Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wednesday's Storm/Low Pressure Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

20mm rain seems the figure for most local stations today, making it the wettest this month.

Nothing of course compared to 2007, where we had over 100mm, but nevertheless a very rainy, at least consistently wet day.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

My thoughts entirely!

Who would actually want to see 70mm fall in their back yard? Certainly not me after July 2007 where 111mm fell in 1 day after a model forecast of 100mm.

I would love 100mm. :clap:

A paltry 13mm today, at least we had some torrential stuff this morning with 7mm in an hour. At least also I have recorded 210mm this month!

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

Got quite heavy rain starting up again here and just had a rather loud rumble of thunder too followed by a quieter rumble a few moments later - hadn't heard anything before this today.

Posted

I got lightning from an intensifying shower to the West, quite bright lightning as it's so dark!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Some heavy showers passing through this morning. One dropped 3.4mm in 10mins.

Posted

there's a sferic over Newhaven on the ATD on today's total strikes, but I don't remember seeing it there before? :)

Must have been an anomaly as it was dead quiet here all night?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I hear your frustrations MW!! I said yesterday before I logged off that was bound to happen (as in the Law of Sod) and did it....of course it did!!

In fact, the lightning was so bright last night, it was lighting up my room WITH THE BLINDS DOWN AND CLOSED!! It was really quite incredible - considering as you can see from this radar grab, the storms were in the channel, over 60 miles away!!

I went outside the see where the lightning was coming from, and the sky was virtually clear, with bits and pieces of cloud around. I could not fathom out where the flashing was coming from (blinds had still been down at this point). Then this flash from a previously invisibly cloud lit up everything...made me jump to say the least!

I then laid in bed watching the lightning as the storms moved past - was really quite awesome to watch.

post-3790-12489404445344_thumb.png

Posted

I could actually see the Tops of the Clouds lighting up at about 1230am last night, but they must have been at least 75 Miles away and somewhere in Between Kent and France at that time.

Gave us just heavy rain and no thunder or Lightning anywhere near here.

Still I saw Lightning which makes that the 6th week in a row since 15th June!

Paul S