Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm/convective Discussion

Nick F

Posted
There's a few showers showing up on the radar across East Anglia now, they seem to be moving northeast.

There the ones to watch out for, they are likley to turn in to some big storms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, and Snow.

Hello,

We've had a brief, moderate shower here which has left everything nice and wet.

It doesn't feel much better for it though. The showers do appear to be heading away in an NE direction.

Very Best Wishes,

Bob.

Posted

Yeah I am actually wondering if the Cold Front has advanced further East now and is pushing them away to the North East. Maybe Nick F will put some charts up as I see him lurking ??

Paul S

Posted

Nothing much really to speak of here so far. Had a short burst of heavy rain earlier which deposited 3.6mm, but nothing thundery.

Quite humid now though, 21.7C with a dewpoint of 18.4C. So maybe later.

Edited by reef

A line of heavy precip has also developed near Birmingham, heading NNE towards my location. Wondered if perhaps it could turn thundery during the next hour or so.

Anyone from Brum getting drenched from this shower?

Edited by CAPE-steve

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!
Very dark here, raining, only one loud crack of thunder so far :lol:

It looks like you're about to get clobbered by the storm that hit York an hour or so ago. Should have some sferics with that!

Posted
Yeah I am actually wondering if the Cold Front has advanced further East now and is pushing them away to the North East. Maybe Nick F will put some charts up as I see him lurking ??

Paul S

Yeah just looked at the latest satelite imagery, a few hours ago it showed cells and also cloud formation pushing NNW, now its showing it pushing NE within the past hour. So i can confirm the cold front has has advanced further East.

Ill keep an eye on the radar during the next hour.

lewis

Edited by Lewis

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Paul S

Estimated current position of fronts and troughs - based on 12z surface analysis:

post-1052-1246621209_thumb.png

Quite a few sferics over North Yorks on Atd - especially over the N York Moors, also over SW Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

Anyone near leicester to report if that line of precip has any thunder with it?? I look to get hit by it in the next 1/2 hour or so.. Stopped raining and quite murkey out now

Posted
Estimated current position of fronts and troughs - based on 12z surface analysis:

post-1052-1246621209_thumb.png

Quite a few sferics over North Yorks on Atd - especially over the N York Moors, also over SW Scotland.

lol whilst you was writing i made this, messy i know :lol: , i didnt need the GFS just sat imagery. You can clearly see whats happening.

post-2644-1246621674_thumb.png

Umm if the flow is changing then, will the stuff slight WSW of me now turn more NNE?

Posted

that ppn has just past over burton on trent wasnt thundery but the rain was quite heavy looks like it might intensify whilst moving north rain just stopping here now

Posted

OMG...Cracker of a storm forabout 40mins just now. Huge bangs and flashes :D pretty imense stuff

Nah....Just kidding, just wondered what it was like to post after such an event :lol:

Edited by jo200199

Posted
OMG...Cracker of a storm forabout 40mins just now. Huge bangs and flashes :D pretty imense stuff

Nah....Just kidding, just wondered what it was like to post after such an event :D

LOL!!!!! I was just reading your post and was ???????? :lol: I couldn't find a drop or rain on radar! lol!!! Yeah- wish I could report an even like that :D

Posted
that ppn has just past over burton on trent wasnt thundery but the rain was quite heavy looks like it might intensify whilst moving north rain just stopping here now

Just had that too, but the odd rumble of thunder here (not lightening though).

Still pouring down, and ground is (thankfully) quite saturated. Been needing this ppn all week.

Posted

getting dark to my southwest now :lol:

Posted
LOL!!!!! I was just reading your post and was ???????? :lol: I couldn't find a drop or rain on radar! lol!!! Yeah- wish I could report an even like that :D

At least I still have my sense of humour, even if I have run out of convection patience :D

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Thunder in the distance coming this way.. wow in for some intense rain or what..!!

Posted

lol, its finally just starting to rain here. Its taken what, more than 14hours for the front to move the final 40 miles here...

Posted

that band has finally hit us. Raining now, but no thunder either over here :lol: Looks like this was my last chance for storms today. Unless something explosive happens (yeah right) I dont see anymore storms for today. Have fun with the ones your getting up in NE England and Scotland!

Posted
lol, its finally just starting to rain here. Its taken what, more than 14hours for the front to move the final 40 miles here...
still not a drop here, radars showing precip right over me but I don't think its reaching the ground. Never seen that happen before...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

First East Anglian showers just passed us - steady rain, heavy for a while. Thought I heard the faintest rumble of thunder but not sure - the heaviest ppn. was to East and West of my location. Getting brighter now, still muggy, but more perhaps to come.