Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

To be fair though, we had more than our fair share of snow in February, perhaps it's someone else's turn. Although I'd happily swap this grey, damp, murk for anything right now - dry and frosty would suit me fine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

To be fair though, we had more than our fair share of snow in February, perhaps it's someone else's turn. Although I'd happily swap this grey, damp, murk for anything right now - dry and frosty would suit me fine.

Finland gets more than its fair share every year, they never let us have some :winky:

One week of good snow in 10 years is not a good ratio. That said, I never expected much from this one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes we had one good snow event in febuary however that was after an extreme snow drought that lasted years while northerners and east always see something each year quite often.

Although i doubt there is a snow god up there saying oh no they had snow in feb lets send it to the south east this month lol pardon.gifrofl.gif

Posted

I'm probably trying to placate myself as much as anyone else, I still haven't got used to the desperate lack of snow in the SW and that's after living here for 12 years. Moving is the answer, only a couple more years until youngest finishes school....

If there is a snow god, I'd like to know what he's so cheesed off about in the SW.

Posted

Temperature and dew point has just started to fall slightly in last 10 mins. yahoo.gif

please ppn hold in there. looked at bbc forecast and they sugest ppn right into the evening and even looks like pepping up before it moves west. i hope so.

Posted

NOT RAMPING just reporting...

Just got a text from hubby, he's just seen two snow ploughs near Wells. What do they know that we don't? Are they being loaned to another council and en route East/North?

He's had strict instructions to pull a 'Life on Mars' style broadside skid (is that even possible in a Discovery?) in front of any more he sees and find out what they're doing.

Posted

I would say its got alot colder in the last few hrs here anyway..

Still the odd sleety rain...

I havent looked at the charts today as Im fed up with them to behonest..

They keep chopping and changeing so Im just leaving everything up to fate..

what will be will be!!

Just hope we get the snow that looked so promising at one point.

If not like M.Roerts as said it will be the biggest snow let down in history..

Posted

To be fair though, we had more than our fair share of snow in February, perhaps it's someone else's turn

Gosh, do you think so? I know we did well in February this year, but look at all the previous years where we saw barely a flake. It always seems to me that it's the north and the east that get the snow. :winky: Then again, Dawn, you are more rural aren't you, so I imagine that you get more than those of us in towns or on the edges of towns.

When it comes to snow then I'm afraid I am very greedy, but I try to mitigate this unpleasant trait by realising that my greed will not make one iota of difference to the outcome of any snow potential. My greed will not actually "take" away snow from anyone else.

On that basis, I will continue to be greedy and, no doubt, I will continue to be disappointed! :D

Posted

NOT RAMPING just reporting...

Just got a text from hubby, he's just seen two snow ploughs near Wells. What do they know that we don't? Are they being loaned to another council and en route East/North?

He's had strict instructions to pull a 'Life on Mars' style broadside skid (is that even possible in a Discovery?) in front of any more he sees and find out what they're doing.

I Think they must be laying on extra help for the mendip hills this evening..... yahoo.gif

Posted

To be fair though, we had more than our fair share of snow in February, perhaps it's someone else's turn.

Ah, as you have now posted again, I see that you were just trying to con yourself! Don't do it!

Stand up for your rights! :D

Demand some snow! :D

:winky:

Posted

Can you help a lost person please? I don't know if Wimborne (Bournemouth) belongs to this group or the Central South group? I am hoping it is here as I have always considered us as being more South West than anything eles. Thank you :whistling:

I'm hopping between both...besides, the South Central one doesn't seem particularly lively... :help:

Posted

Apparently local radio said Dartmoor could expect snow later today... I won't be holding my breath. Especially with the temp now up to 4.2C (which is a whole degree warmer than yesterday)

I think I might relocate to Ruka. They have saying there: "Make the most of summer, there is less snow on the ground"

aggressive.gif

Edit: its -18C there today, with -23C for tomorrow.

sad.gif <--link

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Apparently local radio said Dartmoor could expect snow later today... I won't be holding my breath. Especially with the temp now up to 4.2C (which is a whole degree warmer than yesterday)

I think I might relocate to Ruka. They have saying there: "Make the most of summer, there is less snow on the ground"

aggressive.gif

Mine rose to 4.3c an hour ago but since then it has started to fall again. 3.9c now not a huge drop but it may be the start of that cold air making its way west so you never know. crazy.gif

Posted

sad.gif <--link

But it might look like that here before long......you never know! Don't give up hope! :whistling:

Posted

But it might look like that here before long......you never know! Don't give up hope! whistling.gif

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Only if the earths' axis goes walkabout :whistling:

Posted

Mine rose to 4.3c an hour ago but since then it has started to fall again. 3.9c now not a huge drop but it may be the start of that cold air making its way west so you never know. crazy.gif

winds here in south bristol are se , dew point 4 , temp 4 ,temps to east look lower and are showing as sleet on radar so maybe the colder air is working west .

Posted

Only if the earths' axis goes walkabout :good:

Here's a fine thing http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=wisi

Put your postcode in and see what happens. Looking good for my Exeter/Exmouth homeland, and think how much higher up you must be.

Don't know how reliable it is, but every little helps to boost the old hopes! :cray:

:aggressive:

Posted

Here's a fine thing http://www.netweathe...cgi?action=wisi

Put your postcode in and see what happens. Looking good for my Exeter/Exmouth homeland, and think how much higher up you must be.

Don't know how reliable it is, but every little helps to boost the old hopes! good.gif

smiliz34.gif

22% 70% 85% 65%

Wednesday through Saturday.

We shall see unknw.gif

Edited by Dartmoor_Matt

Posted

Hi cityatnight, what sort of area east is getting sleet? Wiltshire or further than that?

Thanks!

West Wiltshire is having but the finest and lightest of drizzles.

(If you want to be optimistic, it is *so* fine, and *so* light, it could be snizzle - I won't be able to tell until I go out in the car. Ah, the car windscreen - the finest instrument for differentiating snow from sleet and snizzle from drizzle... Better than a lamp-post, I say...)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow snow snow ..

ooooooo i dont think we will get anything... :aggressive: but if we do yay but dont think we will....hey but i know nothing just a feeling,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Still not convinced about this cold spell for our neck of the woods.

Grey murky & still drizzling here, temp has barely changed sitting happily in the 4-6c range for the last two day's.

Net-Weather say I have a 92% of snow on Friday, we shall see.

Posted

For me, today through to Saturday....

Today 35%

Wednesday 50%

Thursday 75%

Friday 0% (that one'll be right :aggressive: )

Saturday 82%

Time will tell.

It's the same old rollercoaster ride every year....why do we do this to ourselves? :good::cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

For me, today through to Saturday....

Today 35%

Wednesday 50%

Thursday 75%

Friday 0% (that one'll be right laugh.gif )

Saturday 82%

Time will tell.

It's the same old rollercoaster ride every year....why do we do this to ourselves? laugh.giflaugh.gif

Cause we love snowdrinks.gifyahoo.gif