Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

Posted

Feel sorry for you guys in the south west....its nice and sunny here in Essex....just having a BBQ waiting in anticipation of these possible storms tonight... :)

The webcam at Le Harve is showing great pictures hopefully it will catch pictures of the lightening they must be getting quite soon

Posted

are those cells over the channel heading towards the south east or will they track more northerly towards south central england ?

Posted
are those cells over the channel heading towards the south east or will they track more northerly towards south central england ?

south central england!

Posted

getting a bit nerved by that dry slot starting to appear over somerset and southern wales, seems to be expanding,splitting the rain band into two by the looks.

Posted
getting a bit nerved by that dry slot starting to appear over somerset and southern wales, seems to be expanding,splitting the rain band into two by the looks.

yea i can see that :)

Posted
Now that really does sound more promising!

Reminds me of the first batch of 2007 floods.

GFS rainfall

Current chart looks about right.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn064.png

Very heavy in Wales it was mentioned it could be thundery on the Wales forecast,so the SE looks lively.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn124.png

WET WET WET.

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn184.png

http://91.121.93.17/pics/Rtavn244.png

Light east wind now with rain. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Once again over re-acting on the warnings for this part of the world. Currently dry, after 7.7mm of rain. I think I will get some more rain later, but not worth the warnings.

I bet I would'nt get more than 14mm of rain from this event, and I think that will be the case.

Posted

rain is getting heavier again here! i reckon worcestershire has racked up a good amount of rainfall these last couple of hours

Posted

Wow check out that radar now! IOW Lightning thingy! Gonna miss us but good for the East Hants/West Sussex.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters
Once again over re-acting on the warnings for this part of the world. Currently dry, after 7.7mm of rain. I think I will get some more rain later, but not worth the warnings.

I bet I would'nt get more than 14mm of rain from this event, and I think that will be the case.

Yep things do seem to be over hyped continually for this part of the world of late. Its already stopped raining here and the birds are singing again.

Posted

Cells developing quite nicely still in the channel and destablisation happening over France, though anything developing over France now will likely either just catch Kent or move off into the low countries.

Decent looking cell heading NE into IoW right now as well, pretty sharp looking radar returns though whether or not its that severe is another question, depends on how high based they are.

Posted
do you know if the storms will be hitting se london tonight

im no expert but at a guess i would say u are a little too far east to catch those storms! i might be wrong tho!

Posted
Yep things do seem to be over hyped continually for this part of the world of late. Its already stopped raining here and the birds are singing again.

i agree with you guys, clearly that dry slot is rapidly making its way northwards, and that could be almost the total amount of rain that we get this time round, the rest could well be just light and patchy. i think the east are in for the real fun tonight.

Posted

i'll have no nails left at this rate :)

been waiting and watching storm after storm being deflected by the great reading storm shield.

there does seem to be a slight northward track but i'm not convinced it will be enough to give me a light show.

those greedy londoners will probably get it all again.

Posted

mostly clear in sw london. very calm at ground level, much more movement at cloud level. we have round 1 moving in, but i'm cautious still about what the SE might get. we'll know in about 3/4 hrs

Posted

well it hasn't been overhyped for my area! Alot of rain has been falling here and still is! we have flooding up our road!

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

OMG

Looks like i might have to get my canoe out and Waders for tomorrow morning, i can see alot of flooding around the North East tomorrow

post-4475-1247769263_thumb.png

I have already recorded 71.4mm this month so far after 16 days, looks like i could go into triple figures by tomorrow night

Wettest month so far this year

Edited by stormchaser1

Posted

Whoevers in the line of this better get ready post-8968-1247769461_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Would back up the reports from Hereford and Worcester Rain from 11.30 till 3ish, then light for a couple of hours and then about 5pm its been raining moderatly with bursts of very heavy rain...... not really stopped since 11.30. However probs only a few more hours of this untill the dry slot (its more like a oval!) over cardiff now come north over us. THe intresting thing is what kind of weather is behind that "slot" as thats where the storms look to be.

For the record local stations already showing 13mm with another few hours to come we shall be at an inch or so I reckon?

Edited by SalopWatcher

Posted
OMG

Looks like i might have to get my canoe out and Waders for tomorrow morning, i can see alot of flooding around the North East tomorrow

post-4475-1247769263_thumb.png

I have already recorded 71.4mm this month so far after 16 days, looks like i could go into triple figures by tomorrow night

Wettest month so far this year

Just about make it into the green bit hopfully a bit further south