Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

the west country forecast was pathetic! Might get the odd flurry towards the end of the week but your better off going to Mc Donalds..wallbash.gif

That has put me in a downer mood...

Well, that was a 'next to nothing in terms of snow' forecast for us in BTL and the West from Mr Angwin just now!wallbash.gif

cray.gifcray.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Were we ever expecting any snow?

I didn't catch Spotlight but on the radio they were saying 3C and snow showers on Thursday and then 2C and clear on Friday

Posted

Snow Risk for the next 5 days in Cheltenham

Wednasday 45%

Thursday 65%

Friday 100%

Mine is very similar but i don't take much notice of the chances because not often is it correct.

It has give me a 30/40% chance since sunday and all i have seen is rain so far.

Posted

Mine is very similar but i don't take much notice of the chances because not often is it correct.

It has give me a 30/40% chance since sunday and all i have seen is rain so far.

yes I know what you mean...but its a rough idea...

can confirm on the hill there is sleet coming down..

Where I am bottom of the hill we have rain with the odd sleety bit slowly getting heavier....

On another note I think we will see proper snow Friday or the weekend...

My concern as always been how much...

Edited by dogs32

Posted

yes I know what you mean...but its a rough idea...

can confirm on the hill there is sleet coming down..

Where I am bottom of the hill we have rain with the odd sleety bit slowly getting heavier....

On another note I think we will see proper snow Friday or the weekend...

My concern as always been how much...

Outof interest what is your temperature and dew point at the moment? I am still waiting to see what happens when that ppn arrives although i expect rain even here at altitude this evening.

Posted

Mendip hills could maybe get some snow from that ppn heading south west as long as temps don't rise.

Current condtions are cloudy and low cloud mist with temp of 1.3c. dew point of -0.8c drinks.gif Mine will be a Thatchers please....

Thatchers a man after my own heart :whistling: ...dont think we will see any in bristol tonight , but never know . snow that is lol.

Posted

Thatchers a man after my own heart smile.gif ...dont think we will see any in bristol tonight , but never know . snow that is lol.

Thatchers, Guinness, Horse racing, snow......oops, forgot the wife!rofl.gif

Posted

Thatchers a man after my own heart smile.gif ...dont think we will see any in bristol tonight , but never know . snow that is lol.

Oh and Thatchers katy is just the ticket! she goes down lovely.air_kiss.gifrolleyes.gif Yes i think tomoro evening will still be of interest even if tricky dicky thinks otherwise. Starting to look for new avatar now.dry.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Outof interest what is your temperature and dew point at the moment? I am still waiting to see what happens when that ppn arrives although i expect rain even here at altitude this evening.

I dont have the dew point but my temp is 2,5

also slight elavated here

Edited by dogs32

Posted

It will snow in the cotswolds where I am. Always does. But should i put myself in the south west or the midlands?.... Decisions decisions....

Hi Drew, If you are in Gloucestershire, then you are officially classed as being in South-west England, as I am in Stroud.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

oooo 0.4C now with a DP of -0.3C, now, wheres the PPN gone?!

Posted

Oh and Thatchers katy is just the ticket! she goes down lovely.air_kiss.gifrolleyes.gif Yes i think tomoro evening will still be of interest even if tricky dicky thinks otherwise. Starting to look for new avatar now.dry.gif

Don't drink any of the fizzy stuff! Pah! Go to their farm in Sandford and get yourself some Cheddar Valley! And to think you're from cider land... :good:

Just to say (as I did on the South Central thread) that our presenter on South Today seemed to have trouble containing her excitement! "I'm going to have to temper what I say, but there might be some sleet around..." You could just tell she wanted to say that snow was on its way! :good:

Edited by butler_son

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Here in Gloucester I have a temp of 3.4C and DP of 2.7C atm and looking at the radar a moderate band of rain headed this way, possibly the hills might get some snow out of this yet.

Posted

Just watched BBC News24 weather presented by Darren Bett. Chance of light snow tomorrow night (rain at first), but really cold daytime weather not forecast to reach us until Friday (1 or 2 above freezing in day) - did hint at snow probs for UK by the weekendclap.gif

Posted

can see the odd wet sleet flake now by the lamp-post light..

Dont expect it to turn to real snow as it doesnt seem cold enough to me..

but I do have a thick wooly jumper on...

Just dont feel like the temp for snow yet...

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Just watched BBC News24 weather presented by Darren Bett. Chance of light snow tomorrow night (rain at first), but really cold daytime weather not forecast to reach us until Friday (1 or 2 above freezing in day) - did hint at snow probs for UK by the weekendclap.gif

oh good fingers crossed for snow :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme!
I just need to hear the term "mendip and snow" in same sentance an i will be happy. yahoo.gif

temp of 1.6c dew point of -1

Personally I'd like to see 'Yeovil' in that sentence! ;-)

Seems like only 9 months ago since I posted on here. I'm looking forward to the coming months of lamppost watching, especially in this thread. I had a look through the radar archive earlier for that great night last February and still can't believe it really happened.

As for the next week - not gonna hold my breath (though I do have a £10 bet with the missus that it'll snow Christmas day) so Ive got everything crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

It would be nice to see a fine scattering of snow, but I am going to the Forest tomorrow, so hope it doesnt sleet!!

Posted

It would be nice to see a fine scattering of snow, but I am going to the Forest tomorrow, so hope it doesnt sleet!!

the forest gets a lot of snow normaly in the winter but I think your be lucky tomorrow..I dont reckon there will be much around...

I dont think there is any forecast for anything heavy in that area

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I can confirm that ppn has reached me down here now and the verdict isnt good. wallbash.gif

Light sleet with maybe the odd wet flake mixed in but def sleet. can see it splattering on clear roof of greenhouse.

Well i wait for tuesday evening for a chance now.dry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Here in Stroud I think we just have rain, I am at around 500-600 feet so a bit of altitude, so I don't think we are going to be lucky tonight.

Posted

I can confirm that ppn has reached me down here now and the verdict isnt good. wallbash.gif

Light sleet with maybe the odd wet flake mixed in but def sleet. can see it splattering on clear roof of greenhouse.

Well i wait for tuesday evening for a chance now.dry.gif

yes lets hope tuesday gives us a bit of the white stuff :lol:

Posted

I did a silly thing earlier and got out my photos from February :D ......ah, those were the days! :D

I am going to be strong. 8)

I will not get my hopes up, because the disappointment is too hard to bear when nothing happens. :lol: :D :lol: