Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

shuggee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

Nothing here in Bangor yet, still dry and variable cloud coming in from the NorthEast. Chance of some wintry showers overnight, or (if we get lucky) a nice streamer developing. Nearest big risk will be tommorows shower band creeping down from the North, which hopefully arrives as night begins to fall.

band of precip to move south late afternoon tomorrow. strong feeling its gonna be snow. :good:

Posted

Had another shower here. Have about 1cm on grass/car/roofs/paths. Didnt think we would have any tonight. Looking forward to saturday/sunday

in Antrim Btw

Edited by jello

Posted

is it laying at all? hows the temps?

Im in East Belfast, Castlereagh Hills. Not lying at all, probably because it isn't to heavy.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

band of precip to move south late afternoon tomorrow. strong feeling its gonna be snow. :good:

i think itll lay too aswell as that as maxes are around 0c..... temp now is 0.8c cloud cleared but a very heavy streamer of snow is in belfast and has got larger overnight with another streamer comig in behind it maybe itll come here is that snow heavy in belfast it looks like it its been ther are good 2 hours......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

band of precip to move south late afternoon tomorrow. strong feeling its gonna be snow. drunk.gif

At the moment its a risky affair for me, still getting milder temps from the Sea..currently 3.2c

Still cold enough for snow mind as it will dip should a wintry/sleet/hail shower occur and the uppers are fine, dew point probably fine also.

Hopefully the transition from NE - NNW winds takes place before the Band encroaches, reducing some of that milder air mixed in from the Sea and making the event non-marginal for me. I'd like to think with the colder air already in situ for over 24hrs that it should be right side of marginal though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

its all looking very good, get the sledges ready. omg its only december. january and february to look forward to aswell. :good:

Posted

should any snow lie tonight if it comes because that is a very large streamer is it heavy in belfast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Well forecast is for scattered/isolated snow showers dying out in Eastern Coastal counties overnight, the main risk tommorow as Meto have produced only shows sleet in Northern coastal areas. AND, I Lol'd at this

ni_weather_20091217_060.gif

I don't know what happened to the map, but it shows rain for Northern Ireland saturday whistling.gif

Posted

Out walking the dog and some sleety snow fell, quite heavy for a period but didn't last long. Looking white at the top of Cavehill. I'm in North Belfast by the way.

Posted

Its snowing here now starting to lie to - where did that come from it was suppose to be dry here tonight currently -2!!

hey. can see that area of snow on nw radar. moving in my direction. doesnt look particularly heavy though? any updates on the situation?

Posted

hey. can see that area of snow on nw radar. moving in my direction. doesnt look particularly heavy though? any updates on the situation?

Shower has cleared away from here now. I think we only got the edge of the shower. A friend in West Belfast said they have a dusting. Amazing what 5 or so miles can do.

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)

Why has our location disappeared of our avatars?

Any chance you are in Pomeroy Pomeroysnow?

I would say that as there is a lot of activity on the board tonight some personal information may come across as limited to reduce resources.

Posted

What gave me away Dazza???

Errr... :)

Current stats for me over ere in Stewartstown:

Temp: 0.5°C

Dewpoint: 0.0°C

Wind speed: 0 mph (N/NW)

Windchill 0.5°C

Pressure: 1024.5 hPa (and steady)

Precip: Snow showers (some settling)

Edited by Dazza

Posted

Had yet another snow shower. got a covering. on grass etc. freezing cold here. very icy.

Posted

Im in East Belfast, Castlereagh Hills. Not lying at all, probably because it isn't to heavy.

Used to live not far from you BFS, in Mount Merrion.

Was in Belfast tonight and seemed to be getting quite a bit of snow but it wasn't lying. Heading out you could see the transition as I headed up the M2 hill section. Really is a different climate zone, that hill. Snow lying on the grass.

Another shower looks to be heading for ballyclare. Temp is 1.7c here and I convienently have moved to a house with a lamp post right outside the living room window!

Thankfully one of our kind neighbours has been out and gritted the road. I did it last time and was wondering if anyone else did it or was to become my job!

Posted

Living in the country we get no gritters or lampposts (why do I pay rates) instead the ever helpful road service leave grit occassionaly in random areas. I got fed up complaining last year. freezing hard here at present early snow didn't melt not that there was a lot of it.

Did you get any your way big lad?

Edited by Pomeroysnow

Posted

Looking forward to the weekend. Took my son out for a walk earlier, he's only 2, after we had a shower up in Glengormley and he loved it.

Will be icy in the morning as the streets are currently white. http://tinyurl.com/yf84uea