Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wednesday's Storm/Low Pressure Discussion

Posted

11mm here already, since 8.30am, torrential rain. Usually around here we having flooding problems after about an inch of rain, so this could be a long day.

Looks awful out there and I have to go to town shortly.

Posted

Raining here but not that heavy at the moment hoping that second lot of rain will pass more over this area is it all slowly moves east along a NE front.

Raining alot heavyer now.

Edited by weathercoxy

Posted

Won't take long though will it Dogs....Look at the radar in the southwest across Cornwall at present, heading straight for our areas. Looks worrying.

yes I been keeping my eye on that...Got to remember though that July 2007 the system pivoted over these area's giving us an almighty deluge But I dont think thats going to happen this time.

But still a heavy deluge on the way might cause a few probs..

EDIT

Hi Lynxus....

Personally I dont think any Storm's here but lots of rain..

But Im far from an expert :)

Just like the front page says...heavy thundery at times

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Light drizzle at the moment.

Lets hope that something happens later..

Dogs , what do you think for today?

the frontpage says this bit of rain will be like this then we should see "waves" of heavy thundery rain..

From what it says it sounds like wales will get it then it moves east and midlands will get it, then east. ( Sounds like it will miss us? )

Any thoughts form anyone else?

Posted

The track of this rain matches the gfs charts well but not the forecasts even heavyer the rain now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

It's been raining here for a while but mostly light so far.

Same here, looking at the radar, Cornwall is getting some fairly heavy stuff, which must be what we should be getting later.

Edited by SteveB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

pretty persistant rain here in Notts since about 9am. Getting heavier as well. Yesterday we weren't forcast to get anything but some showers, but the radar is looking like we might get the bulk of this initial mass coming northeast. Deffo yucky weather out there, makes me super chuffed to be working from home biggrin.gif

Posted

Same here, looking at the radar, Cornwall is getting some fairly heavy stuff, which must be what we should be getting later.

Since my last post the rain has become heavier, and the wind is getting stronger.

Posted

Since my last post the rain has become heavier, and the wind is getting stronger.

fairly persistant moderate to heavy rain, with probably about 5mm so far today. the rain is fairly light at the moment across the severn estuary and down into somerset, but the mass in cornwall will probably make its way northwards sometime soon, and it doesnt look pretty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Looks as though this area will see the heavy rain, in excess of 2inches in one or two locations and a wide area of this area getting between half to one inch [12 to 25mms] Looks as though two areas of developing small troughs will develop along this waving front which will slow its progress east....

post-6830-1248861727516_thumb.png

post-6830-12488617498036_thumb.png

Posted

Cardiff is having persistant moderate rain at this tim but the radar shows much heavier rain moving North.

The ground in alot of areas is fairly saturated so if any torrential falls occur then problems will be likely.

Hereford is one area that looks likely to get some disruption but not unusual there due to topography.

Posted

Rain has started to set in here.

Looks like we could be in for a very wet day, also yesterdays rain started to flood the streets and drains around here so we may have to watch out for flooding today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

To use a technical term, todays weather here will be mostly 'pants'..lol....Steady rain since about 8:30am, and the radar suggests there's plenty more to come...Think I'll stay indoors today and put the fire on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Bits of sunshine/blue sky here now - just thought I'd throw it in to the "it's raining raining raining thread"...plus of course sunshine may boost convective chances also :girl_devil:

Posted

BBC earlier reported a Tornado on the Isle of Lewis last night which upturned Cars, aswell as a Waterspout being seen off the Bristol Channel earlier today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Rained all morning here though nothing too heavy but thats to come later.

Posted

BBC earlier reported a Tornado on the Isle of Lewis last night which upturned Cars, aswell as a Waterspout being seen off the Bristol Channel earlier today.

"A Mini Tornado"

I mean come on. It flipped cars over? How much damage does a tornado have to do to become a "Tornado" and not a damn mini tornado.

Really irritates me when the BBC consistently use the word MINI or FREAK for any form of weather that isnt Drizzle!.

</rant>

Posted

Rained all morning here though nothing too heavy but thats to come later.

reports from west brom are suggesting about 5mm of rain today so far. looks like it blizzards yes, but im wondering if itll lose intensity, because the darker reds down in cornwall and devon seem to be fading somewhat from that band of rain. do you think it will regain intensity? looks like a lot of light-moderate rain to come beforehand.

Posted

very heavy rain in newquay.

http://www.harbourhotel.co.uk/webcam.html