Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted

Warnings and watches for Northern Ireland for saturday woooo

Heavy snow. Icy Conditions

Heavy snow is forecast to affect Northern Ireland from Saturday afternoon and continuing into Sunday and possibly Monday. North and Eastern areas are expected to be the worst affected with 5 - 10 cm's at low levels (local falls of 15 - 20cms possible) and 10 - 20 cm's on high ground.

Travel disruption is expected. Further updates will be issued on 18/12/09 Please stay tuned to weather forecasts.

Weather watch

1 - 5 cm's is expected in South/West Areas. This may be subject to change we will keep a close eye on this.

Travel disruption is expected. Further updates will be issued on 18/12/09 Please stay tuned to weather forecasts.

Posted

Warnings and watches for Northern Ireland for saturday woooo

Heavy snow. Icy Conditions

Heavy snow is forecast to affect Northern Ireland from Saturday afternoon and continuing into Sunday and possibly Monday. North and Eastern areas are expected to be the worst affected with 5 - 10 cm's at low levels (local falls of 15 - 20cms possible) and 10 - 20 cm's on high ground.

Weather watch

1 - 5 cm's is expected in South/West Areas. This may be subject to change we will keep a close eye on this.

Have not posted all night .Just reading didnt have much to add to whats all ready been said

This is intresting Eastern Ireland.thought Western Ireland were in for snowier conditions??

Edited by cold snap

Posted

Just in from work and as i haven't got internet access in work i've been itching all day to know whats happening. Things still looking very good for the weekend. Nive to see some of you has seen some of the white stuff tonight. Was out for a smoke earlier in work and there was a short shower of hail and snow. Current conditions are very icey. Looking at the radar there seems to be a few hefty showers heading towards the Dublin/Wexford/Belfast areas. Anyway i hope you all see something in the coming days and who knows what we should expect in the coming weeks and months. Latest radar.

http://www.meteogroup.co.uk/uk/home/weather/radar/united_kingdom.html

Posted

Have not poated all night .Just reading didnt have much to add to whats all ready been said

This is intreting Eastern Ireland.thought Western Ireland were in for snowier conditions??

Not Eastern Ireland, it's the east of Northern Ireland. It apears Ulster will get most of the snow, per usual!

Today, the heavy rain of the afternoon gradually gave way to sleet and then there were light sleet and hail showers.

I don't have huge expectations of any snow for Dublin TBH. :)

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

I have come home to a really good covering of snow , about 2-3cm , totally unexpected!!

Still coming down in bucket loads , :(:(

Posted

Had a few snow showers here down near Larne Co. Antrim earlier at lower levels. Good covering already up Shanes hill near Ballymena.

Posted

Can i join the Tyrone crew :whistling:

No snow here in Dungannon but apparently there's some round Cookstown.

Have got the weekend off & am really looking forward to it....hope i'm not disappointed....more than me life's worth actually because i've got the kids all hyped up lol.

Posted

A balmy 2.7C here in coastal North Co. Dublin, almost half a mile inland.

A min so far of 2.4C in a recent clear break! :drinks: Quite windy also, with a sub zero dew point making it feel very cold.

Im not a big fan of easterlies at this location.

Its practically impossible to get frost, temps rarely get below zero, any snow never settles, and showers are mostly of soft hail.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

well tis -5.2c here and not expecting it to get above 0c and what is annoying is the meto is not forecasting any snow nor bbc for tomorrow night or day or even sunday....... but nw is!

Posted

Can i join the Tyrone crew biggrin.gif

Have got the weekend off & am really looking forward to it....hope i'm not disappointed....more than me life's worth actually because i've got the kids all hyped up lol.

Welcome fello Tyroniangood.gif Yes I know what you mean by hyping up the kids don't fear we will be ok

Posted

Can i join the Tyrone crew :yahoo:

Welcome aboard Sabriel!

I'm my own worst enemy for hyping myself up and those around me!

It's 0.5c here and the is a good dusting of snow on the ground.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

Posted

Welcome aboard Sabriel!

I'm my own worst enemy for hyping myself up and those around me!

It's 0.5c here and the is a good dusting of snow on the ground.

Brrrrrrrrrrrr!

how much?

Posted

Just enough to cover the gardens, roofs, pavements and untreated roads!

Heading up your way in an hour or so.

Gonna be listening to Terry Wogan's last every breakfast show this morning! :yahoo:

yea its prettty cold here everything is white! and its nearly -5.4c! whats the temps down there?

Posted

Ever so slightly above freezing. 0.3c now

ok thx again! maybe a -1c max that would be good!

edit: temp is now -3.4c! because of cloud and this cloud has no precipitation in it so its pointless todays max will be 3c today now!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

ok thx again! maybe a -1c max that would be good!

edit: temp is now -3.4c! because of cloud and this cloud has no precipitation in it so its pointless todays max will be 3c today now!

3c is still pretty cold. we have dropped to 0c but im sure we will rise to 3c through the day!

Im not too worried about today as its just a bonus to the main event on Sat / Sun.

Noted that BBC weather suggested this would be more sleet for NI :) :o

Posted

Met office has upgraded the rain for tomorrow to snow & Sleet showers, anyone with elevation will do alright out of this, Sunday looking especially good for us North of Meath!!

Agreed.

The problem at sea level is the dew points are just above freezing which indicates rain/sleet to start with and any snow will likely be wet and probably not stick.

Anything around 150 feet should be snow.

The colder air is digging in quickly behind the front however, and if it catches up, it could be snow for all.

Bitterly cold today and its hard to believe it wouldn't be snow for all.

Edited by mountain shadow