Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wednesday's Storm/Low Pressure Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

reports from west brom are suggesting about 5mm of rain today so far. looks like it blizzards yes, but im wondering if itll lose intensity, because the darker reds down in cornwall and devon seem to be fading somewhat from that band of rain. do you think it will regain intensity? looks like a lot of light-moderate rain to come beforehand.

I wouldnt be surprised if things intensified more later.

Yesterday was a good example. The majority of yesterdays rain was light to moderate but yesterday we went through the only downpour in the band of rain and had developed out of no where in it. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

i cannot see the rain? the quality isnt good enough

The quality is good enough, A minute ago you could hardly see the harbour .

Teh hills in teh distance are normally clear also. So its still raining, Just not as hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

The quality is good enough, A minute ago you could hardly see the harbour .

Teh hills in teh distance are normally clear also. So its still raining, Just not as hard.

I can the SUN and BLUE SKIES!! Haha! Completely un-convective here at the moment :o

Here's hoping for some heating to kick start something later

Edited by Harry

Posted

Prog'd position of the front by the end of the afternoon:

LOC_20090729_0900.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

Well Northamptonshire is on the periphery of all this wet weather so likely to escape the worst of the deluge.

The Met Office warnings look to be about right in terms of the worst affected areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

What we see on radar at the moment, is that it, or is it supposed to intensify?.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

12mm of rain since 8am, mainly moderate rain with the odd heavy burst, radar shows an area of lighter precip pushing NE into my neighbourhood, but looks like it will be shortlived, as there's heavier pulses further to the south west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Interestingly, water levels in drains and ditches in this part of the world are fairly high thanks to the relentlessly wet weather over the past week to ten days, so another soaking will start getting a few water management people a bit twitchy by tonight in our neck of the woods, I think. It'll be interesting to keep an eye on the Environment Agency flood warning pages as today unfolds. Here in Nottingham (I'm at Head Office today) it's been raining fairly lightly non-stop since around 8:15am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

As I am at work, I am not sure how much rain we have had this morning. But I would be suprised if it is more than 11-12mm's. Not sure who is going to get 70-100mm's.

Widely I would expect 20-30mm's. Maybe a very isolated spot recieving 40-45mm's.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

According the the nearest site I can find Gloucester has had 6mm of rain since midnight, so its been slow and steady. Given how little rain there has been here relative to other parts of the country this month Im not expecting too much problems due to flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Moderate/light rain here since this morning. About 10mm so far. I'm surprised there isn't a warning covering Gloucestershire because it looks like we could have some heavier rain moving up from Devon and Cornwall later.

According the the nearest site I can find Gloucester has had 6mm of rain since midnight, so its been slow and steady. Given how little rain there has been here relative to other parts of the country this month Im not expecting too much problems due to flooding.

Is that the great Tuffley weather station? http://www.jfmto.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

I either use that, nailsworthweather.co.uk or selsleyweather.co.uk when finding totals.

If you don't have it already, this map is a great link for finding weather stations: http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/aws_map.htm

Edited by 03jtrickey

Posted

It's still chucking it down here. and the latest radar image shows the rain just to my SW intensifying.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Moderate/light rain here since this morning. About 10mm so far. I'm surprised there isn't a warning covering Gloucestershire because it looks like we could have some heavier rain moving up from Devon and Cornwall later.

Is that the great Tuffley weather station? http://www.jfmto.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Current_Vantage_Pro.htm

I either use that, nailsworthweather.co.uk or selsleyweather.co.uk when finding totals.

If you don't have it already, this map is a great link for finding weather stations: http://www.weatherstations.co.uk/aws_map.htm

I used the weather station in Elmbridge as that is very close by to me http://www.severntales.co.uk/weatherdisplay.htm (which I notice has gone up to 7mm, 2mm over the last hour so getting heavier)

Posted

Is that the great Tuffley weather station? http://www.jfmto.pwp...Vantage_Pro.htm

If you don't have it already, this map is a great link for finding weather stations: http://www.weatherst....uk/aws_map.htm

Hi we have had 12.4mm so far and still rising rain is very heavy here and has been for a while iv also heard some rumbles of thunder in the last 30minits.

Posted

Louise Lear just spoke of at LEAST a couple of inches of rain in areas, according to ruler translates to between 50 and 60 millimetres. I am of the thought that the rain around at the moment will probably intensify as the afternoon goes on.

Probably only a sprinkling of drizzle for the SE/EA area later on. Even if it is heavy, it will probably swing through quite quickly.

Edited by Harry

Posted

IS it just me or os the line of heavy showers further east from the met offices warnings?

Places that are getting drenched have no warning and where it has a warning its just drizzle?

Posted

IS it just me or os the line of heavy showers further east from the met offices warnings?

Places that are getting drenched have no warning and where it has a warning its just drizzle?

meh its not exceptional weather here, just persistant moderate rain, about 10mm here.

Posted

does anyone know how long this rain is to hang about for? Im sat in a tent in newquay feeling wet and cold lol. i just want it to go away now its been raining heavy since last night.

Posted

does anyone know how long this rain is to hang about for? Im sat in a tent in newquay feeling wet and cold lol. i just want it to go away now its been raining heavy since last night.

looks to me like that heavy burst of rain is heading for the west midlands area, whereas i get the feeling in southern england the rain is moving away east, looks like the two bands are splitting

Posted

looks to me like that heavy burst of rain is heading for the west midlands area, whereas i get the feeling in southern england the rain is moving away east, looks like the two bands are splitting

so do you think late afternoon/ eve is going to maybe stop raining here or will it carry on ?

Posted

so do you think late afternoon/ eve is going to maybe stop raining here or will it carry on ?

im no expert but i would have thought early-mid evening

Posted

Well , i think today is a no show.

Just light rain me thinks. No thunder. No chance.

Posted

I cannot see the rain splitting, looks like there are just distinct pulses within the main band.

The heavier band on the SE'rn most edge seems to be trying to surge N with the rest of the band.