Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thursday / Friday Storm Discussion

Posted

Lightning just hit the primay school right beside my house! Lucky theres a lightning conductor on the building and no damage seems to have been done by bloody hell I think I've had a heart attack! Can't stop shaking.

Posted
Lightning just hit the primay school right beside my house! Lucky theres a lightning conductor on the building and no damage seems to have been done by bloody hell I think I've had a heart attack! Can't stop shaking.

Nice! Can see that one on the radar, there is also a cell just gone up around the Ayr area which will head this way. Quite a few cells seem to be firing up in the area, can see CB's in 2 or 3 directions out the window :huh:

Posted

omg! fantastic! :) wish i was there with ya!

i would say the rain is falling light to moderate now! it was only bouncing off the pavements for a couple of mins :huh:

Posted

I dont suppose somebody can help, i have Netweather Xtra, but on the Radar, which HPA Wind Vectors should i be looking at for the precip?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted

rain is getting heavier again!

this rain has only been falling a short while and it is really wet outside! these clouds must be packed with moisture/precip whatever call it :huh: :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Doesnt look like the worst will hit SE England anymore? Looks like the the usual hotspots like Belguim could get it perhaps? :)

rain is getting heavier again!

this rain has only been falling a short while and it is really wet outside! these clouds must be packed with moisture/precip whatever call it :huh: :)

There is alot of heavy rain coming our way. Nothing thundery though. :)

Posted
Nice! Can see that one on the radar, there is also a cell just gone up around the Ayr area which will head this way. Quite a few cells seem to be firing up in the area, can see CB's in 2 or 3 directions out the window :)

Oh my god I think I've just died and went to heaven, its only thrown out three bolts but they were freaking close! The first one was about a mile behind the house, the second one two or three in front of us and the last one was only fifty or so. I'm glad I was watching from the inside! I think I need a cup of tea now. The cells done though its completely fragmented now, can see three huge CBS to the SE over by Renfrew Way. Few to the SW near Irvine by the looks of it.

omg! fantastic! :) wish i was there with ya!

i would say the rain is falling light to moderate now! it was only bouncing off the pavements for a couple of mins :huh:

I've never been that close before.

Rains stopped here just about, but the view is getting good plenty of Cbs around, god was NOT expecting this today!

Posted

Just came back from the south coast (worthing) and loads of blue sky all afternoon but about 4:30pm loads of cloud rolled in from the West. Im now back in land in Billingshurst near Horsham sussex and its cloudy with a few sunny spells.NO SIGN OF ANYTHING EXCITING!! :huh: (YET!)

Edited by Westsussex1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
not liking the 12z much, the usual eastward shift has started on the GFS :huh: Might just be an east Kent clipper again :)

ESTOFEX say severe MCS will move into Belgium too

As always with storm development, best not take GFS's precipitation progs too literally - even at this close range, they can be prone to error with convective situations. 12z UKMO develops an area of convective rainfall over Cherbourg Peninsula this evening which then moves NE across SE England by midnight as cold front swings NE - though even this maybe too fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms
Why the :) for the SE? There loss, not ours :huh: On a serious note though, we may need to get some boats, apparently there's a storm brewing to our SW, could be some heavy rain in the next few hours. Oh and what do you know, big drops of rain already, better get that boat.

Lol i could be like that but even for me i find it annoying the charts still change this late. But hey thats the weather for you and Britain!

Posted
Lol i could be like that but even for me i find it annoying the charts still change this late. But hey thats the weather for you and Britain!

well i think its true for many situations, you can get forecasts to provide you with a rough outline of rainfall amounts, and the track of the system, but these arent always correct, and as has happened many times in the past, the rain has changed its intensity/route at the last minute. the rule is ALWAYS that the radar ultimately decides.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

:huh: :) Sorry Could Not Resist

:) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! :) That's ace!!!! Bang on humor that, I'm still laughing! :)

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

Well after a glorious morning, the heavens opened , and boy did they open, around !515hrs this afternoon we had torrential rain, and en a clap of thunder, and lightning. When i arrived home in Gosforth, i checked my rain gauge and i had recorded 12.5mm rain in between 1515 and now, Roads are flooded all over the North East, and it looks as though we are going to get worse tomorrow morning

nigel

Posted

Cells developing now in NW France, pretty much on time given the moels estimates. Will be interesting to watch them in the next hour or two to see just how widespread the cells become, hopefully we will see good expansion of the cells. Regardless its good news for imports into the SE.

Posted
Why the :) for the SE? There loss, not ours :huh: On a serious note though, we may need to get some boats, apparently there's a storm brewing to our SW, could be some heavy rain in the next few hours. Oh and what do you know, big drops of rain already, better get that boat.

i just love extreme weather of anykind weather it be snow, wind, heatwaves, rain and thunderstorms. mypersonal favs are thunderstorms and very severe wind (hurricanes) :)

stillraining quiet heavy here but i would say its moderate atm,alot of rain drops coming down! very wet on the roads

Posted

I dont suppose somebody can help, i have Netweather Xtra, but on the Radar, which HPA Wind Vectors should i be looking at for the precip?

Thanks,

Rob

Posted
Cells developing now in NW France, pretty much on time given the moels estimates. Will be interesting to watch them in the next hour or two to see just how widespread the cells become, hopefully we will see good expansion of the cells. Regardless its good news for imports into the SE.

*says a silent prayer*

:huh:

Posted

Sferics now detected on that cell near Ayr (and Turnberry)

http://meteocentre.com/lightning/map_sfuk....mp;type=density

Not sure if i want to bother taking a drive down that direction, traffic will be pretty bad i would expect!

Posted

i dont like to say heavy rain unless im absolutely sure! but yes! the rain is bouncing off the ground so its heavy here now! its really coming down fast :huh: