of 17.2, looking very promising indeed for this afternoon as the sun is coming out now

I think you guys should read this (its no where near over yet) more to come!;

"In general the same for E-/CNTRL-UK, where stronger shear ought to offset weaker buoyancy, so multicell storms are possible. Isolated flash flooding and large hail are the main hazard. Prolonged period of divergence at high levels, weak surface 'trough' and the slow eastward progression of the surface front could locally yield a favorable environment for isolated spots to see repeated thunderstorm development both in the prefrontal airmass and during the passage of the front, which could locally increase flash flood risks."

:doh: DONT GET MY HOPES UP!!!! LOL!!!!!! I'm trying to come to terms that I will never-ever get a storm here! (OK- I lied, Notts got about 5 claps of thunder and a few lightnings in May during the storm that hit Derby like 10 miles away with insane lightning. I know I shouldn't moan!!!!!! lol!!)

Good to hear that post anyway!! I like to have hope no matter how miniscule, or soul destroying it may be :o

Looks like a nice line is developing near Northhampton/ Birmingham.

Posted

For areas further North and North West encouraging signs now on the radar with some stronger echoes now from Suffolk accross to Cambs, these have gone up in the last 20-30 minutes and should grow upscale into Thunderstorms in the next 4-6 hours. Places like Lincs, Notts, E Mids, Humber, E Yorks, W Norfolk should be in for quite a show this afternoon.

Paul S

Posted
For areas further North and North West encouraging signs now on the radar with some stronger echoes now from Suffolk accross to Cambs, these have gone up in the last 20-30 minutes and should grow upscale into Thunderstorms in the next 4-6 hours. Places like Lincs, Notts, E Mids, Humber, E Yorks, W Norfolk should be in for quite a show this afternoon.

Paul S

THANKS MAN YOU ROCK!, THANKS FOR CONFIRMING, ILL POST A CRATE OF STELLA FOR YOU THIS AFTERNOON!

Edited by Lewis

Posted

Paul S

:drunk: :lol: :lol: :clap::clap:

I HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTTINGHAM NEEDS A STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON STORMS PLEASE!!!! OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THATS HOLY!! PLEASE HIT NOTTINGHAM!!!! (sound of running and slamming of front door to go and scream in the street and shoot missles at the Notts sheild)

Posted
:drunk: :lol: :lol: :clap::clap:

I HOPE YOUR RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTTINGHAM NEEDS A STORM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON STORMS PLEASE!!!! OH FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING THATS HOLY!! PLEASE HIT NOTTINGHAM!!!! (sound of running and slamming of front door to go and scream in the street and shoot missles at the Notts sheild)

and then do a mid-afternoon detour towards Maidstone :p no i know it won't happen! :(

Posted
hello everyone, can someone be kind enough and tell me if sth lincs will be in for any storms today,

Certainly possible within the next 3hrs.

Feeling tropical here at the moment with dewpoints of 19C and humidity at 90%. There are some showers which have developed to the S of me and im expecting these to intensify and track NW towards our region.

Posted
hello everyone, can someone be kind enough and tell me if sth lincs will be in for any storms today,

yes :lol: as long as your not tooo far west.

Posted

wooo

Heavy and thundery showers are expected to spread across southeast Scotland this afternoon and evening. Up to 30mm could fall locally.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the latest Scottish Environment Protection Agency Live Flood Warning Information, and also to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1137 Fri 3 Jul

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/...t_warnings.html

but only one prob the dew pont is to low

Edited by Stuart

Posted

got a few forks here and a gd few rumbles 2 in the past 5 mins here! hopefully, it`ll b gd later on!

*now its raining quite heavily*

Edited by acchos

Posted

very intense storm passing over here... must be some flooding about, lots of standing water on the roads. Water starting to get under the front door! Plenty of thunder although none for a few minutes.

Posted

Do you think any of the really intesnse storms will pass through here, we are close to east yorkshire :lol:

Posted
Certainly possible within the next 3hrs.

Feeling tropical here at the moment with dewpoints of 19C and humidity at 90%. There are some showers which have developed to the S of me and im expecting these to intensify and track NW towards our region.

thanks for that, i am in spalding so hoping that is not to far west. looking forward to a good storm, i