Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

No Snow here yet, still Sleet but more wintry than it was earlier.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Looks like main front has now past my location.

No lying snow but the radar shows plenty of hefty showers!

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

yes those showers coming down from northern scotland are all 15 mins between each other it could give some significant accumulations here when should they reach here? boards.ie ppl said i should expect 4 inches!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Are the hefty showers not still up in Scotland, didn't see any nearby as of yet on the radar, although can't get onto the Netweather 15min radar for some reason.

Rain/sleet stopped here, temps dipping quickly now, went down 1.5c in the last hour.

Posted

Are the hefty showers not still up in Scotland, didn't see any nearby as of yet on the radar, although can't get onto the Netweather 15min radar for some reason.

Rain/sleet stopped here, temps dipping quickly now, went down 1.5c in the last hour.

funny temps here rose to 1.0c this cloud better clear before these shwoers come or we will get no 4 inches of snow<_<

Posted

Hello just back from bloody christmas shopping in Cookstown, that was hell!

Anyway currently -1 here light snow shower earlier roads in Pomeroy are treacherous

lucky! the first snow showers are heading down here from scotland temp is 0.1c and i think there is a frost not sure worried incase there isnt, since we are so close to the snow event how much snow can i expect tonight?<_< (probably just 1cm)

Posted

yea its so exicting but worryig too aww it would be so good if we got snow like the north west of scotland is experiencing 5inches there or something? anyways that would be good.!!!!!

Posted

yea its so exicting but worryig too aww it would be so good if we got snow like the north west of scotland is experiencing 5inches there or something? anyways that would be good.!!!!!

You should be kicking off any time now FJ!

B)

Posted

You should be kicking off any time now FJ!

B)

yes first one arrived in antrim portrush/portstewart within the next 15-30 mins they should arrive here. what about you?

Posted

yes first one arrived in antrim portrush/portstewart within the next 15-30 mins they should arrive here. what about you?

They are coming.

I've a nice bottle of red opened and just chilling. I got all night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

no snow here yet, had 1mm of rain earlier, which washed away all the frost and ice. temp got up to 4.8c here today.was xmas shopping today, so couldnt keep up with things. looking very good for the next couple of days for snow. good luck people. :lol: :drinks: 1.2c here and falling with a dew point of 0.4c, so temps going in the right direction. ;)

Posted

well the first snow shower is just minutes away so ill have to keep checking now...... hopefully itll settle then if it does the business is on for tonight...... is it just me or have the showers started earlier than expected!:) EDit: eactualy probably around 10 minutes but is clear now which is good to keep the temp lower for the snow to settle went it defintely looks to be below 0c now everythig has dried up which is a sign its below 0c think car has frost raging if it dosnt settle

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

:):)

well the first snow shower is just minutes away so ill have to keep checking now...... hopefully itll settle then if it does the business is on for tonight...... is it just me or have the showers started earlier than expected!:)

hi frosty, keep me updated there, no snow here yet.

Posted

ugh just went outside and the ground is wet...... but the car has small totty totty graupel on it so it must have graupled earlier waiting to see hat happens when this snow comes sadly bound to settly some tim thought.........

Posted

0.9c and falling, dew point of 0.1c. its overcast but no moisture falling. i would preferthe skies to clear for a while and let temps plummet, and then for the snow showers to push in, so they would have a great chance of settling. thats just me being fussy. i think they would settle regardless as the ground temps are quite cold now, and it would take only one heavy snow shower for it to settle. :):)

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

well the shower is quite heavy here and is settling everywhere regardless of the ground being wet how weird!!!!!!!!! yay but its not completly covering everything yet! didnt last long ground temp must be very low......

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

just had a quick look at the lamp post, and light snow flurries now falling. excellent. its a start and looks promising. :):D

Posted

0.9c and falling, dew point of 0.1c. its overcast but no moisture falling. i would preferthe skies to clear for a while and let temps plummet, and then for the snow showers to push in, so they would have a great chance of settling. thats just me being fussy. i think they would settle regardless as the ground temps are quite cold now, and it would take only one heavy snow shower for it to settle. cold.gifsmile.gif

Still have temps of 7c in the far south. I dont think any potent showers will make it this far. Did they say something on the RTE forecast about coastal showers along the west (and SWrolleyes.gif ) coast? I hope so

Posted

Still have temps of 7c in the far south. I dont think any potent showers will make it this far. Did they say something on the RTE forecast about coastal showers along the west (and SWrolleyes.gif ) coast? I hope so

yes the west, the south west and north west will get the most frquent snow showers from tonight till monday.

snowing heavier now. :yahoo:

Posted

yes the west, the south west and north west will get the most frquent snow showers from tonight till monday.

snowing heavier now. good.gif

I hope so storm 10. Last snow here was 26th dec 2000mega_shok.gif

Posted

snow stopped here,ahh <_< didnt last long but it was snowing moderately for about 2 minutes. ground is starting to freeze over which will help any snow faliing settle. outdoor temp 0.8c and dew point of 0.0c. :wallbash:

I hope so storm 10. Last snow here was 26th dec 2000mega_shok.gif

check met eirann weather site. you will get all the details there, would be very surprised if you didnt get something wintry. -5hpa upper air will be over the whole country by tomorrow.