Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

Posted
TERRIBLE storm here in sussex, loads of lightening, purple really bad.

now theres loads of rain very bad!!!!

Thats very good!!!

Just started raining hard here, heard one distant rumble, but boy has it gone dark!!!

• Replies 909
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
dont know about you GS.but the ground here wont take much more rain.

it's never dried out from the cell that hit us 15 days ago. :)

Ground is wet from the earlier rainfall we had here but we certainly didnt have that much rain compare to other parts of Tyneside it would seem, 5mins of heavy big rain drops followed by light-moderate rain, my back garden didnt even had a puddle which tells me not alot of rain has fallen today.

It would seem though if tomorrow's 'event' is as bad as its predicted, then flooding will most certainly happen around the region tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells n snow

To be honest, I don't know why I damn well bother. French imports either dissipate if they're moving in a straight northerly direction head on towards me. But if they're not dissipating, they're moving towards Kent like ALWAYS. There will be damn all here tonight as per usual.

No hail, no torrential rain even, no lightning or frequent lightning, no supercells nothing. Boring boring moderate rain right now who cares?

It's typical of French imports they generally move north-easterly into Kent so Places like Bucks and west london and Oxfordshire get damn all in the way of lightning and convective storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

A deep rumble every minute or so, a few flashes as well, but nothing too spectacular over here. Pretty high-level stuff as well.

t seems there's more exciting things going on South of here, so London, brace yourself!!

Posted
Ground is wet from the earlier rainfall we had here but we certainly didnt have that much rain compare to other parts of Tyneside it would seem, 5mins of heavy big rain drops followed by light-moderate rain, my back garden didnt even had a puddle which tells me not alot of rain has fallen today.

It would seem though if tomorrow's 'event' is as bad as its predicted, then flooding will most certainly happen around the region tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will stay safe.

im meaning the flashfloods, that hit areas around consett 2 weeks ago.

we still arnt over them in places.

i'm very nervous about tomorrow.we are bang in the derwent valley.it's much worse since the new houses and roads were built.

Posted

Main problem for the NE is that the Pennines have had wet month already and wont absorb much of this rain.

160mm already for the month at nearest Meto station to me at Copley.

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Posted

Some light rain here as a cell move just to the west of my location it seems. Not a lot behind it as a dry slot comes through but after that there is anoher line of storms moving through which look quite potent for now, hopefully they can keep that strength. Behind that is another region of storms that have blown up.

Have to say there is a lot more behind the intial wave of storms then was expected from the looks of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but dull cloud

4 good flashes and rumbles... pretty good for around here i tell you, and i'm on the 'right' side of London with my S facing window for once!! :)

Bang! make that five :]

Posted

Raining here in Bexleyheath with a couple of rumbles of thunder :)

Wasnt expecting anything tonight - and certainly not this early. Am well chuffed :)

Posted
Raining here in Bexleyheath with a couple of rumbles of thunder :)

Wasnt expecting anything tonight - and certainly not this early. Am well chuffed :)

That usually bodes well for me here :)

Posted
4 good flashes and rumbles... pretty good for around here i tell you, and i'm on the 'right' side of London with my S facing window for once!! :)

Bang! make that five :]

Took the power out here enough to knock sky boxes / routers etc offline :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder & Lightning, Snow, Wind

kicking off to the east of crawley now..... some good HD footage going up on my youtube account

Posted

Flood watch already for NE England, just shows how a lot of this rain is going straight in to rivers already.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homea...;term=Northeast

Mark

Teesdale,Co Durham

Edited by Tucco